Purpose or Banana Manifold?

carsial

Known Member
Jan 23, 2006
hi guys..was wondering wats the purpose of banana manifold?
to reduce restriction?
mostly i can see it on turbocharged cars...wat about a banana in a NA car?
will it serve any purpose?
thanks for the reply!
cheers and have a nice day!:_:

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
banana is to let the exhaust gas escape faster.... coz turbocharged engine will dispose lots of exhaust (coz intake also alot mah)..... normal 4-2-1 or 4-1 headers cannot handle such amount of gas.... so, banana is the way to go...

NA cars with banana headers..... possible... last time hypertune reviewed a kelisa NA with banana headers.... performance difference i dunno la...

Fluffy

3,000 RPM
May 1, 2005
>>klang<<
Tuned Length Manifolds (Your banana manifold) can improve top end power and also reduce turbo lag. However, if improperly fabricated without using the correct lengths and diameters, it may result in more lag and loss of power.

cheeft

1,000 RPM
Mar 29, 2005
Visit site
i m using those banana header for my kelisa... wat i can say is there is improvement... the rev will go up faster n feel much lighter...

gavan

1,000 RPM
Apr 14, 2004
Shah Alam
Visit site
eh, got a pic of those banana manifold anot? its for NA right? cause im thinking of chaning my extractor soon, its dented arleady and its also getting rusty liow... =(

cheeft

1,000 RPM
Mar 29, 2005
Visit site
yup is expensive... i bought mine for RM950... mine is for NA and last time use by perodua kelisa rally car...

dannybboy87

Jan 29, 2013
Melaka
newbie here .... area melaka

is there any banana exhaust manifold available for 4A-FE engine 1.6? i am driving toyota corolla SEG1.6 1996. Will increase pickup o not ? TQ ...!!!

mouse8899

Known Member
Oct 28, 2012
petaling jaya
i m using those banana header for my kelisa... wat i can say is there is improvement... the rev will go up faster n feel much lighter...
top end power got increase kah? i remembered my kenari last time only till 120km/h already cannot up already... probably the stock exhaust bocor because when idle already sound like sport muffler:confused:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

What you see pictured here is a spare tire cover. Yup, one of those things you see covering the spare wheel at the back of Perodua Kembara's, Toyota Rav 4's and even the Mafia's choice Mercedes 'Geländewagen', except that this is one very special tire cover.

It might not be the Faberge egg or a Van Gogh, but this particular cover just so happens to be the most expensive tire cover in the world. Why...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience