Perodua Nautica... The ideal 4wd?

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

Dougster

Known Member
Hey guys

as we all know, perodua have just recently launched their latest addition to their line of compact cars... only this time it isnt really compact...

But of course comparisons will be drawn between the toyota rush and the perodua nautica but what do you guys think?

i know some people who are planning to get something within that price range..

RM90k....

Pros and cons anybody?

i personally feel that this is a decent and pretty bold step for perodua to have taken. Breaking out of their cheap compact car category and coming up with something slightly more upmarket... IMHO...

I hear a lot of comments that its overpriced etc... but no one said that about the Toyota Rush....

COnsidering that the Nautica was assembled in Japan, has 4wd technology with center differential albeit lacking 2 seats as compared to the rush, doesnt it qualify perodua to compete in the slightly more premium market?

Wadaya think?

I own perodua kembara first edition...for me Perodua Nautica very nice.....

Last edited by a moderator:
Good..gives me a bit more assurance that its a good car..

will be test driving it soon...

Anyone driven it before?

I nearly bought the car....till I saw the price. Other than that I think it is OK though I did not manage to test drive the car, so I am wondering whether it is under-powered.

The Toyota Rush which has a longer wheelbase (not that much longer though) is definitely under-powered! A 1.5 N/A engine even with DVVT just is not enough for a car with that weight. So even though the Nautica is smaller, but it might be slightly heavier as the chassis is also 30% stiffer than the Rush.

Other than that, I was also a bit disappointed with the finish of the interior. Since it is a CBU, I was expecting slightly better quality plastic finishing than what is currently used.

With a price tag like that, I would rather opt for a Honda City which will give me nicer finishing & better fuel economy.

Just my opinion. :burnout:

Hey i test drove the nautica today.

and i have to say im pretty impressed with the overall ride quality.

Power wise...its nothing to shout about but rest assured that its not underpowered.... i had a load of 3 people in the car and i managed to climb an uphill section of a highway from 40kmh and managed to hit 100kmh...at 3/4 throttle.... thats alright for a 1.5L 4WD....it didnt feel sluggish.... Dont expect a surge of power ala VTEC of course...

The throttle response isnt laggy like in recent proton models where it takes at least half a second for the ECU to realize that ur depressing the accelerator pedal....

The cabin is spacious... seats 5 comfortably.... and it has ENORMOUS boot space once the rear seats are folded....

Although a manual variant might have been better for those really looking to take the nautica off road, the auto transmission does the job for an urban commute pretty well...

just take a test on it yesterday, overall quiet nice to drove, bcoz of the design almost same as Rush, so any other details can be mod/add on, so kinda ok for me. power wise, kinda under power, mayb it's still in break in period... so, no comment on the power. lag Throttle reason is expected...
Interior its ok la, still... too 'plastic'....
other than that, everythings fine except for the price....

well improvement compare with Kembara...

It is overpriced. Since we are used to the fact that our second national car is supposed to be cheap! Now they are offering a 90K small SUV? Whats worse there are so many bigger and better similarly priced cars to drive in the city than this one. If the terios 2 were in Malaysia by Daihatsu, how much would that cost?

Full-time 4wd + auto gearbox is a bad combination for fuel economy... have read about a similar model in s'pore having bad resale value due to its high fuel consumption. Wonder why they wanna put full-time 4wd system when it's hardly ever needed in city driving?

price tag is ridiculous. rush is 95K, nautica is 90K.

i think if want to buy btw the two, better i have a toyota logo heheh.

but if r really hv that money, better i add 10k then buy Honda Civic 1.8.
more power than the 4WD stupid 1.5 DVVTipu engine. space oso almost same wut. i cannot understand nautica's sales point at all.

Hey..couldnt help but notice this thing going on about nautica.

I dont know much technical stuff about cars...but i think u cant compare it with a Civic.

The Nautica can go offroad ma..eventhough its not that powerful. I dont think the civic can do that.

And my friend bought one, the boot space is really big when you fold the rear seats forward.

The car also feels quite solid la... but yea..the price is a bit high but you get a lot of things lor for that price.

im not comparing with nautica and civic for the car. im comparing for the money worth to buy. nautica go offroad? civic oso can go offroad, mod the civic like rally style, thick tyres and high suspension pun boleh go offroad maaaaaaaaa

hehe

With the rise in petrol prices, nobody's going to even think of touching such a high priced petrol 4WD.

Perodua better start calling the trailers to send the Nautica's back to the scrap yard for steel recycling...

With the rise in petrol prices, nobody's going to even think of touching such a high priced petrol 4WD.

Perodua better start calling the trailers to send the Nautica's back to the scrap yard for steel recycling...

Dude..just got news that their sales have surpassed peroduas expectations already. Don't know if the new petrol prices are gona get the new owners worried.

Well if the consumption is close to what is stated in the brochure, it really isnt that bad. It's around the same region as your usual 1.5 urban cars.

All i can say is i really dont see the point in buying a Nautica....

Whoever here has actually bought one, please do tell why did u choose to do so?

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom