Painting a car [HELP]

fazidk

3,000 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
yaaa loorr work is work, diy is self satisfactory + self imagination + self knowledge (can be shared 2) & worst come to worst if damage U learn summore:nurse:
True bro twisted...at work full n proper equipment so margin for error is very small :)...but to DIY properly is self satisfying...

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
X la where can..at work bz doing customer cars..:)
I mean after work, cannot repair own car?

---------- Post added at 08:47 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:47 AM ----------

True bro twisted...at work full n proper equipment so margin for error is very small :)...but to DIY properly is self satisfying...
As you mention, at work got proper equipment.....:driver:

alantjw

1,500 RPM
Mar 26, 2008
haha maybe when want to spray need you to be around loh to advise FAZIDIK.

fazidk

3,000 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
I mean after work, cannot repair own car?

---------- Post added at 08:47 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:47 AM ----------

As you mention, at work got proper equipment.....:driver:
True but finish work oso late..

---------- Post added at 12:12 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:10 PM ----------

haha maybe when want to spray need you to be around loh to advise FAZIDIK.
Hehe ya la better oso :)...x la just dat sometimes I wanna try my own wiz limited resources..nama oso DIY rite :)

alantjw

1,500 RPM
Mar 26, 2008
True but finish work oso late..

---------- Post added at 12:12 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:10 PM ----------

Hehe ya la better oso :)...x la just dat sometimes I wanna try my own wiz limited resources..nama oso DIY rite :)
yeah bro. i sux at preparing for painting. i fail allot doing the body filler part. cant get the harderner ratio right. spend around RM50 for that. i tested on my wira and it looks crap.:banghead:

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
yeah bro. i sux at preparing for painting. i fail allot doing the body filler part. cant get the harderner ratio right. spend around RM50 for that. i tested on my wira and it looks crap.:banghead:
Wah! that needs a lot of skill....

fazidk

3,000 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
X la bro just need to know d ratio n bit more practice la:)...mybe we can meet up if u want n start a DIY project :)

---------- Post added at 07:35 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:34 AM ----------

Wah! that needs a lot of skill....
I x say that bro vr...just need to know d ratio n a bit of practice..

---------- Post added at 07:37 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:35 AM ----------

My wira had roof rust n I did it at home wiz limited resources n tools..but lasted about 4 yrs before bubble reappearing again :(...now planning to give it another go...

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

My wira had roof rust n I did it at home wiz limited resources n tools..but lasted about 4 yrs before bubble reappearing again :(...now planning to give it another go...
I have seen my spray painter do that for years applying the putty. First is the mixed type, then the fine type direct from a can. It looks easy but skill is really needed to get it even and nice. For you probably you have enough practice and skilled enough....:biggrin:

4 years for repaired Wira roof to re-rust? That is very very good. I sent my wife's car last time to repair the rusted roof also. From top grind until bare metal, apply anti rust, putty, paint back. From below the roof cloth was taken out, scrap until bare metal, anti rust applied, new sealant and painted back only lasted 6 months, that is why I sold it and never bought a Proton again...

fazidk

3,000 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
I have seen my spray painter do that for years applying the putty. First is the mixed type, then the fine type direct from a can. It looks easy but skill is really needed to get it even and nice. For you probably you have enough practice and skilled enough....:biggrin:

4 years for repaired Wira roof to re-rust? That is very very good. I sent my wife's car last time to repair the rusted roof also. From top grind until bare metal, apply anti rust, putty, paint back. From below the roof cloth was taken out, scrap until bare metal, anti rust applied, new sealant and painted back only lasted 6 months, that is why I sold it and never bought a Proton again...
X la where got skill enuff bro..myself oso stil learning...just that I have d opportunity to do it on a frequent basis n practice..sometime oso 'hancus' :)...

D thing about roof rust (any rust for that matter) depends on LUCK bro...d process n kind of products do play a part(x point u go all d trouble grinding,anti rust etc but use low quality products...x get me wrong x saying d painter did so)..taking care of it oso plays a major part..

For me I did d similar process u mentioned (except I did it DIY at home hehe)..grinded,acid it,anti rust it,putty/fiber it,primer it n lastly spray it (of coz d last 2 process did it at workshop)...after spraying anti rust inside out I sprayed d primer..sanded it..let it settle 2 days then sprayed color..I did 3 layers just to b safe s well to protect from debris n heat..lacquer wise I used hi-grade from glasurit oso 3 layers (I find it more thick n 'rubbery'...geeez sounds funny x it??)...this in my opinion helped a lot to protect from d sun..park in covered garage..but like I mentioned LUCK...

alantjw

1,500 RPM
Mar 26, 2008
X la bro just need to know d ratio n bit more practice la:)...mybe we can meet up if u want n start a DIY project :)

---------- Post added at 07:35 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:34 AM ----------

---------- Post added at 07:37 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:35 AM ----------

yeah bro.. when DIY project need you be around to advise and teaching.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I thought this would be the PERFECT test car for the Castrol Edge as being an old car, this will really test out its protective properties. Also, it’s a heavy car with a 2.8cc engine so fuel consumption is generally on the high side. Since owning the car in December 2009, it’s been running on an average 6.3 – 6.4km per litre of fuel. It’s on a strict diet of RON95, being my daily drive and the ever rising cost...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience