Oversize Throttle Body

currently using GSR intake with mivec 60mm Tb in my 93NA.. can i know how big Tb that this intake can fit and rebore ? 65mm or 70mm ?

currently using GSR intake with mivec 60mm Tb in my 93NA.. can i know how big Tb that this intake can fit and rebore ? 65mm or 70mm ?

just my 2 cents from experience...
the gsr inlet can only be bored max to bout 62-64mm but resulting a very thin layer at the mouth area. i'm running on a bored TB with 63mm mouth & diaphram. thats the max i think thats reasonably sound. so if getting a 65mm & above TB....its better to opt a custom intake.

Bro Don,

i understand that piggy or standalone is required to tune the AFR to avoid the machine to run lean and cause detonation.What does high rev mean? I don think High cams is a necessity if i wanna use a bigger TB.

the question i'm looking an answer for is if my intake is 64mm and my TB is 70mm, will the step effect cause any damage to my components?

In terms of performance...will it be better to use my TB which is 62mm(maybe bore to 64mm to match intake) or use a 70mm TB with a 64mm Intake(assuming i dont bore my intake).Which will be better?

Thank you for your time.

this all about "perfect match"....
if not just use stock TB lee..

Bro Don,

i understand that piggy or standalone is required to tune the AFR to avoid the machine to run lean and cause detonation.What does high rev mean? I don think High cams is a necessity if i wanna use a bigger TB.

the question i'm looking an answer for is if my intake is 64mm and my TB is 70mm, will the step effect cause any damage to my components?

In terms of performance...will it be better to use my TB which is 62mm(maybe bore to 64mm to match intake) or use a 70mm TB with a 64mm Intake(assuming i dont bore my intake).Which will be better?

Thank you for your time.

high rev means most of the time revving at high rpm range lor....
highcams are not necessity if u wanna use larger TB... but for optimum result, yes.... same goes to port polish... its all about optimizing the intake flow efficiency...

try port ur intake manifold as well to match ur throttle body... the step difference will cause turbulance inside ur intake manifold....

just my 2 cents from experience...
the gsr inlet can only be bored max to bout 62-64mm but resulting a very thin layer at the mouth area. i'm running on a bored TB with 63mm mouth & diaphram. thats the max i think thats reasonably sound. so if getting a 65mm & above TB....its better to opt a custom intake.

thanx for the info bro... hmm i just planning to but custom oversized intake for my 93. i thought it can fit 70mm tb. aiyo. damn sad. meaning have to spend for custom intake or civic type r intake to fit oversized Tb. thanx again bro!!!

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom