newbiee~

Mantix Kiong

From Facebook
Mar 23, 2012
www.facebook.com
hi brothers, i would like u bros to give me some advise before buying an airtrek turbo.. i saw 1 good deal and look tip top on the outside, but whats is the main thing i need to check? advise pls! :adore:

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
Welcome bro mantix. Do search around, a lot of helpful info ard. U can start off with bro James link above. ;)

Mantix Kiong

From Facebook
Mar 23, 2012
www.facebook.com
hi bro stutzedward, and thanks for welcoming me. i readed the threat, and i wonder wad is the main thing i need to check before buying the car? like chassis? suspension and stuff.. coz is my 1st time buying car.. =) so i need some help on this. cheers~

---------- Post added at 11:27 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:49 AM ----------

year 2001 airtrek turbo
mileague around 96k
so far chasis no sound. din saw any leaking. already got cusco oil catch tank and HKS waste gate..

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
Seems like the car is partially modded last time. just my opinion ya, I think a car with waste gate cud be pretty serious on modification last time. So yr current condition could be de-modded. Just my guess anyway. But highly modified car doesn't mean bad conditioned car. Mine is mildly modified by my car condition is mint cos I take real good care of it.

VISUAL
- Body should be smooth
- Front radiator mount should be original and not beat up
- No wet engine parts
- Under carraige make sure no welding or joint
- Water patches around back boot
- Absorbers are not wet

FEEL
- engine running - make sure no funny noises - pop up the hood and listen closely for noises like bad bearings
- engine running - aircond is cold and normal
- idling - make sure no vibration on D or R
- idling - turn the steering wheel, the RPM should raise slighly and car should not stall
- driving - on boost, make sure no vibration
- driving - make sure gear change is smooth and no alien noise
- driving - make sure no jerking on any rpm range
- driving - make sure chassis is quiet and no alien noise
- driving - make sure wheel noise is as per normal and nothing like 'ng ng ng ng' (bad bearing sometimes)
- hard braking - make sure no vibration

GOOD LUCK.

cftiew

Feb 9, 2009
bro due to the age of the car, wear m tear replacement is normal rite? just make sure the gearbox and engine is running fine gua, cos i remember clearly b4 i buy my airtrek, the engine is quiet and gearbox is smooth then i quite satisfied d. 1st major 1st service timing bear, bearing, all fluid, engine mounting, brake pad and etc which cost me a bomb but no chioice used car somemore is turbocharge anyway i quite enjoy driving with my ride.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

This is a journey - of E39 restoration journey

was the successor of the BMW E34 in 1995, and itself was replaced by the E60 platform in 2003

was introduced in 95, the complete vehicle redesign draws heavily from the E38 7 Series in body construction and electronic technology. The mid-level BMW saloon showed evolutionary styling changes rather than a dramatic redesign...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience