NEW SAGA (BLM) Owners

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
the nearest u can go to desa tun razak, near bdr tasik permaisuri, opposite UKM hospital beside the perodua svc centre...its branch svc centre...the one at cheras perdana if not mistaken is dealer svc ctr.

if u wind all down, then should be the regulator, i am guessing based on my own car experience...i did tighten it b4 and no sound after that.....

Oct 2, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
thanks man. do i need to make appointment before i go? tat SC guy mentioned before bout tighten something will cause the door cannot open. isnt the regulator right :confused:

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
funny if he said so coz the things inside is internal, maybe u check with the svc ctr to get a more professional advice....coz not logic if couldn't lock...and need not worry, as long as u didnt do any mod in yr car and still under warranty, let the svc ctr settle the prob for u...bring along yr svc book for warranty repair....

Jul 27, 2009
Pulau Pinang
funny if he said so coz the things inside is internal, maybe u check with the svc ctr to get a more professional advice....coz not logic if couldn't lock...and need not worry, as long as u didnt do any mod in yr car and still under warranty, let the svc ctr settle the prob for u...bring along yr svc book for warranty repair....
Talking about Warranty, Bro Evo... I got one silly question. If i remove all the existing soft cover in the BLM and put an extra layer of Insulflex Isolator as sound proofing. would that be void of warranty? and my 1.6MT FC is RM50/280KM ~ 300KM is the FC too high? I'm only using it in the city. On ya, one more issue, my 1st service, cost me RM200+, some more they did charged me services charges about RM19++... isn't that a little bit weird? the SC is Proton Edar Penang Branch! Plz advice...

P/S: for sound proofing, I'll DIY...

Last edited:

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
u didnt meddle with the wiring and other mechanical parts..then its still under warranty.....
but the part that u remove or modify will be void, e.g roof lining, pillar cover, door trim, fender trim etc....
rm200 is high, it should be rm110 to rm120 only with semi sync oil.
u should tell them do not charge me on extra items, i need basic things only.

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
go to svc ctr and they will advice, i didnt know that detail...should be in between 18inches to 21inches

Oct 12, 2009
Kuching
hello!now can u guys help me in sorting these things clear:

1)i heard that if change to 4-2-1 extractor will increase pick-up and more effective FC,true meh?now i use matola muffler and 2 inch direct piping and FC is like buying 1 crack beer for one rev..any advice?

2)changing air filter to a branded one etc. HKS or K&N will increase pick-up.true meh?

this week i 1 2 change extractor but,plz help me in this :confused::stupid:

---------- Post added at 07:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:31 PM ----------

oh ya,my car is saga blm 1.3 MT btw hehe..

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
it effect your warranty.....still long way to go (175,000km or 5 years)...u sure wanna waste it?

pciericagp

Known Member
Jan 8, 2005
Proton Saga 1.3 BLM actually improved a lot if compare to previous Proton Wira 1.5 auto. Stronger chassis, better suspension, better fuel consumption (about 11km/L) for 1,070kg car. No major issues so far for my brother car, current mileage = 6k.

Just one thing I don like, the headrest of front seat. No so comfort. The rest all was ok. Don compare with Myvi. Myvi only engine and gearbox was japanese, the rest still local parts like proton car caused supplier same. Myvi rear boot very small, not comfort when cruising on highway, chassis weak, FC not so impressive, bigger possibility roll over when lost control. Compare to Myvi tyres and BLM tyres, BLM M-Line was using 185/60/R14 while Myvi Full Spec was 175/65/R14.

I'm not pro with proton, my comment based on testing for 2 cars when my brother want to purchase.

For those who always balik kampung, SAGA BLM was the cheapest and safer solution to you cause stable when 110km/h ~ 120km/h.

Jul 27, 2009
Pulau Pinang
Thanks for your opinion... I've got my SAGA in RED 1.6MT Taxi Spec.... :rofl:
FC, can consider ok, aounrd RM0.12~RM0.17...
Really like the car... I'm planning to go for whole car insulation/sound proof... :biggrin::proud:

boyzone

2,000 RPM
Mar 13, 2005
Thanks for your opinion... I've got my SAGA in RED 1.6MT Taxi Spec.... :rofl:
FC, can consider ok, aounrd RM0.12~RM0.17...
Really like the car... I'm planning to go for whole car insulation/sound proof... :biggrin::proud:
How much u get ur 1.6 MT ?
What is the latest FC, can share?

Dec 15, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
hello, can anybody help me about the installation of ignition booster (D1 spec VSD IV) for saga BLM 1.3 campro??

Last edited:

jon_fnd

Known Member
Jan 1, 2009
salam

i have saga blm 1.3A. so underpower , ithink to tranplan to other engine. any idea what engine can put at saga.

Jun 2, 2006
any suggestion on how to increase BLM performance (pick up @ top speed) without doing any engine modification (turbo etc)..?

i'm new user n dunno much regarding engine wise..

btw i'm driving saga BLM SE..

pls guide me.. :)

May 27, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Saga is a reliable car and reasonably priced for its range. It comes with std package of 175,000km or 5years warranty. So far there is no major cases of breakdown or defects. I don deny there are some minor concerns which i believe most cars do have it, but it will subside once rectified by the svc ctr.

After sales service: as long as you maintained yr car with proton's periodical service interval, its all under warranty. the service interval are 1000km, 5000km and 10,000km (with free labor charge) then followed by every 10,000km service. The recommended engine oil is mineral based 20-50w and it does not cost more than rm100 for normal lube change, major service is every 20,000km and the cost is around rm150 to rm250. overall you saved half of the service cost with every 10,000km service instead of the norm of every 5000km.

to add on to it, the saga runs on lotus tuned suspension and it has great handling and comfort too. the FC has improved with proper tuning whenever you send in for service. The power to weight ratio is sufficient for the size. latest model comes with tinting and immobilizer key for added comfort and safety. Hope this could clear your doubt in purchasing our national pride.
cheerz

Bump: the 3rd pair of seat belt is underneath the seat, you may get our svc ctr to pull it out or u can try pull it from under the seat.
Dear Bump,

As you said after the first three services, comes to the fourth service which needed the labour charge the service charge will not over RM250? I just went to EON service centre, they said the standard service for fourth service will more than RM500. Including changing engine oil, oil filter, air filter, coolant, spark plug, and etc...

They refuse to give me the price and parts that needed to be change, as they said the price will print out when comes to invoice, the times is after we done service and the payment time.

Do you know the pricing and parts which need to be change at fourth service?

Regards,

Stanley

fatbusterd

Known Member
Jul 6, 2005
klang n brunei
u BLM owners ..if u wanna make it faster or wat eve...my fren is smart pomen with campro...
wazi motor proton servis kemuning....

he did a blm drag car..n its damn nice..stndrd modified but its fast..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

My housemate myvi WPF 4965, original state, was stolen at subang jaya housing area just now during a house break in. Whoever spotted this car kindly inform me at 016-2020173 (JD).
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience