New JPJ Law??

SA6YEuro

500 RPM
Feb 24, 2004
Sin City
Visit site
Made a few calls around n found out eventhough reduce cc oso hav to obtain the surat kawal selia!!! Last time i asked a Puspakom official n he mentioned no need. juz hav to bring the chop shop receipt, grant, ap n 40 bucks....

now apparently if change engine besides the original eventhough within the -/+25% cc difference must hav tt letter!! can some1 share ur knowledge b4 i approach the jpj/puspakom fellas...... :unsure:

scared the runners wanna pull a fast 1!!! thanx a lot guys!!

dolly

500 RPM
Dec 24, 2003
Bagi kategori 2 - Pemohon perlu membuat pemeriksaan khas di PUSPAKOM dan melaporkan kepada JPJ negeri dengan melampirkan dokumen-dokumen berikut :

Borang permohonan/Lampiran A
Kad Pendaftaran yang asal
Resit Pembelian enjin yang asal
Surat Kastam K1 yang disahkan
Surat Pelepasan Tanggungan
Laporan pemeriksaan PUSPAKOM (B2)
LKM (Cukai Jalan) Asal
Insurans Kenderaan yang baru

kategori 2 = Penukaran enjin dari model yang sama dan keupayaan kapasiti tidak melebihi atau tidak kurang 25% dari enjin yang asal

dont' see anything new in the website. its been like this since last year when i transplanted my engine.

no need the letter, but need them (puspakom) peeps to test ur car

SA6YEuro

500 RPM
Feb 24, 2004
Sin City
Visit site
it would seem so in their website but when ask around.... no letter the runner dowan to do!!

dilemma!! :(

vestax

1,500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
Damansara Heigh
www.fivio.com
if you want more detail info better call up jpj , no need to call up friends , cause friends listen from friends and then there is where the rumors starts and every one will be panic and then some make up story .

cause i`ve called them up recently and then had send me the details by email , its basically the same in the home page , no changes . just follow the correct protocol and u`ll be fine .

if jpj really change the rules , it must be in black & white statement , jpj spoke person will have to voice it out to the press for the public to be aware . they can't just change without informing the public .

SA6YEuro

500 RPM
Feb 24, 2004
Sin City
Visit site
vestax, long time no hear..... hows ur monster doin??

its always the case..... when u ask them directly.... can! can!! but when send the car over..... mana tu surat kawalselia?? siapa kata tak payah!!

end up i kena kantoi for nuthin!!! my conversion follow law oso.....

L9Turbo

Known Member
Aug 18, 2004
Visit site
So my 1000cc to 660cc tak pass la?

vestax

1,500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
Damansara Heigh
www.fivio.com
Originally posted by SA6YEuro@Jan 13 2005, 18:53
vestax, long time no hear..... hows ur monster doin??

its always the case..... when u ask them directly.... can! can!! but when send the car over..... mana tu surat kawalselia?? siapa kata tak payah!!

end up i kena kantoi for nuthin!!! my conversion follow law oso.....
my car also just recently did inspection , failed la as usual , but then i didn't get any surat kawal selia . if you read the details , below 25% no need surat kawal selia . but if u were to go to jpj putra jaya bahagian teknik , then`ll give u the surat tukar engine but then they call it surat kawal selia . i also damn blur . but then if they say no need , no need la . if you are using runner , then confrim no need kawal selia , cause runners cut que straight go to the counter , give all the docs and then ask the jpj to settle . then later only duit cerita la .

SA6YEuro

500 RPM
Feb 24, 2004
Sin City
Visit site
Originally posted by scudracer@Jan 14 2005, 17:48
Anyone here changed from 1500 to 1600? What does Puspakom do for this 'inspection'
Puspakom basically veirfies the engine n ensures ur car as a whole is safe n road worthy...... treat them like the sub-contractors for JPJ!!

AlucarD

1,000 RPM
Jan 15, 2004
Bro ... liddat should have got the B18C or even the H22A huh?? But still your monster .. I scared lah .... 4000rpm can tapau me oledi, I'm going to hide for a few months until the coast is clear, uncle fred tells me he is going to hibernate coz of your car

.... :blink: :o

SA6YEuro

500 RPM
Feb 24, 2004
Sin City
Visit site
ba-keh-rou!!!! dun put me on the tbl...... where la can outrun the GSR king!!! vtec no chance to open, u oredi long gone!! :huh: :o :blink:

SA6YEuro

500 RPM
Feb 24, 2004
Sin City
Visit site
Juz got off the phone wif a JPJ officer..... he mentioned tt no need any kawal selia letter fr putrajaya....... juz the surat pertukaran enjin fr any of the JPJ branches......... onli then applications will later b compiled in Putrajaya...... this wat he mentioned unless he is talkin cock!!!

heres the number..... 03 88866400 ...... ask for the bahagian teknikal.....

my case is downgrade cc.......... fr 1.8 to 1.6............ but diff generation engine.....

blardy runners..... try to bullshit me!!!! :angry:

vestax

1,500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
Damansara Heigh
www.fivio.com
hehe i told u aready mah , cause i call up the jpj also , and then borang penukaran engine you don't need to go to jpj branch , you can get it online from the jpj.gov.my site by downloading the PDF file and then print it out .

aramis

500 RPM
Nov 20, 2003
Cyberjaya/KL/PJ
www.scuba2u.com
dont think there's any changes. Did mine last Dec and no surat is needed. I upgraded from 1.6 -> 1.8

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Guys, if I have budget around 2k, what kind of semibucket seat can I get ? FYI, Im driving a Satria GTi,so what do you guys think suitable seat around that price tag ?

Do you guys think its better to go for those replicas but brand new or original but secondhand ones ?

I was thinking of Recaro Evo 2 or 3,since original GTi Recaro Njoy is hard to find nowadays, u think suitable or not for GTi ? Does the rear seat able to fit Satria GTi ?

And of course it has to come with railing and...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience