Will JPJ Disturb if i install Turbo Kit On my 4g91 Engine

Starkiller

500 RPM
May 19, 2010
Hartamas
naah dont think they disturb la. i heard Kenari with VTEC pass JPJ roadblock no problem(maybe give duit kopi). JPJ very unpredictable, my car also stock engine kena tahan at JPJ roadblock lol.

wsukun

500 RPM
Nov 17, 2008
London Calling
any unapproved modification to engine bound to be problem to JPJ. No?
star, your neo no exception. with such modification to the front end, you got more hard days coming ahead to you

Starkiller

500 RPM
May 19, 2010
Hartamas
any unapproved modification to engine bound to be problem to JPJ. No?
star, your neo no exception. with such modification to the front end, you got more hard days coming ahead to you
hahahha, i sense it coming too bro :sad: but that aint gonna stop me from modding!! :D

mydvdrom

Known Member
Jul 20, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
lets juz say its not as illegal as changing to a turbocharged engine. some theory is that it is safe as long as u don't change the engine illegally. another school of thought is that a big increase in power for a standard engine might be illegal. but does that mean that NA cars with heavy mods that can't be detected by visual legal? lolz

yeehau86

Helmet Clan
Feb 10, 2007
maximum displacement increase is 25% according to their law, make sure you don't exceed it.

one1002

Known Member
Jun 4, 2009
its just a turbo kit..no the full engine correct?

then i guess its ok..just dont kepishh kepishhh infront of them.. =P

maximum displacement increase is 25% according to their law, make sure you don't exceed it.
that is when u want to change your engine..mostly proton, jpj doesnt allow you to change to a 2.0 engine..1.6-->1.8..1.8-->1.8..only perdana can use 2.0 engine.

yeehau86

Helmet Clan
Feb 10, 2007
I was replying to mydvdrom actually since he is talking about big increase in power for a standard engine might be illegal. :burnout:

MKMD428

500 RPM
Aug 21, 2005
johore
its just a turbo kit..no the full engine correct?

then i guess its ok..just dont kepishh kepishhh infront of them.. =P

that is when u want to change your engine..mostly proton, jpj doesnt allow you to change to a 2.0 engine..1.6-->1.8..1.8-->1.8..only perdana can use 2.0 engine.
yup..and if i'm not mistaken, turbo are considered as accessories. its a kit. in car registration card also stated, eg: 4G63, 4G61, 4G93...etc it doesn't state any 'T behind. as long as the engine number is the same as per engine blok.

so the conclusion is..i think its ok. its an accessory for engine.

kumar22mostwanted

1,500 RPM
Jan 9, 2010
HELL!!!
yeap yeap there is no rule againt BOT
the reason they may stop you if they see intercooler or hear BOV sound is coz they think you may have changed your engine without approval from them
however if you still have the same engine as stated in you grant then it should be all good for u even at roadblocks :top:

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
the jpj regulations have this grey area on how much u can mod an engine, is it dependant on the power figure, parts, etc? if its ur original engine, den charge it up all u want sir

Mrnazmi

500 RPM
Jan 17, 2005
Drag City
Visit site
But for further confirmation, i suggest u should go check with puspakom of JPJ officer first because if you can get legal statement from them that bolt on turbo on non-turbo engine does not need inspection, then it should be ok lor..:driver:

But for my experience, two of my friend:

1. Wira 1.5 (original Proton Engine) bolt on turbo + big inter cooler, got roadblock by police only, easily pass without further question.

2. Kelisa 1.0 (original Perodua Eninge) bolt on turbo + big inter cooler, got roadblock by JPJ, been asking by the JPJ Officer whether he change the engine or bolt on turbo, my friend simply open the bonet and show the JPJ officer his engine is bolt on turbo, then kawtim, no further question / explanation, the officer just let him pass.

Both situation is no further question / explanation by by both officer (JPJ and Police) , so still don't have legal statement regarding bolt on turbo cases. Hope anyone can add some more experience..:proud:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi morning all,

My fc has been very bad since recently for about 2 months+ . Previously it was able to go rm50 for 320km+ . Now it become rm50 200km onli. I check on many thing but still same.

However, i read some thread similar to my case, and some claim after change the "centre box/midbox" then their fc back to normal.
I just wonder is the midbox really affect fc that much ?

Im pretty confuse...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience