New Inspira, 07' civic or 00' Altezza which one better?

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

iswara204

500 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
Xuang26,

I have been following your thread cos im in the dilema of buying car too. Wish you all the best man!

p/s: Hot from oven, Proton insider info, the production for inspira will be stopped due to not meeting the sales expectation.

xuang26

Known Member
Sep 28, 2010
Selangor
thank AE111_SEG for ur info.
Thanks G221 for what u baby drink :)

Hi iswara204 ,what car u plan to buy? Ur hot news issit true? Actually i wait for the discount. Lasttime my brother bought waja during raya time, they got provide 5k rebate and good interest rate. But now the inspira latest promo is 5 years warranty and 5 years free maintenance and 2.33 interest rate.
I really not undertand what they means 5 years free maintence lor. I ever ask a friend. He said that everything is free during the service including the syntethic oil. Issit true?

AE111_SEG

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2005
Putra Heights
Toyota Altezza - Autoworld Forum

more discussion here......spend some time reading... 2 pages only ... alot of valuable info

The late Hiromu Naruse... the test driver for the ill fated Lexus LFA that crashed in Germany
talks about the Altezza there .... good read...

Last edited:

fast

Known Member
May 19, 2005
PJ
Ford TDCI is also a car that can be classified as a best car in the category segment car now....
a very pleasent drive in every aspect .... from one of my friend car....
too bad price a bit >>>>>>

zealless

Known Member
May 19, 2005
Melbourne / KL
Hi guys, i plan to upgrade myself after drive 10 years of proton wira.
My budget is 80k and below. I found my dream car (stated above) are in this range.
New Inspira 1.8(manual)
2007 Civic (1.8)
10 years old Altezza

i really need u guys opinions. thanks
It depends, is this your first sports car. For starter, always ask them to get a FF civic, light weight and hell lots of fun.

If you want to upgrade to a pure sport from your old FF car, altezza is the baby. Other than is a heavy piece of metal, the other things are all right, engine is 3SGE, reliable a lots of parts in the market.

Insprira ? come on ... you must be joking. :banghead:

xuang26

Known Member
Sep 28, 2010
Selangor
Hi zealless, thanks for ur opinions.
If go for 07'/06 civic, the interest rate for loan quite high compare to inspira is 2.33 rate. Maintenance for civic should be ok but inspira now they have raya promotion is 5 years maintenance free. Means that i no need to worry about maintenance cost.
For the Tezza, i really wish to own her. Even all zth members are strongly recommend this bby. But hard to get a ok one. Coz found that alots owner of Tezza very love thier bby and very hard to let go thier bby. For me, daily ride every day 70km and every 2 mth will ride from KL - Kedah - KL, the fuel consumption for ron97 will be a burden also. Maintenance less worry after all tezza members share thier knowledge, now just worry about tezza 's drinking only.

jdm_jdm

Known Member
Feb 24, 2009
Penang
If I am you, in this price range: I will buy ... (4 doors ... since u mentioned all the 4 doors car in the list)
1) Honda Accord CL7 Euro R
2) C200k
3) Evo 7.5 ( tapi fuel charge a bit high )
4) Mazda 6 2.3 Antenza

The above cars got performance and look!

bushidofang

'(00) Lurker
Helmet Clan
Jun 1, 2006
Anywhere
One full tank of the 'Tezza can get you between 400-550km for mixed driving. :) Maybe more if you travel a lot on highways. It really all depends on your right foot!

And yes, you can add octane booster and use RON95 without problems. A bottle of good octane booster will cost you around RM20-25.

AE111_SEG

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2005
Putra Heights
My 6MT 520km on full tank 60litres.
Mix driving town and highway and occasionally hitting redline 8,300rpm.:rofl:

For me this is ok... and I run on ron97......if drive like a girl then can get more.....

if you really worried by fuel consumption then get a civic cos this is GT car...
It is hard to keep the rpm below 3,000. You foot will get heavier and put a smile on your face....ha ha ha...

Last edited:
Jul 12, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
dude,inspira just way to far away to be considered and tken as your 1st sport car.
drop it from your list laa.
if i were you,i'd take altezza of course.
civic is way too common nowaday

xuang26

Known Member
Sep 28, 2010
Selangor
How about this accord 2.0 years 04/05, i found the price is around 65-75k.
Anyone drive this accord. Can share out ur experience. Get this 04 accord better than 07 civic?

Attachments

zealless

Known Member
May 19, 2005
Melbourne / KL
Hi zealless, thanks for ur opinions.
If go for 07'/06 civic, the interest rate for loan quite high compare to inspira is 2.33 rate. Maintenance for civic should be ok but inspira now they have raya promotion is 5 years maintenance free. Means that i no need to worry about maintenance cost.
For the Tezza, i really wish to own her. Even all zth members are strongly recommend this bby. But hard to get a ok one. Coz found that alots owner of Tezza very love thier bby and very hard to let go thier bby. For me, daily ride every day 70km and every 2 mth will ride from KL - Kedah - KL, the fuel consumption for ron97 will be a burden also. Maintenance less worry after all tezza members share thier knowledge, now just worry about tezza 's drinking only.
It depends what you really want, a sport car or a daily sedan.
Inspira is no where near a sport car, you can't really compare it with a altezza
if economy is your main concern, then altezza shouldn't even be in the list.

Well if fuel cost is a problem, you should seriously consider a suzuki swift as a starter. for fun and $

I don't know why you are pumping RON 97, because you only gain few BHP, it doesn't really matter isn't it, if you occasionally go to a track day, then only you buy 97, or racing fuel 100+. Seriously dude, you do not need 97 for your engine, those turbo engine are diff, or those hi rev type R engine.

watch this, none of the car above really benefit from 97
YouTube - ‪5th Gear - High Octane Fuels‬‏

xuang26

Known Member
Sep 28, 2010
Selangor
Hi zealless, sorry suzuki swift not my taste, too small for me, i looking for 4 door sedan with sporty look.
About the Tezza, why ron97? coz i read alots from tezza club threads...most members encourage to use 97, not adviseable to use 95.

zealless

Known Member
May 19, 2005
Melbourne / KL
Hi zealless, sorry suzuki swift not my taste, too small for me, i looking for 4 door sedan with sporty look.
About the Tezza, why ron97? coz i read alots from tezza club threads...most members encourage to use 97, not adviseable to use 95.
well, you have to understand, sporty look doesn't mean it is a sport car, diff thing.
if you want a daily car, civic and inspira will work best for you,

if you want a sport car, those are not a sports car, you can modify it, but it defeat the purpose doesn't it.

I ran my old toyota celica ST202, with RON 94 in australia, no problem with the 3SGE engine. not the beams one.

well of course RON97 is better, but if you are using for daily drive, well technically do not need 97, if you rev your engine like mad and tune it up, yes you need 97. but you sounds like you want to enjoy a sport car and save fuel guy, so 95 works for you.

Pros and cons: you need balance it up
3SGE is consider high compression engine, to reduce the knocking, 97 is best, but 95 should do the job if you are not pulling all the juice from the engine. those members are pulling 110% out of the engine, so is very diff.

hopes my comment help :nurse:

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
Xuang26,

I have been following your thread cos im in the dilema of buying car too. Wish you all the best man!

p/s: Hot from oven, Proton insider info, the production for inspira will be stopped due to not meeting the sales expectation.
something i need to seek yr clarification...Proton stopping the production for inspira? are u sure? sales is no good....heard they are selling 1500 units per month and monthly production just increased to about 1600 units per month.....
which insider info u get from, i am curios cos the inspira QC is actually checked and audited by engineer from mitsu - direct from japan.....Proton has commitment on the numbers to produce and the quality wise, must meet up to Mitsu's expectation...i read this in paper...maybe i am wrong but i dont think Proton being so naive to bluff in paper.....anyway back to the topic...

looking at budget

a used altezza - rm70k to rm80k
a used civic 1.8 & 2.0 - rm75k to rm100k
a new civic 1.8 & 2.0 - rm118k & rm128k (3years warranty - 100,000km)
a new inspira 1.8 & 2.0 - rm79k to rm92k (5years warranty - 175,000km with 5 years free maintenance - 100,000km) & special interest rate of 2.33% p.a.

looking at performance

altezza - fun and sporty drive but must look into resale and maintenance (wear & tear)
civic - too common and popular model - good resale and easy to maintain - fair driving pleasure
inspira - good offers, fun to drive, suitable for daily use & value for money

just my 2cents...cheerz:rofl::rofl::rofl:

---------- Post added at 01:59 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:56 AM ----------

07/06 civic i saw the price around 78-80k, anyone got idea how's the inetrest rate for the used civic?
interest rate depends on bank and yr documents....it varies from bank to bank
usually around 3.5 to 5%

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hello guys, I need your help to source out me some parts. I want to send them to my country.
1- 3SGTE ST-205 ECU
2- 3SGTE ST-205 MAP Sensor
3- 3SGTE ST-205 MAT Sensor
4- 3SGTE ST-205 Igniter
5- 4G69 Mivec Complete Engine, ECU, Sensors, Wiring and Gearbox.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience