New Inspira, 07' civic or 00' Altezza which one better?

mines998

1,000 RPM
Dec 1, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Seem Altezza having a good reputation..... If can get 2 doors Altezza that is classic.....

mines998

1,000 RPM
Dec 1, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
DanzEterna said:
there is no such thing as immitation, inspira is inspira, lancer GT is lancer GT, both share the same platform pls dun make a fuss ya :rofl:
Cannot say immitation but can call it mutation?
Inspira - > Lancer GT - > Lancer EVO10 ... Lol

---------- Post added at 02:53 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:49 PM ----------

I think the ori Evo10 owner will sad to heard this...
Wow! Bro where you convert yr inspira to Evo10 it look like ori...banghead!

karl_razlie

500 RPM
Apr 25, 2005
Puchong
wait till the inspira boy put in EVO-X engine then sure double bang head...better get scooby...no replica, no non turbo version in malaysia...

G221

Over 10,000 RPM!
Jan 15, 2004
KL
i think we are slightly out of topic now. :biggrin:
He's looking for a daily drive car, with comfort & performance...and 3 of the cars in the list are N/A. So let's not bring the topic into Turbo as there's a lot of Turbo cars in the market within his budget but I'm sure, again; he's looking for N/A with some fun. :biggrin:

I own an Altezza, so let's not be bias on this. For me, u can find comfort in it + good performance in terms of hp and torque. It's my daily drive car too. Spare parts are easy to find and not that expensive (affordable). The Tezza owners are friendly too and like to poison each other.

As for Inspira, I've never driven one, but driven a Lancer GT. Comfort is there, performance wise, not bad..but if u've driven a more powerful car, then u won't look at this car. Handling is not as good. Adjustable suspension upgrade will be good. Maybe Inspira with the Ride & Handling by Lotus is better. You might want to look at a used Lancer GT with 1++ year warranty or more left. better value for money than Inspira and resale value will be better compared to Proton (not saying that Proton is not good - just the nature of the resale value).

As for Civic, the performance of the 1.8 is almost the same as Lancer GT minus around 10hp+-. Handling is better, comfort is there too, but there will be a new version of Civic coming and this version (FD) will be outdated. Parts will be easy to find, performance parts as well.

test drive will be a good idea. i don't think u care much on the fuel consumption, resale value, years of the car, etc if u really like it..

Happy shopping for a new car!!

Last edited:

xuang26

Known Member
Sep 28, 2010
Selangor
hi G221, thanks for ur valueanle info and suggestion.
May i know how long u use ur Tezza alrdy? Ur Tezza is drink Ron 97 or 95? i read alots threads from Tezza clubs found that got alots members complaint that after using ron95, thier car performance bcome weak. If long time run in 95 engine wil kaput. Issit true?

---------- Post added at 04:50 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:42 PM ----------

i love civic(FD2) also. Wish to own it. But my neighbour just bought new one last week. My next next house also own a civic, opposite also got civic. Can say that my lorong around 20 houses got 16 house own a civic. Like that very sien lor. So, turn my mind to inspira or Tezza now.

Last edited:

AE111_SEG

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2005
Putra Heights
Not sure about other recon cars but finding new and used parts for altezza is no issue....

New parts can get from ST Auto or Wing Hin. They will order for u if no stock......

If you want to be adventurous you can buy from Yahoo auction. Few of our members bid online
for rare parts.
If you go down to singapore u can buy some altezza parts which is common to IS200.

G221

Over 10,000 RPM!
Jan 15, 2004
KL
hi G221, thanks for ur valueanle info and suggestion.
May i know how long u use ur Tezza alrdy? Ur Tezza is drink Ron 97 or 95? i read alots threads from Tezza clubs found that got alots members complaint that after using ron95, thier car performance bcome weak. If long time run in 95 engine wil kaput. Issit true?

---------- Post added at 04:50 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:42 PM ----------
xuang26,
my car is 13 years old. Been using it for 3 years now. was an A/T, converted to M/T. Apart from the major conversion to M/T because of the 'kong' auto gearbox (12yrs old auto), i only replaced few wear and tear parts (normal).

My Tezza drinks Ron97. used 95 before. it's ok, only that u will feel a bit sluggish and less power. u can use Ron95 and add the octane booster. Some of our members are doing it and it went well. In long time run, not sure, might need to overhaul/replace some engine parts...might be ok if u r taking care of the engine well. Even if dun take care of the engine will kaput as well no matter what Ron u r putting in.

iswara204

500 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
Xuang26,

I have been following your thread cos im in the dilema of buying car too. Wish you all the best man!

p/s: Hot from oven, Proton insider info, the production for inspira will be stopped due to not meeting the sales expectation.

xuang26

Known Member
Sep 28, 2010
Selangor
thank AE111_SEG for ur info.
Thanks G221 for what u baby drink :)

Hi iswara204 ,what car u plan to buy? Ur hot news issit true? Actually i wait for the discount. Lasttime my brother bought waja during raya time, they got provide 5k rebate and good interest rate. But now the inspira latest promo is 5 years warranty and 5 years free maintenance and 2.33 interest rate.
I really not undertand what they means 5 years free maintence lor. I ever ask a friend. He said that everything is free during the service including the syntethic oil. Issit true?

AE111_SEG

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2005
Putra Heights
Toyota Altezza - Autoworld Forum

more discussion here......spend some time reading... 2 pages only ... alot of valuable info

The late Hiromu Naruse... the test driver for the ill fated Lexus LFA that crashed in Germany
talks about the Altezza there .... good read...

Last edited:

fast

Known Member
May 19, 2005
PJ
Ford TDCI is also a car that can be classified as a best car in the category segment car now....
a very pleasent drive in every aspect .... from one of my friend car....
too bad price a bit >>>>>>

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi guys,

I lost my beloved car. It is a black Wira mod to 4G93t. Was stolen at PJ, but someone spotted it the next day in Shah Alam.

It was last seen driving from Kesas towards Banting.

The thieves changed the number plate to BEX 7046 (from TS 135).

Please call me at 012-2162-nine-zero-seven, reward of RM1,000 will be given if it leads to successful retrieval of car or capture of thieves (police report has been made).

Thanks!
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience