MSD 6AL + MSD Power Coil VS Ultra MDi

There's a lot more to learn which these things dont "show" on forums and by book reading.

yes i do agree with that... try n error oso one of the way to learn sthing...
but if always error.... hailat wooooo.... haha

V8_nutter said:
Why do you want bigger spark ??:confused_smile: How extreme is your engine ? are you running 13.5 > compression,,,are you boosting 2.2 bar ? Dont be conned by advertisement,,,only race cars need MSD plus the other "overkill" products. If you're running on stock compression, no need these products.

I am running on stock compression only. I hear ppls say the ignition stuff can gain better response, then i bought the MSD 6AL + MSD Power Coil. After i bought the stuff, my friend told me Ultra MDi can gain 7 ~ 9 HP in stock B16A engine. That y i am asking all honda sifu's comment.

Yiloong said:
I am running on stock compression only. I hear ppls say the ignition stuff can gain better response, then i bought the MSD 6AL + MSD Power Coil. After i bought the stuff, my friend told me Ultra MDi can gain 7 ~ 9 HP in stock B16A engine. That y i am asking all honda sifu's comment.

Careful though to much spark can lean out your engine and reduce it's lifespan.

OIC... too much spark can lean out our engine.. how about we use management to increase our fuel???

hattech-v said:
loong, test fix it first n see how the result... if u not satisfy with it just letme know... hehe

I also want to fix. but i still can't get the special distributor cap with extra one plug cable hole. Do u know where can get it????

Yiloong said:
OIC... too much spark can lean out our engine.. how about we use management to increase our fuel???

Your engine will loss power, cause air volume is still the same:regular_smile: get it ?

Last edited:
Try KSP or SS Racing. Not sure if they want to sell it separately.

Let us know the dyno results before and after.

Well someone has to be a guinea pig :p

Yiloong said:
I also want to fix. but i still can't get the special distributor cap with extra one plug cable hole. Do u know where can get it????

V8_nutter said:
Your engine will loss power, cause air volume is still the same:regular_smile: get it ?
please school me on this (more spark, leaner combustion). i have different understanding..

V8_nutter said:

icic... how about install a bigger throttle body and increase fuel volume???

currently i am using stock ITR throttle body and ITR intake manifold. do i need to bore the tb or change spoon/aftermarket tb???

J101 said:
Try KSP or SS Racing. Not sure if they want to sell it separately.

Let us know the dyno results before and after.

Well someone has to be a guinea pig :p

Thanks for u info.

Yiloong said:
icic... how about install a bigger throttle body and increase fuel volume???

currently i am using stock ITR throttle body and ITR intake manifold. do i need to bore the tb or change spoon/aftermarket tb???

Yeah that will help a bit.

zaki said:
please school me on this (more spark, leaner combustion). i have different understanding..

It's up to different tuner,,perhaps your way/style is different than mine:shades_smile:

V8_nutter said:
It's up to different tuner,,perhaps your way/style is different than mine:shades_smile:

different way/style but common goal = more power = gila kuasa :regular_smile:

hattech-v said:
whats is ur understanding?

when the AIR & FUEL burn, it will produce CO2, Water & Energy (& some other poisonous gases). the AIR & FUEL need some energy to start burning that is heat energy. Now, there is some minimum amount of energy needed to start the whole process. IF the energy is below the requirement, air - fuel combustion won't take place. (This is what happen when you get misfires)
When the energy is sufficient enough, the mixture will burn. The mixture will burn at a fixed rate. The flame rate won't be affected by the energy created by spark. The only that can affect the burn rate is the air fuel ratio.
As what V8 said, if you have a high compression, high boost turbo or high RPM (10,000RPM) engine, u might need one of those (MSD bla bla bla).
Why you need those thing? When you r running on high compression/high boost, it is harder to produce spark. The air itself is like a resistor to the spark plug. more dense = more resistance.
If you see there is a `GAIN' in hp when putting the coil `enhancer', there might be something wrong with your ignition system. You have just `RECOVERED' the power.

hattech-v said:
meaning coil enhancer only for sick engine? am i rite?

nope, it's only needed when you have misfires (not because you have faulty spark plug or spark cable) due to extremely high engine compression or high boosting boosting engine or high RPM. as long as the engine doesn't misfire, you don't really need that.
you can put those coil on standard engine and from my reading, the engine will have better response on part throttle but WOT will just be the same.

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom