mivec engine?

1_891849398l.jpg

hi guys

this is mine,plan to skim head + metal gasket and pnp.
any recommended shop in jb?
running with safc only
i wudnt go for head skimming, i highly suggest to opt for a thinner gasket. get more power from tuning instead of too high a compression

---------- Post added at 10:01 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:59 PM ----------

dat 1 using dynojet...try dyno dynamic,,confirm drop..hehe
hehe, it doesnt drop sir, dats the real figure imo..

after tune he go to try dyno dynamic at the next day got 150whp....:proud: then u say leh?
he retune it up on the dynamics? if coming down from the dynojet and up dynamics, i can confirm it wudnt be the same. weve seen a minimum of 70hp drop when tuned up a dynojet, and then tested on d dynamics. weve even tested one of the most powerful vtec turbro around, and lets just say the difference is approx 300hp on paper between these said dynos sir.

yupe2...alot of differnt when using dynojet n dyno dynamics...so pepal claim at dynojet they hav dis huge figure, all of a sudden try dyno at dyno dynamcis there owner confirm heart broken....hahaha....confirm nt da same....4 me i prefer dyno dynamics... ;)

any diff if dynoed at 3rd or 4th gear? which one will get higher reading or will it be same?

..dyno dynamic is load dyno (good during tuning), does the load still activateed during free dyno run (for HP sampling)....

AFAIK dastek also load dyno but the load will be deactivated during HP sampling and the reading was converted to BHP (correct me if im wrong)

about dynojet all i know is, it is an inertia dyno

can someone explain about this

any diff if dynoed at 3rd or 4th gear? which one will get higher reading or will it be same?

..dyno dynamic is load dyno (good during tuning), does the load still activateed during free dyno run (for HP sampling)....

AFAIK dastek also load dyno but the load will be deactivated during HP sampling and the reading was converted to BHP (correct me if im wrong)

about dynojet all i know is, it is an inertia dyno

can someone explain about this
the load is gonna be there sir, always, dont worry.. the machine can even simulate hill climbs, level surface, which the dynojet cant do. u can decrease the load, but the calculation translated on paper is gonna be the same, i dont wanna dive into dat, complicated calculation.

there will be a different in reading between 3rd and 4th gear, a tuner shud use d gear dat is closest to 1:1 ratio.

(edit) i just got what u mean sir, the dyno dynamics also has an unloaded mode, but the dyno is fully loaded when tuning, and when a dyno run is being done. at least ive never seen joshua make a run in dat mode, not needed imo..

Last edited:
he retune it up on the dynamics? if coming down from the dynojet and up dynamics, i can confirm it wudnt be the same. weve seen a minimum of 70hp drop when tuned up a dynojet, and then tested on d dynamics. weve even tested one of the most powerful vtec turbro around, and lets just say the difference is approx 300hp on paper between these said dynos sir.

he not retune sir...jz wanna try how many hp difference between dynojet n dynamic...coz he hear ppl say dynojet more heavy....

and the hp reading was the same? dynojet's atmospheric value can be corrected, maybe it was set at 0%? wow, i never tot i wud finally see the day a dynojet gives out the correct reading, lol

and the hp reading was the same? dynojet's atmospheric value can be corrected, maybe it was set at 0%? wow, i never tot i wud finally see the day a dynojet gives out the correct reading, lol

dynojet 148whp....dynamic 150whp....

dynojet 148whp....dynamic 150whp....
dats a very unique case if i ever heard one, good for him. i wud like to see more of cases like this, interesting..

---------- Post added at 03:59 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:51 PM ----------

can u post d dyno graph up sir?

dats a very unique case if i ever heard one, good for him. i wud like to see more of cases like this, interesting..

---------- Post added at 03:59 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:51 PM ----------

can u post d dyno graph up sir?

the dynamic graph forgot take last time.....jz keep dynojet only....

if u can pm me his plate number, i can go check from joshua, no problem sir. i can post it up for u if u dont mind, tq sir

i also thought that dyno dynamics give lower wheel horsepower reading compared to dynojet?? hmmm... hope someone can clarify this.

i also thought that dyno dynamics give lower wheel horsepower reading compared to dynojet?? hmmm... hope someone can clarify this.
so far, dat has always been true sir.. dat doesnt mean i will hold dat as the only fact, iam willing to change my opinion on d subject matter if there is any proof / evidence. its an interesting subject

yup2...bcz ma tuner also said dat dynodynamics more heavier thn dynojet...bcz he do tuning n many cases of drop hp reading...

yup2...bcz ma tuner also said dat dynodynamics more heavier thn dynojet...bcz he do tuning n many cases of drop hp reading...
it doesnt drop sir, dats the real power translated to the ground.. its interesting in this particular case, did he tuned it up before testing it on the dynamics sir? usually 2hp isnt a big for me, but dats 2 hp more on the dynamics which make it very interesting..

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom