Engine Conversation. Full halfcut ? Engine only ?

Norns

Known Member
Hi all.

Im having some dilemma and heache over engine conversion. Im thinkin to transplant to either 4G91 or 4G92 Mivec.
I've been googled around and learn more about engine stuff, but still have sumthin not sure. :Not_Impressed:

AFAIK,

4G15 = 1.3cc original proton
4G91 = 1.5cc
4G92 = 1.6 Mivec ( very powerful )
4G92 = 1.6 non mivec

1) What is DOHC and SOHC ? and is the 4G92 non mivec and 4G91 origin from proton with proton logo crafted.

2) As i know, halfcut mean everything in engine bay + dashboard + some additional parts. is it right ?
I notice halfcut for 4G91 about rm3k, and 4G92 mivec around rm6.5k.
But if just engine itself, only rm1.3~rm1.6k only ... is it right ?

3) Should i do just engine conversion instead of halfcut ? Is it compatible if i just change the engine only ?

4) What is engine kosong, engine block and engine head ? Some ppl sell it seperately which im also blur @@

5) Im thinkin of just change the engine to Mivec 4G92, and is the engine including all engine parts ??? I just wan the real power from 4G92 Mivec, dashboard all i can ignore for now lol ...

Btw, im driving satria 1.3 (m) efi ... everything ori except clutch is 1.6 :shades_smile:

Hope to get advice from all you guys ... ; )

1st... for your info...4g15 is 1.5 single cam not 1.3, if 1.3 its 4g13....

the defination of DOHC and SOHC is the power...
DOHC means u have 2 cam and SOCH onli have 1 cam...
so.. use 1 hammer to hit the nail or use 2 hammer to hit 2nail inorder to make i chair, which is faster?? all i can say is better respond and higher torque...

Potong onli have 4g93 that is 1.8 SOHC or DOHC and 4g92 tht is 1.6 single cam (onli single cam in potong) .Japan also using it but i think near 70% been cut liao...
Normally they will rojak 4g9x series together to gain more power coz mitsubishi have this advantage that all same series can mix up together...that y chop shop got a lot of seperate parts sell...

For your question... recommended to use half cut as the wiring, ecu and all the sensor will be in there...
if u buy part by part to put it in not to say can not... but u will be in deep shit if there is a tiny problem incured...

Somemore for your 4g13 can not rojak with 4g92 mivec...
it is can say an angel with a normal ant...how to compete and mix up together?? I also dun knoe how to describe it...
What i can say u can not start your car if u use mivec engine with your ori wiring...
Good Luck...

Last edited:
tumpang thread ...

how much is it for mivec ori wiring ??

its hard to get approval from big brotha nowadays for conversion *sigh* unless you have strong cable :)

if 1.3 - 1.6 i think no problem..better do it by your self not used r runner...
if find runner must spend more $$$..isn't it!

if unsure slowly survey n asking

good luck in ur convertion bro

lolz
the runner case forget it first lor.

@mag9556
Actualy its adviceable to use back all ORI mivec part issit ?

Well, i did some search again and i saw some MIVEC 4G92 engine + Mivec wiring + ECU is just rm1700. Is it a reasonable price ?

Cos compare to whole halfcut its too expensiv ... so i just convert the engine part with all the neccesary changes lor. others optional like dashboard and bla bla can slowly hehe.

all expert, anyone can clear me up on my enquiry on first post ? need advice from all ...

Hi all.

Im having some dilemma and heache over engine conversion. Im thinkin to transplant to either 4G91 or 4G92 Mivec.
I've been googled around and learn more about engine stuff, but still have sumthin not sure. :Not_Impressed:

AFAIK,

4G15 = 1.3cc original proton
4G91 = 1.5cc
4G92 = 1.6 Mivec ( very powerful )
4G92 = 1.6 non mivec

1) What is DOHC and SOHC ? and is the 4G92 non mivec and 4G91 origin from proton with proton logo crafted.

2) As i know, halfcut mean everything in engine bay + dashboard + some additional parts. is it right ?
I notice halfcut for 4G91 about rm3k, and 4G92 mivec around rm6.5k.
But if just engine itself, only rm1.3~rm1.6k only ... is it right ?

3) Should i do just engine conversion instead of halfcut ? Is it compatible if i just change the engine only ?

4) What is engine kosong, engine block and engine head ? Some ppl sell it seperately which im also blur @@

5) Im thinkin of just change the engine to Mivec 4G92, and is the engine including all engine parts ??? I just wan the real power from 4G92 Mivec, dashboard all i can ignore for now lol ...

Btw, im driving satria 1.3 (m) efi ... everything ori except clutch is 1.6 :shades_smile:

Hope to get advice from all you guys ... ; )
4g13 sohc = 1.3 proton (saga/wira/satria)
4g15 sohc = 1.5 proton (saga/wira/satria)
4g18 sohc = 1.6 proton (waja)
4g91 dohc = 1.5 mitsu
4g92 sohc = 1.6 proton (wira/satria)
4g92 dohc non-mivec = 1.6 mitsu
4g92 dohc mivec = 1.6 mitsu
4g93 dohc = 1.8 proton/mitsu (satria gti/putra/wira LE)
4g93 sohc = 1.8 mitsu
4g93t dohc = 1.8 mitsu gsr

1) SOHC = single overhead camshaft
DOHC = double overhead camshaft
4g92 mivec n 4g91 is ori from mitsu... dun have proton logo....

2) halfcut means engine, wiring, ecu, gearbox, driveshaft, dashboard, fuel tank (not sure), fuel pump (not sure), front brakes, front bodyparts....
engine cost the most ler... bodypart cost few hundred only lar....

3) depends on u.. mostly ppl will get the halfcut coz complete kit... u dun have to worry for leftout stuff such as fuel pump, ecu, wiring, driveshaft, gearbox, bla bla bla.... brakes upgrade also available if u buy the halfcut (coz most probably will be included)....
but if ur mech got lubang get cheaper stuff for u and ur total cost addeds up cheaper than buying halfcut, by all means go ahead and get the engine only....

4) engine kosong means block n head only.... wiring, ecu all dun have... intake n exhaust manifold not sure got or not...

5) if wanna change to 4g92 mivec, make sure everything includes wiring, ecu, gearbox and so on are upgraded.... means u cant use 4g15 gearbox on 4g92 mivec or normal ecu on 4g92 mivec.... talk to ur mech, i'm sure he knows what he i doing....

lolz
Well, i did some search again and i saw some MIVEC 4G92 engine + Mivec wiring + ECU is just rm1700. Is it a reasonable price ?

Cos compare to whole halfcut its too expensiv ... so i just convert the engine part with all the neccesary changes lor. others optional like dashboard and bla bla can slowly hehe.
1.7 for everything so cheap??... hmm.... well, second hand stuff depends on seller who set the price.... if u lucky enough to get a mivec everything for jz 1.7k, go ahead.....

bro well one more thing if its cheap beware as it may be faulthy !!!

and bro jpj is being very uneasy with engine conversions nowadays so u beta go and check b4 u purchase on the rules and regulations bro......

personally if u ask me for ur 1.3 engine upgrade i would suggest u go for

1. mitsu 4g91 dohc halfcut....
2. mitsu 4g92 dohc mivec halfcut....recomended

this 2 are the best for ur car frame and chassis.....by da way if u take the 4g92 dohc mivec halfcut...u can change the looks of ur car 2 with the mivec bodyparts thts usually just plug and play for satria...looks much more beta thn potong front 4 sure......so wad ever u decide good luck but pls do ur homework with our great JPJ !!

TAKE CARE

I think u should learn more about cars first before u do anything... now u so clueless, very easily kena potong.

yea man.. if wanna do transplant better do it 1600 above.. since u gt 2 'deal' with the jpj also...
btw... 1.6 v6 nt berat meh??? zzainudin, bro.. u using 1.6 v6?

No la RedD..4G92 Twin cam (Non-Mivec) only..
just suggestion to him maa...4G91/92/6A10/4G61/61T..to many choices..hehehe

yea... too many choices.. im thinking to do transplat too.. but mebbie c c look look think think hard n harder 1st... =p

yaa.. it's depend to u laa bro..some ppl wanna easy work,
that day me oso wanna go for high cc but dont wan got problem with our authorities (Jpj) so just follow the rules maa...hehehe

lolz
the runner case forget it first lor.

@mag9556
Actualy its adviceable to use back all ORI mivec part issit ?

all expert, anyone can clear me up on my enquiry on first post ? need advice from all ...

If u have a project in ur mind that wanna to make some rojak...U can try to find it saparately and if u really wanna to use it at ori.. recommended to buy halfcut...
there is a lot of things that u dun know whn u buy in saparate parts...

As wht i knoe that market do sell 1.7k for the parts that u mention but its mivec MD...u will feel very very sad at it...better check it propery b4 u want to buy...

1.6 V6 also have but FC...hoho... u will crazy and cant wait to got to petrol station...
good luck...

tq a lot all expert ...

skywalker, u really clear me up on all these engine types adi hehe. make me much more understand.
mag9556, whats the mivec MD ? As i know mivec only got 1 type which is 4G92 rite ?

Im just looking for a normal mivec with everything in good condition lol.

Btw, im just wondering, since halfcut everything is mivec ori ... how if someone intend to mod again later ?
Just like proton ori, after sometime sure ppl will get itchy n mod parts to aftermarket rite ....

or maybe is there just certain part that must use ori mivec ??

better get halfcut coz when u buy halfcut, everything was there n just need to transplant to ur car, mivec also quite sensitif on wiring, once not expert one rojak2, no mivec open lor..

if not mistaken, there are 3 types of mivec dohc 1.6
MD - running 2 pistons on normal drive n 4 pistons when mivec on, very gud FC but spare part quite hard to get
Silver top - normal mivec
Black top - RS type (racing spec), rpm 10k, manual aircond panel n known as champion of mivec, hehe..

correct me if wrong.. if u know vtec, dat is mivec for mitsi..

yup, i'll go for full mivec. Just wondering if later or sooner after transplant, i wanna upgrade some parts again .... then it'll be engine rojak ? @@
bcos i dun think so most of us gonna stick with everything ori till the end rite ...

y feel very sad if get MD le ? since very good fc hehe ....

Btw any mivec sure would increase much fc compare to my 4G13 rite ? cos higher cc = less fc

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom