Life is such a bore without a conviction....

KrisMas

Known Member
Apr 1, 2008
Here's me back in the early '09, taking the 1st leap.

The recipe:

Cooking.....

half-backed

phew...lucky me....

even luckier....

even...even...luckier....

after compounding...

finishing the rest of the panel....

closer....

closer....

Damn...still got a little bit more of those blasted OP....well...I think I can live with that.....

Notice the difference....??

yeah....not much...but it'll do for now.

Get new ones la....they're spoilt already....!!!

Sun Test.....

pass....

Moon test....

Can't see anything??? Me too......:banghead::banghead:

Break time for some commercials...eyes felt a little sore...use eye-mo la....

If you want a permanent solution, go visit your nearest optician....

Forward 1 1/2 year (took your own sweet time didn't you)....back to my Waja again....getting more courageous (or stupid)...

Still using that crappy hp camera eh you old fart...??!!!

By the way, on a serious note, that's how it look when you're sanding using a sanding disc. In this case I was using the 3M Perfect It discs. They look like you've just compounded the surface using a dirty old wool pad with corn starch......

Now that's more like it......

Did I hear somebody ask what make-up I used?

Mix the content of the tiny bottle with the content of the big bottle and you'd get something in between...something with the word 'glass' ON it, but not IN it. Don't get it? Me too :banghead::banghead:

I think my roof is leaking again....

and for heaven's sake get a proper phone will you!!!! Or at least a camera. You're embarrasing me

I'll have that...that...that and that please. Where did you say you're from? I don't think you're from around here, aren't you??

How about a family picture now....SMILE.....

...and another one....say CHEESE....

...and another one....say BOORRIIINNGGG......

NOT AGAIN....Don't you have anything else to show....

So....the journey continues. PLEASE DON'T ASK ME TO WET SAND THIS ONE CUZ I'M NOT GROWING ANY YOUNGER YOU KNOW!!! By the way...nice bow tie you got there....

Ok. Now that's around...what...maybe 1/2 hour of your time and 3 years of my time wasted just to maintain a clean car right? WRONG!!!

HAPPY NOW...????

HELL YEAAHHH...!!!!

p.s. and to those asking why am I posting all the old pics again and again and are already bored with them and asking when will this old fart show some of his more recent details?? Let me tell you this: "I haven't bought myself a camera yet laaaaa....!!!"

Oh...and this is NOT me.....

ShowTime

Known Member
Jun 3, 2011
KL

An invitation to your house scares me! Look at the amount of those 1 gallon bottles. Degreaser FX/Super Degreaser/Wheel Brightener should be inside there somewhere! Don't your wife and kids complaint about it?

KrisMas

Known Member
Apr 1, 2008
My wife only complains when she saw me washing my car while her car is dirty; and my kids complains only when they see I foam the car but didn't pull the pool out or foam them together with the car......HAHAHAHA....It's just a matter of human nature/psychology - people will complain if/when there are something they're not satisfied with.

After so many years together....they've come to welcome and accept that I like to do things myself (DIY) and when I do something, I'm serious in doing them. Detailing is just one them.

---------- Post added at 11:40 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:36 PM ----------

So, to me (and most probably some other enthusiasts as well), there's a whole world of detailing products to explore out there and sticking with one single brand or just a few basic products IS A BORE...........

ShowTime

Known Member
Jun 3, 2011
KL
I was wondering whether do you also store a jar of chemical in the fridge? Say... Swissvax?

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
You have a serious array of products there Krismas. That's a fun thing to experiment with al those products but not for the average joe like me! I can only stick to what I've experienced is good. And from time to time, just for the sake of easing the itch, try new products when I have some money :rofl:

KrisMas

Known Member
Apr 1, 2008
You have a serious array of products there Krismas. That's a fun thing to experiment with al those products but not for the average joe like me! I can only stick to what I've experienced is good. And from time to time, just for the sake of easing the itch, try new products when I have some money :rofl:
Thanks. But mind you I started getting this 'serious' (as in crazy) only since '02 ~ '03, so it actually took me quite a few years to fill that cabinet. So it's not really anything fancy about it.

KrisMas you old fart. I'm sure you should have an updated pic of some of your newer stuff :-P
Not really. Did you read my p.s........hehehe.....Anyway, spring cleaning coming soon, so maybe I'll borrow a camera to just keep track of things and I'm sure I'd find some spiders in there....hahahaha.....

---------- Post added at 09:16 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:12 AM ----------

I was wondering whether do you also store a jar of chemical in the fridge? Say... Swissvax?
Nothing in the fridge exept those that are safe for human consumption....:rofl:

A wise 'old man' advice to me about the swissvax, if it's not Crystal Rock, don't even bother. My piggy bank hasn't got enough money in it for that yet.

jonlsl

Jun 18, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
A wise 'old man' advice to me about the swissvax, if it's not Crystal Rock, don't even bother. My piggy bank hasn't got enough money in it for that yet.
Crystal Rock is £795!!! I agree with krismas life is a bore when only sticking to 1 brand (is it wrong to stick with 1 brand? No. Is it bad to stick with 1 brand? No). But you will be missing out on other experiences that other brands could give. Its fun and enjoyable when you find something new and try it out.

Another example is that we all love Malaysia, many great diving sites and clear water with great shopping and excellent food. Is malaysia good? Yes. Do you love malaysia? Yes. Does Malaysia serve your needs? Yes. But is malaysia the only country in the world which is good? No. Are there cons about malaysia? Yes. Could malaysia be better? Yes.

Isn't it great when you take a holiday and visit other countries and visit their natural sites and experience their public transport and go to Atlanta Disneyland, Universal studios, skiing, experience their food, experience the crisp clean air of Fuji Mountain, sit in the world's fastest meglev train (that was crap by the way, Bullet train slightly slower but so much more comfortable) etc etc.

So to stick with 1 brand just limits your exposure and experience. Is that wrong? No. Is it perfectly fine to do that? Yes. Its also fully understandable that people cannot afford to experience other things just like its a privilege for the poor to even get a seat in airasia and fly (now everybody can fly).

Just like some dumb close minded americans think that USA is "the whole world". When they step out they are so surprised that the "whole world" is not like USA and that rest of us don't think and do things like them.

Its good that optimum tries to have less products to get the job done. Its good for noobies and it puts in less confusion. But the disadvantage is that by doing so you will be limiting the performance and needs of the Pro detailer and Pro level enthusiast. That is why megs has the OTC stuff and the Pro range. Same with a few other bands which do the same. The needs of the pro detailer is most obvious when it comes to polishing agents. Polishing is such a great art and science. To get a flawless and I mean FLAWLESS finish is so difficult. What makes it worse is that you have single stage, 2K (solvent based, water based, high and low solids clear) and ceramic paints, factory water based acrylic paints to deal with. Not to mention different conditions of paint. For this reason alone a pro level detailer needs all the different pads and polishes to get the job done.

To limit yourself to 1 brand is a choice and to try other brands is also a choice. Both are right and none are wrong. But what is wrong is when people start to say that a particular brand is the best. Its ok to say brand X makes the best polish, or brand A makes the best OPC but to say brand x is the best in everything is just naive.

Many people which stick to a brand start to believe that there is nothing else better out there and their comments and tone of voice start to communicate it but it might not be their intention to do so.

So be open to learn and experience but be cautious of over hyped marketing (which is prevalent in the detaling industry).

eohl79

Known Member
Jun 12, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Bro KrisMas with that amount of booty in your cabinet and what others may have, maybe we should have an individual thread here (and pray there no thread lockdown...) to discuss about the various chemicals in use for detailing.
1. Degreasers/APC
2. Shampoo, rinseless, waterless wash
3. Sealants/Wax
4. Polishes/Compounds
5. Pads, machines, etc

One thing for sure things like sealants/wax are subjective and also can get people all riled up. This is from my experience trying somebody's array of homebrew wax of various formulations. Sometimes it is not just all about durability... the "feel" is abstract. Mike Philips once said three things that can get people all riled up: "Politics", "Religion" and "Wax".
R & D Question for Mike Phillips or other Meguiar's Technical People
"Find something you like and use it often" - Auto Geek Online Auto Detailing Forum

Oh yeah Showtime since there is a thread lock down before I could share any info on DG UO as an APC/degreaser for wheel cleaning, it is paint safe as verified from Duragloss (and also my own test on my car panels) but at the same time they did recommend me to try some of their other products :confused: Well DG have more products to target specific uses rather than that of Optimum and some other brands.

Yes, it would be safe but we make a bug & tar remover just for that purpose. Our part #471.
Thank you

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Monday, June 18, 2012 11:18 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Enquiry XXXYYYZZZ

Is DG ultimate orange safe for use on paint surface (clear coat and single stage) - cleaning up bugs, oil, soil, etc?

jonlsl

Jun 18, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Oh yeah Showtime since there is a thread lock down before I could share any info on DG UO as an APC/degreaser for wheel cleaning, it is paint safe as verified from Duragloss (and also my own test on my car panels) but at the same time they did recommend me to try some of their other products :confused: Well DG have more products to target specific uses rather than that of Optimum and some other brands.
I have their DG 581 Black Streak Remover. have to play around with the dilution ration depending on how durable you wax or sealant is. But in you have OC2.0 then its easy just spray and wash.

ShowTime

Known Member
Jun 3, 2011
KL
Bro KrisMas with that amount of booty in your cabinet and what others may have, maybe we should have an individual thread here (and pray there no thread lockdown...) to discuss about the various chemicals in use for detailing.
1. Degreasers/APC
3. Sealants/Wax
4. Polishes/Compounds
5. Pads, machines, etc

One thing for sure things like sealants/wax are subjective and also can get people all riled up. This is from my experience trying somebody's array of homebrew wax of various formulations. Sometimes it is not just all about durability... the "feel" is abstract. Mike Philips once said three things that can get people all riled up: "Politics", "Religion" and "Wax".
R & D Question for Mike Phillips or other Meguiar's Technical People
"Find something you like and use it often" - Auto Geek Online Auto Detailing Forum

Thanks for helping me to find out. I'm basically an enthusiast who doesn't want his home to turn into a workshop/warehouse/testing facility...etc. If a product that can do both exterior&interior of the vehicle+paint then it would be good. That's why I moved to OPT from Meguiar's. OPT products the way it works suit my purpose and lifestyle. Fast, most are environment friendly(water based with no petroleum)affordable & simple(less products I need to keep).

Just to share with you what OPT products that I have in my collection & these are the only ones I currently using... Optimum Hyper Polish, Optimum Power Clean/Alien Clean, Optimum Car Wax/Alien Wax, Optimum Instant Detailer as a gloss booster(can also be used on exterior and glass) and touch up for light dust, Opti Clean(exterior+interior+glass) touch up for light to medium dirt, Optimum Car Wash, Optimum No Rinse(rinseless wash,quick detailer,clay lube, used to clean interior with it but I moved to Opti Clean for that purpose)...

Seech/KC didn't brain wash me to stick with OPT products but I find it troublesome to KEEP so many products in my storeroom. Last time I use to use applicator pads but now I don't use them anymore while waxing. Save time washing too.

KrisMas

Known Member
Apr 1, 2008
1. Degreasers/APC
3. Sealants/Wax
4. Polishes/Compounds
5. Pads, machines, etc
I have no problem with that, and to be courteous, I'll just remind myself to have a little reservation and show a little respect towards Meguiars as I think (if I'm not mistaken) they are a paying sponsor or something of this detailing section. Would love some valuble and constructive technical discussions as oppose to just shooting blanks.

ShowTime

Known Member
Jun 3, 2011
KL
I have no problem with that, and to be courteous, I'll just remind myself to have a little reservation and show a little respect towards Meguiars as I think (if I'm not mistaken) they are a paying sponsor or something of this detailing section. Would love some valuble and constructive technical discussions as oppose to just shooting blanks.
Krismas,

Appreciate if you look through http://www.zerotohundred.com/newforums/car-detailing-forums/410790-my-journey-from-using-meguiars-to-optimum-polymer-technologies.html why am I so angry. I don't have a tree in my house that grows $$$.

jonlsl

Jun 18, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Yah, that was what i though when I first came here. How come they allow Optimum to so much lee-way when megs sponsors ZTH. Lagi big a$$ top banner. If there was a big Optimum top banner then understood lah but its the other way round leh. If I was megs boss I'll be pissed. I'm not getting my money's worth. Or did I get it wrong? Correct me if I'm wrong.

ShowTime

Known Member
Jun 3, 2011
KL
I'm not violating any forum rules! I'm a customer that uses his own hard-earned money for products. Meguiar's should come and defend it themselves if they want instead of planning to delete my post or ban me from ZTH.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

HI guys and sifu's

i would like to change's my stock VR4 i/c piping to a fully stainless steel piping and this is my question.

1. is it true that ssteel i/c piping flow better than a stock?

2. how many inches that most realibility for my i/c piping.

3. how much it cost?

sory bro im just a newbee here...maybe it's a basic question but it really mean much to me... thanxxxxxxxx
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience