Lets talk about Intercooler here

normality78

3,000 RPM
Recently i've read up some articles, found out a good IC SHOULD not only lower down the temp but also to improve flow which shld be the factor if we ever wanna change it.

However the articles also did some dyno test with a few various IC, Ebay IC, thier own local country made IC and branded one. I was suprise to know that in majority of the IC does lowered the intake temp however the flow rate drop which result lower hp rating. The articles did mentioned lowering the air temp is important as its to prevent detonation which result enable higher boost but also at the same time the flow should not be neglect out which majority does.

SO what are the key element in choosing the IC? Bar, Plate, Fin? With more and more local intercooler manufacture is popping out, what do you guys think of those IC quality?

Having used Evo7 IC selling around RM900 onwards, its very contracting with some aftermarket performance IC for an example Apexi Hybrid IC which can be get around RM700 onwards as well. But which would you preffered?

That also explains why stock OEM Mitsubishi ICs are very much sought after because majority of those cheap large ICs (usually from China or Thailand) do not flow well.

I do noted that generally, almost all normal local BOT like to use Mitsu IC but does Mitsu stock IC really that good? I mean there are many others stock turbo ride do comes with thier own IC like Rx7, Supra and so on but why only Mitsu? My guess is the size was just nice.

Probably due to size and also Mitsu's specialty which is turbo-charging (they do make turbo-chargers after all).

i have tried various ICs on my car, namely stock 61t, vr4, evo3, supra and infinite evo3 size.

based on butt feel, evo3 OEM intercooler is fastest(feel most power). but currently i'm using infinite evo3 size, as it looks damn fierce. makes the car have an evil look.

if u ask me, evo3 is the best IC i tried.

p/s i did not do any flow test, IAT logging comparison etc etc.

currently my IAT using infinite IC, normal cruising is 33-35 deg C, while on full 1.6bar boost, max is 45 deg C.
dunno about efficiency but that's the data i have from my logs

SUpra 1J I/C is quote good.

Plus it has stealthy look.

Fren of mine had it on his car.

Alot of his victims did'nt even know wat hit them.

A good intercooler is able to cool down temp. of compressed air and minimise drop in pressure of the compressed air.

Having used Evo7 IC selling around RM900 onwards, its very contracting with some aftermarket performance IC for an example Apexi Hybrid IC which can be get around RM700 onwards

Apexi i/c for RM700++?!?!

Last I checked, VR4 i/c RM450~550.

EVO3 i/c RM650~750.

I've used both. I vouch for the EVO3.

E3-IC1.jpg

E3-IC.jpg

Last edited:
No idea about the size and price of EVO4 i/c.

RM850 and 700++ is a big difference I think.

ANd the link you posted , it has no APEXI i/c pic in it.

You now boosting more than 1 bar on your BOT adi?

yeah boosting 1 bar now.... dun have meh the link i post? whahaha. maybe posted the wrong link. paiseh....

THe link leads to some other I/C pics but no Apexi i/C pic in it.

ANyway, if RM850 for the Vector fin type Apexi i/C, its VERY GOOD price indeed.

Oledi 1 bar, wah! nowadays so many power BOTs. susah mau cari makan.

Last edited:
Sir joeker,

If for you to choose between apexi hybrid and Evo3 IC, which would you go for?

whahahaha, what kind of makan? dun forget, mine was auto tranny

If we are talking about the same vector fin Apexi intercooler, its too big for you I think.

THe lag will be terrible and power band will be very narrow.

The vector fin Apexi I/C which I'm talking about is the same one KSP's boss using on his R33.

guys... u forgot about the weight.
those cap ayam china made so called Bar & Plate looks nice.. but their weight is really heavy compared to the aluminum type made by Mitsubishi...

Top Bottom