i've installed my avant garde oledi!

menghua84

Feb 15, 2004
skudai/ perak
guys i just installed my avant garde comp n my 2 amps today.. costs me a bomb from it.. those RCA cables.. damn expensive.. 2 RCA cables for input oledi costs me around 100 d.. or is it the normal price of it? sorry for my foolishness.. haha.. then all together.. with all the cables n workmanship... holy cow.. almost rm500 oledi.. my god.. :(

the boss keep on saying that i spent too much on the comp set.. he can get me a alfa linear comp set which is much powerful n better than the avant garde... alfa linear... anyone heard of it? good? n he keep on asking me to install a preamp for the system.. which i remember tat this comp set dun need any preamp to power it..

funny thing is tat after installed the comp set he din mention a thing about the comp again..
keep saying my sub sucks onli.. haha

clawhammer

Mar 8, 2004
RCA's costs quite a bit and of course, you wouldn't want to use something too cheap also :D

hybridR

Sep 20, 2004
erm..i did mine around the same price also..
2amp n the same comp set... but mine slightly cheaper

P

PrinceHamsap

btw ... RM500 ...
how much they charge for workmanship ler ?
i was being offered RM400 for installation with 2 Monster RCA Cable x 5 meter length

normality78

is like that one la. if u install his stuff, thn u go other installer, he will say another thing. whahahaha. tak habis habis....!!!

yohannes

Sep 13, 2004
NZX/Kelana Jaya
alfa linear components when compared to avant grade , = rubbish. haha. dont say im spoiling other ppls stuf but because i myself used these components before.anyway alfa linear components are okay if u want to put it in ur boot for open boot blasting , as the tweeters are rather sharp sounding.Perhaps they can handle more power than the valeraines , im not really sure , but SQ wise , definitely a nono with alfa linear...but , if u play techno and stuff , alfa linears alright

menghua84

Feb 15, 2004
skudai/ perak
like tat ar.. i still think the price is sky high for the workmanship n all wirings.. sigh... nvr tot so expensive 1... total of 2 long input RCA cables.. 4 short ones i think.. workmanship they charge was rm100.. oh ya.. installed a fuse at the main battery also

menghua84

Feb 15, 2004
skudai/ perak
Originally posted by yohannes@Mar 2 2005, 18:56
alfa linear components when compared to avant grade , = rubbish. haha. dont say im spoiling other ppls stuf but because i myself used these components before.anyway alfa linear components are okay if u want to put it in ur boot for open boot blasting , as the tweeters are rather sharp sounding.Perhaps they can handle more power than the valeraines , im not really sure , but SQ wise , definitely a nono with alfa linear...but , if u play techno and stuff , alfa linears alright
the boss like to cha kei 1 i suppose.. SPL.. i rather hav better sound quality cos dun cha a lot 1..

Bert

Muddy Delta
mmm.. if 2 5m cables to boot = at least 100.. if 2M will be abt 50+...

MDF rings for the doors will be abt 30-50.

If no cablign for hte amp, then thats another 1-200. Speaker cables?

Rest is labour.

Yong_5290

hotmail.com
muta F@@Cker #$%#%^$%....siow 1 oii...i didnt my flooe board n redo all my wiring in mega sound onli rm 400+...n yes...4 all speaker cable...avantgarde valaraine compare 2 alfa linier???sure they will tell u tis...u buy stuuf from them...they will tell u its good...4 xample...i show installer my kicker comp 12"...he told me mohawk orange will be better...i i just listen 2 his crap n then say next time lah bro...chioz from there...

menghua84

Feb 15, 2004
skudai/ perak
meaning i'm being conned then... sigh..

btw i'm goin to find him tmr... something wrong with the installation i guess.. everytime i off my air con my tweeters got "pop!" sound.. damn it.. anyone know y?

Yong_5290

hotmail.com
at least still ok...the installer i went 2 install my avantgarde doesnt even know how 2 wire the active-over tat comes wit it...n i'm the 1 who tell him wat 2 do...sigh...

menghua84

Feb 15, 2004
skudai/ perak
Originally posted by menghua84@Mar 2 2005, 19:06
meaning i'm being conned then... sigh..

btw i'm goin to find him tmr... something wrong with the installation i guess.. everytime i off my air con my tweeters got "pop!" sound.. damn it.. anyone know y?
anyone can tell me wat's the problem?

Yong_5290

hotmail.com
sumthings wrong wit the wiring...sure...last time when i horn also got this 'pop' sound

Yong_5290

hotmail.com
yup...i was so angry wit tat sound...at the same time...i wanted 2 put all my amp in the boot...so i went 2 megasound...redo all my wiring....
n then did all the floor board nicely wit carpet....n it cost me onli rm 400+...satisfied...

Single pot on my car seems not adequate to my liking. It doesn't give a more than enough confident braking experience. So I decided to search for a more capable brake system.
First hunt, one workshop nearby quoted me RM750 for a front set Eterna TT twin pot, I was stunned. Hell, I felt like an idiot. He really didn't know we are living in the internet age. He claimed it was the cheapest in town some more. wth!
So I called up my friend. A week later he called back informing he had just...