Irritating chirping Sounds...

type_one

Known Member
Are any of you experiencing or have previously encountered noise (like crickets chirping) coming from your engine bay?..more specifically from the belts..(fan belts, pulleys, etc..) I think mine comes from the a/c pulley belt, as the noise started after i changed from stock to lightweight pulley.. i've tried using wd40, rubber grease, fan belt spray, even tooth paste... but the noise ALWAYS comes back after a day or two.. (btw, the tooth paste works the best..) is there any other way to remedy this? Or is it due to inferior quality belts? I'm sure everybody would want their exhaust to be heard rather chirping....help! thanks..

a lot of reasons when belts whine (if that sound is indeed belt whine.. I'm just assuming.)

could be.. loose pulleys, pulley not aligned properly, belt too tight/loose, etc. etc.

Easier.. send to shop and have them find out, if you're not mechanically inclined.

Yup, you've assumed right.. belt whine, if thats what u call it.. every mech/foreman i go to says its normal lah, can't help it wan lah.. so i thought might as well try to look for a solution myself.. anyways, thanks..

Just don't spray WD-40 on it or any similar stuff.. It's bad for the belt... most rubberrised compounds tend to strectch when you spray with oil.. sometimes that action might be the cause of the sound.

If it's the pulleys on the bearings... maybe the mechanic think it'll be too much work... sometimes it is, if the bearing/pulley in question is hard to reach.. which mean that they want you to wait until really kantoi then changelah..

shiroitenshi said:
Just don't spray WD-40 on it or any similar stuff.. It's bad for the belt... most rubberrised compounds tend to strectch when you spray with oil.. sometimes that action might be the cause of the sound.

If it's the pulleys on the bearings... maybe the mechanic think it'll be too much work... sometimes it is, if the bearing/pulley in question is hard to reach.. which mean that they want you to wait until really kantoi then changelah..

wahahaha...just like what my mechanic said... if it aint broken dun fix it... just live with the sound then..

hehee.. i can't remember.. think it was darlie, but the gel type.. hehehe..
i ain't kidding it really did work, albeit only for a couple of days.. i came across that idea somewhere on the internet.. on one of those american auto forums..
at least your engine bay smells fresh like that...

type_one said:
hehee.. i can't remember.. think it was darlie, but the gel type.. hehehe..
i ain't kidding it really did work, albeit only for a couple of days.. i came across that idea somewhere on the internet.. on one of those american auto forums..
at least your engine bay smells fresh like that...

serious aaa? like that enjin pun kena gosok gigi.. kekekkee

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom