4age belt noise!!

dustbin

Known Member
Dec 12, 2006
HI guys!!

I've just changed my Crank pulley to a Aluminum after market used one on to my 4AGE blacktop, and had all the belts changed as well, ,,the thing is, everytime i jump into my car and drive it for about 5 minutes or so, my belts starts to make this horrible squeaking noise. tried tightening it and lubing it up with abit of silicone spray, helped for about 2 days,,,after that the nosie started to return...aggghh
seeking help!!

thanks!!

Adeen

2,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2006
kl
if u just changed the belts....
u need to retighten it a few times to make the belt kembang i think...
this is what my friend told me one time...
dunno if it's true or not....

dustbin

Known Member
Dec 12, 2006
i've tighten twice oready,haha, maybe i'll tightne it again, hope i dont over tighten it, might damage the belt..
thanks bro!!

Adeen

2,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2006
kl
ya la....same as my uncles 4agze...
3 times tighten already....still making noise...
must tighten again...

dustbin

Known Member
Dec 12, 2006
i just tightened it again yesterday, was making hell of a noise...and the sounds coming from the crank to the air-cond to power steering pump belt, alternator belt is quiet though..couldnt resist in putting abit of wax on it,,helped allot in gettign rid of the noise immediately..haha, didnt wanna tightne so much, cuz dont know watz the elasticity of belts..takut putus....=(
will have to wait and see if the squeaking noise returns or not, problme still pending....

sexycar

4,000 RPM
Feb 10, 2004
©ït¥ ðf Thïêvê§
Visit site
never ever change your factory crank pulley. The full internals weighting & balance of the engine are done during prototyping of an engine. Every major rotating part from clutch end to crank shaft, rods, etc to crank pulley end are weighted & balance to a certain degree. There are also harmonic balancer on the factory crank pulley. This topic is exhaustive to explain & i suggest you do some research on the net to understand well.
Never ever trust after market crank pulleys that has harmonic balancer on it unless it is from a very-very reputable company. The whole process of balancing an engine from end to end is done with a running engine & only engine manufacturers which has high end equipment can to do that.What we hear from so called tuning workshop's 'engine balancing' are just refinements to the weighting & balancing of the parts & not a proper engine production prototyping procedure.
By the way.. the blacktop is a refined, factory balanced & lightened engine if u didnt know. U also need to understand on the material used on a crank pulley... why it doesnt slip when u are on stock pulley? I suggest u throw that 'crappy-so-called-more-pickup-lighten-crank-pulley-made-to-destroy-your-crankshaft-with-constant-slippage-piece-of-rubbish' out of your car at once

iz282

4,000 RPM
Apr 6, 2007
never ever change your factory crank pulley. The full internals weighting & balance of the engine are done during prototyping of an engine. Every major rotating part from clutch end to crank shaft, rods, etc to crank pulley end are weighted & balance to a certain degree. There are also harmonic balancer on the factory crank pulley. This topic is exhaustive to explain & i suggest you do some research on the net to understand well.
Never ever trust after market crank pulleys that has harmonic balancer on it unless it is from a very-very reputable company. The whole process of balancing an engine from end to end is done with a running engine & only engine manufacturers which has high end equipment can to do that.What we hear from so called tuning workshop's 'engine balancing' are just refinements to the weighting & balancing of the parts & not a proper engine production prototyping procedure.
By the way.. the blacktop is a refined, factory balanced & lightened engine if u didnt know. U also need to understand on the material used on a crank pulley... why it doesnt slip when u are on stock pulley? I suggest u throw that 'crappy-so-called-more-pickup-lighten-crank-pulley-made-to-destroy-your-crankshaft-with-constant-slippage-piece-of-rubbish' out of your car at once
Detailed explained SeXy.. :top:

dustbin

Known Member
Dec 12, 2006
well man thanks for the lesson in pulley and harmonics, still doesnt solve the problem =), and the sound is only coming from one side of the pulley,not both belts , but not that it matters, thanks for the engine lightening and balancing fundamentals..

Adeen

2,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2006
kl
still not solved ka the problem>..?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I have been using Bardhal Fully Synthetic 5W40 for the second time with no Bardhal 1.

Satisfied so far until 5k km. Drip out dark fluid, rarely high rev.
Smooth and very light, 5W30 is priced the same too
But it will feel a bit heavy when I'm nearing 5K km.
Izso suggested it was cleaning the engine, I had second thought that the oil is burnt. :banghead:

Reason is, it is RM90-RM100 and I can get free oil filter along...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience