importing in a GTR 34 from japan

originally rm200.but with some bribe maybe more?hehe:_:.its not easy to get the AP for decent ppl like us.unless u hv very strong cable with grey importer n someone in MITI.

how much in real life? :) rm 200 the whole malaysia everybody driving bmw skyline evo

welcome to malaysia!

that could be the actual cost, but undertable in malaysia overrides EVERYTHING

hehe

i was also thinking of bringing back one rare car, but since there is actually no known (bank) market value for it, so how?
how do they tax some one?

anyone knows? basically we buy the car then how much xtra besides rm 200 must pay to get ap and registration all this? :)

any guys know the exact procedure or have done it before? hee hee thanks guys

the thing is how much is the ap alone?

sori guys..
the amount RM200 mentioned earlier was the fees to apply for AP or what?..:confused:

AP only should set u back bout 35k-40k++ cash..(private sale,numsayin' jellybean?..)
even some depends on what type of car you wanna bring in..
dunno what's the 'latest market' now coz it ain't easy to get..
I suggest if its the GTR you wanted,just get it from here..no biggie..
or if you have no luck at all gettin' one on sale,order from the recond car dealers...

besides ap wat else must pay? i thinking of getting a slight accident (dent) gtr and bring her lah.

besides ap wat else must pay? i thinking of getting a slight accident (dent) gtr and bring her lah.

cars on japs auction are categorised in classes..
slight dent,interior condition,mileage,year of make etc...
slightly dented can also be considered in Class A,subsequently more pricey...
most of cars brought in Malaysia are Class A and B fyi...

I heard yesterday from my fren an AP cost around RM50 000++ nowadays....

that also depends on what car you wanna bring in...
the owner of AP has got to know coz its under his/her name..
if its a Ferrari for example,that amount could easily doubled..
:burnout:

Import tax and execise duty, transportation fee and bribes.... Your car would be a lot more expensive than 2nd hand car dealer..... If it's cheaper, why didn't you ever heard others bringing in themselves, even Tan Sris and Datos??? A myth indeed..

Arsenalboi, you have been discussing this topic for a long time, why don't start acquiring AP first???

how does one go about securing an ap? sorry ah i haven't done anything so complicated before lah.

Knew some salesman, ask how they get it....... Miti won't layan you that's for sure becos APs are reserved for car dealers and Miti's cronies, unless you have student AP or work in oversea.....

1. Conditions that need to be fulfilled to qualify for Import License of a private motor vehicle:
1. Residing overseas legally for a period of not less than one (1) year. Vehicle must be registered under the applicant's name for a period of not less than nine (9) months. Vehicle must be insured under the applicant's name for a period of not less than nine (9) months.
2. Applicant must has a valid driving license. A learner/temporary driving license is not acceptable.
3. Returned to Malaysia permanently
1. How to Apply:
Applicant must submit the Application Form together with a copy of supporting documents as follows:
1. International Passport and Working or Studying Visa overseas
2. Identity card
3. Letter of job termination or completion of study
4. Certified Driving License
5. Approval letter to study from the sponsor of the scholarship or loan
6. Certificate of Registration of the Vehicle overseas.
7. Insurance Certificate of the Vehicle overseas.
8. Purchase Invoice of the Vehicle overseas.
9. Complete and typed Customs Form JK6
Note: The applicant will be interviewed and should bring along the original documents for checking and verification purposes.

Completed application must be submitted to:

Ministry of International Trade & Industry (MITI)
Trade Services Department
Second Floor,Block 10
Government Offices Complex, Jalan Duta
50622 Kuala Lumpur
Tel.: 03-6203 3022
Fax.: 03-6201 3012

Hope that this helps..

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience