Importing car from France

EddyHyip

Oct 2, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
I am going to be posted to work at Paris for 2 years.
Is it possible for me to purchase a used car from UK and re-register it in France, and when I am about to return to Malaysia, I ship it back.

Has anyone done this before?

I have read about MITI requirements but not as specific on countries... but i presume they are all classified as Europe area rather than per country (regulated under EU for trade?)

Who can i consult on this?

Am planning to get a used E-class coupe or C-class coupe there.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Should be same as students studying overseas. Last time, I heard must own the car for at least 6 months, then apply for AP to bring back. Maybe you can check directly with MITI?
On another note, the car from Europe, okay to use here. Not sure if the ones imported from there have been climatized for use here?

dwade

Jul 10, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Only the student is illegible for the personal AP. In your case, I doubt MITI can issue you any AP. There is also AP for the Malaysians that have been working for quite sometime in oversea, under Brain Drain scheme, but not applicable in your case I assume.

The basic rules is that you must own the car for at least 9 months, in addition, the car need to be insured under your name, and the latest requirement i heard they want you to have a valid driving license from the country that you are residing. Plenty of case of AP misuse cause the MITI to enforce such tight enforcement

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

how would you reckon that a car which can speed up double of an average car but being thrased just like any other cars on the road

when we was asked to do some stone chips touch up, we nearly faint seeing how badly this was thrashed so called detailer - and regularly wash by them as well

severe marring and swirls

swirls...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience