hydraulic clutch pump

rabakshoe

May 14, 2005
im juz curius
fitting in a 1.5 hydraulic clutch pump in a 1.6liter engine does it effect anything ?
its look almost the the same like the 1.6 hydraulic pump but smaller a bit ..
thanks !

wont be able to supply enough pressure for ur clutch pump.... result, sometimes u wont be able to release ur clutch from flywheel...

Maxx

Feb 17, 2005
PD-Putrajaya-KL
i think no problem. maybe abit heavy pedal feel coz of smaller pump.
clutch freeplay n clutch release should be adjusted properly for smooth clutching n gear change.

if using normal 1.6 clutch i think less problem la... unless if u use racing clutch den abit more problem... as i said hard to disengage clutch...

clutch pump works similarly like clutch cable... it disengages the clutch from flywheel when clutch pedal is depressed... if clutch pump not strong enough, it wont be able to disengage the clutch from flywheel...

rabakshoe

May 14, 2005
well yesterday i kinda felt kind hard to engage when i was stuck in a jemm ..
need to change back to my 1.6/1.8 pump back soon ..
as for nomal drivin its kinda ok .. but kinda not feelin the feedback bite from the clutch if i tried to engage the gear swiftly..
neway im changin my clutch soon .. so better change the pump back to a 1.6/1.8 as well for better responce ..

neway thanks for all your responce .. :itsme:

ouh i ask the spare part shop .. they said dat 1.6 and 1.8 share the same pump ! issit true ? so changin to a 1.8 should give a better pressure respond when changin the gear lah ?

BananaBoyz

May 22, 2007
or go to chop shop take evo,s pump

security.admin

Feb 12, 2008
i use perdana clutch pump...result = super light clutch pedal.lighter than kancil.

starscream

Aug 18, 2007
will a perdana clutch pump substitute the stiffness of a racing clutch?

Maxx

Feb 17, 2005
PD-Putrajaya-KL
maybe a better alternative. coz perdana more bigger pump. less effort to disengage clutch.

security.admin

Feb 12, 2008
hehe...not sure the effect on racing clutch.sorry.maybe can...plus, perdana clutch pump can be adjust for long or short clutch feel.

starscream

Aug 18, 2007
hehe...not sure the effect on racing clutch.sorry.maybe can...plus, perdana clutch pump can be adjust for long or short clutch feel.
I changed my clutch recently, my mech asked me if i would like a exedy racing clutch which i replied asking if it will be stiff, logically he says yes, so i went for a standard one as i drive during my work quite often & stuck in a jam. I also change my clutch pump as it is leaking already and it come with a adjustable bolt for long or short, he says you need to adjust it as the clutch plate wears.

Hi guys, as topic states my coilovers need a rebuild. So far only place that rebuilds hypermax 2 that I've been able to find is Garage R in Singapore.

Suggestions?