• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

evo4g63

500 RPM
May 29, 2004
PJ
www.zerotohundred.com
si|verfish said:
Tell me about it. It is these people that make me wanna get an old Hilux as a second car. Cut in and out of lanes like an idiot, I'll bash your car. Tailgate, I'll brake hard and introduce you to the back of a Hilux. What fun.
try to get a nissan diesel truck..... can introduce larger backside

btw when i was 18y/olds i still need to ride bus ... now 18 y/o oredi drive car sigh

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
go powerzone enquire lo... they expert in increasing NA cars performance...
so fast change engine meh??... ur engine still can jalan mah... wait till kong adi oni change lo...

ok, back to off topic discussion... now P driver also vr ganas on road ohh, same like me last time... coz they are ambitious mah, wanna be Raikonnen (no more MSchumacher liao)... but being ambitious and having proper skill is not the same thing... u might be champion in NFSU2 but on road, u are nothing...
most proper driving lessons are learned from experience... driving school only teach u how a car works and how to operate them... now u 18+, i'm sure u dont have much driving experience (even though u claim u are good at NFSU)... learn to drive on a smaller hp car, coz easier to control ma... later got experience only change to more powerful car lo... why in hurry wanna drive nice nice powerful car??.. 1.3L car cannot jalan ar??...

psyk

Known Member
Feb 22, 2005
spend so much make car fast fast.. cannot control car properly.. also die fast fast..

Dino@Casper

May 13, 2005
P.J
Dudes... Lets just help him anwer his question.. his dad might be interested in the little powerboost right?!!.. so lets just help him out n stop arguing about all this P license...

et5828

1,500 RPM
Sep 13, 2004
Visit site
u guys shoot too many answer liao
let him do the reply 1st
hahaha

Zeroed

1,500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
Kopi said:
driving skills develop thru time, even if u have the natural ability to drive. the skills is not how u manoeuvre ur car, but how u think when ur driving. This is not the thing that come just by blinking your eye. The right intuition that tells you if the corner is safe at so so speed, the road condition, the traffic situation, etc etc factor.

that's why there is a method called 'on the job training'. Driving is one of it.
simon said:
all those know-how, concentration , ethics & so on that u mentioned only develops with years of driving experience under different circumstances......it doesn't just come like that in an instant right......good skills cannot develope overnite , its needs a lot of practise & experience of driving ......

good skills are needed to handle speed , if not a person may just loose control of the vehicle while speeding even on good roads !!!!!

effective braking technics has to be learned if not more than often you may end up skidding yr car......not all cars got ABS :)

there is a lot more to driving than just what we think........

I beg to differ... if a person has an interest in driving, and concentrates on developing his driving skills, I believe one can become adept in normal driving within one year. Contradictorily if a person drives in a laidback attitude for 20 years without paying attention to his driving at all, he might not even achieve the skills necessary to drive at higher speeds.

Accident is a different thing altogether. It really depends on the individual's ability to keep calm and think logically in an emergency, a 35 year old might panic and crash his car just like an 18 year old driver in emergencies.

Keep in mind that its *normal driving* in a more powerful car that Im talking about, not taking corners using perfect racing lines like race drivers. Those no doubt come with experience la. For normal driving one year is plenty of time IMO.

Of course chances of P drivers having less skills are MUCH higher, but Im basically saying that (in my defense also, Im still a P mah) P drivers do not necessary have poorer skills than full-fledged drivers... if you give a 10 year experience driver a high powered car, it doesnt mean that he'll have the skills to handle the car right?

So to say " want a 1.8? complete your P first " is pretty unfair in my opinion. My biased opinion only la, I may be wrong. :)

BTW: NFSU is CRAP. Even GT4 is only half-realistic, one of the more realistic games would be F355 challenge with all the assists off.

Edit: Oh by the way. with so much information on driving techniques and etc on the internet now, its not really learning by yourself anymore. Learning with all the information in the world and by yourself is completely different.

Last edited:

azhartestad

Known Member
May 6, 2005
soo i can sum it all up here, when turning in a junction...use your SIGNALS!!, they are there for a reason!!!

Hock

Known Member
Nov 15, 2003
Zeroed said:
I beg to differ... if a person has an interest in driving, and concentrates on developing his driving skills, I believe one can become adept in normal driving within one year. Contradictorily if a person drives in a laidback attitude for 20 years without paying attention to his driving at all, he might not even achieve the skills necessary to drive at higher speeds.

Accident is a different thing altogether. It really depends on the individual's ability to keep calm and think logically in an emergency, a 35 year old might panic and crash his car just like an 18 year old driver in emergencies.

Keep in mind that its *normal driving* in a more powerful car that Im talking about, not taking corners using perfect racing lines like race drivers. Those no doubt come with experience la. For normal driving one year is plenty of time IMO.

Of course chances of P drivers having less skills are MUCH higher, but Im basically saying that (in my defense also, Im still a P mah) P drivers do not necessary have poorer skills than full-fledged drivers... if you give a 10 year experience driver a high powered car, it doesnt mean that he'll have the skills to handle the car right?

So to say " want a 1.8? complete your P first " is pretty unfair in my opinion. My biased opinion only la, I may be wrong. :)

BTW: NFSU is CRAP. Even GT4 is only half-realistic, one of the more realistic games would be F355 challenge with all the assists off.

Edit: Oh by the way. with so much information on driving techniques and etc on the internet now, its not really learning by yourself anymore. Learning with all the information in the world and by yourself is completely different.
Bro Zeroed,

Good day to you. Yes, I'm agreed with you. We doesn't need to complete the "P" first before we can drive >=1.5 car. But I'm total disagreed with what are you mentioned about 35 years old crash his car to 18 years old driver's car situation. At least at 35 years old, the person can make decision what should he do after the accident. Either pay the lost or report the police. But I can sure that the 18 years old driver will call his parent to get help or cry and say sorry that i don't have money to pay.

What do you think the 18 years old driver have with the experience and the attitude? I'm driving since i'm form 2 without license until I got my driving license when i'm 17th. That time, I'm still not attach to the "P" regulation. I'm admitted that I'm speeding too. With that kind of attitude, I'm alse breaked the rules, speeding, over take the car at double line, dangerous driving and so.....But What i get with that? I end up with accident and my car was total lost. Before the accident, I changed or upgraded my car for 2 times. from Sunny 1.3 to wira 1.5 then converted to 1.6 mivec. Finally end up with accident and lost the car. I'm lucky because I'm not involving others for my false. But I feel very guity for made my parents worry about me. They had to fly back from China once they heared that I'm involved in accident. Starting from that day, I have to report/call my parent where ever I go to tell them that I'm safe and no speeding. They will not sleep until they receive a call from me. FYI, I'm working in KL and my parent staying in Malacca.

I'm not saying that 18th cannot upgrade the car engine CC. What the purpose you upgrade the car engine CC? For speeding? or upgrade your driving skill or make you more egois with the higher CC car? And then you can drive more faster and put yourself and other's life in dangerous. It is too late if you are regret after something happen.

Why not we build up the attitude first before we can drive a high performance car. I'm not saying the persons who driving sport/high performance car not speeding. But they speeding wisely. They will make sure there is no dangerous before speeding. They will not put themself and other in risk of accident.

Franky speaking, if the Malaysian's driver driving with their brain but not attitude, the accident rate will reduce and traffic jam will not not occur in Malaysia road. You can see, everyone keep rushing back home, they never think others as well. keep pushing and pushing and caused the jam or might will causing the accident too. All this kind attitude is build during they all started driving which is when they all got the license. So remember, please drive with your brain and please don't with you attitude.

Regards,

Hock

jaywat

1,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2005
The road system is also the factor la, if not there won't be any jam at the first place.

Ask P license driver to drive a smaller cc car lo, safer, rx-7..

rollakid

4,000 RPM
Nov 9, 2004
Kuching Sarawak
Visit site
wtf.. whats with all this P-licence not P-licence one.. take it to another tread lar.. help the poor topic starter first.

anyway, 1.3 maybe weak, but doesn't mean they don't perform their job. i know i drive an 1.3liter too, but my car is 850kg only.. so, best way to get more speed out of that car is probably use better tires/rims and better suspension and brakes. this is because when you finally need a new engine, all of this have to be changed also.

so instead of going straight to the new and powerful engine, upgrade the suspension and roling stock first, and polish your skill. i know your dad might not need the polishing as much as you do as he probably have more experience in how a car handles, but it will be good for you to learn, and i know most parents will think for their child first.

a powerful engine isn't everything, as power is nothing without control. spend 2-3 year in an underpower car is good learning, you'll find that although with the same power, you can get to your destination faster.

Zeroed

1,500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
Hock said:
Bro Zeroed,

Good day to you. Yes, I'm agreed with you. We doesn't need to complete the "P" first before we can drive >=1.5 car. But I'm total disagreed with what are you mentioned about 35 years old crash his car to 18 years old driver's car situation. At least at 35 years old, the person can make decision what should he do after the accident. Either pay the lost or report the police. But I can sure that the 18 years old driver will call his parent to get help or cry and say sorry that i don't have money to pay.

Hey... I meant keeping calm to avoid accidents in emergency situations (like someone suddenly cutting into your lane), not what to do after getting into an accident la... :D

As for more power, a more powerful car is always nicer to drive. Its for the same reason that seasoned drivers upgrade their cars also what.

In anycase, his money, his car. Its up to him, I agree.
Sorry for misleading the topic. :(

For my contribution on the actual topic, an original 1.3 will have difficulties getting a convertion to a 1.8 and above... but if manageable a 1.8 4G93 has pretty decent power for everyday driving, and the conversion and maintenance is much more affordable compared to turbo charged halfcut engines.

Another option is to get a 1.6 and wait for Gerard's supercharger kit... its forced induction, but feels just like an NA but with a heck load more of low end torque. :) I would expect this to cost much more though.

EvolutionV7

Known Member
Nov 28, 2004
Johor Bahru
zerotohundred.com
Come on la guys...He is just asking for some opinion and wanna get more power with his car engine....

How u all know he want it for racing or he had a bad attitude? So what if he is still a P license? We all also P license holder before.

I m not saying a 1.3 litre engine is nopower...But if his car engine is a old and drive not like a 1.3 car?

I would suggest for 4G91...that would be a good engine for JPJ approval from 1.3 to 1.5.

cyphunk

Known Member
Feb 21, 2004
Penang/Cheras
cyphunk.tripod.com
EvolutionV7 said:
Come on la guys...He is just asking for some opinion and wanna get more power with his car engine....

How u all know he want it for racing or he had a bad attitude? So what if he is still a P license? We all also P license holder before.

I m not saying a 1.3 litre engine is nopower...But if his car engine is a old and drive not like a 1.3 car?

I would suggest for 4G91...that would be a good engine for JPJ approval from 1.3 to 1.5.
1.3......emmm....i think 4G91 is a good choice edi...what EvolutionV7 said was right...today JPJ approval so strict one...1.3 to 1.5 shud be ok...

12oY

Known Member
Nov 9, 2004
kuantan
Visit site
for a newbie just upgrade to 4g15p injection lo now days alot half cut from singapore 2000 yr model 1.... only RM 2000 for a half cut.. if wan power put 4g92 single cam wan like wira 1.6 ... yup if drive carefuly sure no pro 1 .. speeding can but have to c the situation lo not 2 danger lo... if dun learn to manage the car how to improve the driving skill leh...

ambayah

1,000 RPM
Jan 31, 2004
Visit site
WTF is wrong with you guys. :rolleyes: He's asking in manner, want a bit more power for 1.3, the laziest response you can say is search the forums.

My suggestion is go with 4G92/91. If want more power fo with Mivec 1.6. All JPJ approved.

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi there everyone! :wavey: This is the question> Now i am driving a 2002 make of Toyota Camry 2.4V(ACV30) 8 years old plus.... My parents were thinking of getting a new car for themselves as they are now driving a Honda Accord 2005 2.4V. Asking me whether i want to sell away my Camry and drive Accord or what....... According to what i know, the Camry i am driving now is a hot seller in the secondhand market.... I like the feel of the car.... but the age does looks old.....

My main question...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience