how do u determine WHICH to use

fazidk

hi sifus..just crossed my mind rgds to dis subject

how do u actually determine WHICH drive shaft to use?wat are d factors do determine these?

e.g u drive a wira..originally a 1.5..say u converted d engine,say to a 2.0 (vr4 or evo3)..gearbox..say a gsr locked 2 wheel...n ur wheel part is a 4 hole 114.3..

so...do u still use..say..a 1.5 drive shaft?

Jan 3, 2008
bro, depend to what gbox u use and the compatibility of it... if use gsr gbox, just use with it drive shaft back...

---------- Post added at 11:19 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:16 PM ----------

should no problem with wheel part, im using vr4 gbox with it drive shaft, using pcd 100 wheel..

fazidk

thnx bro but cld u claborate or explain bit more?meaning for example if u use gsr gearbox, u use back gsr drive shaft?any other u can use like 1.6 or 1.8 one?bcoz i remember a fren of mine using dis combination but somehow or rather he used a 1.6 (if im x mistaken..or a 1.8) drive shaft

bro, depend to what gbox u use and the compatibility of it... if use gsr gbox, just use with it drive shaft back...

---------- Post added at 11:19 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:16 PM ----------

should no problem with wheel part, im using vr4 gbox with it drive shaft, using pcd 100 wheel..

---------- Post added at 11:44 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:22 PM ----------

ok cool...so wat ur trying to say is i can use a gsr drive shaft in this set up?can i use other drive shafts s mentioned e.g. 1.6 or 1.8 proton?

fazidk

understood bro..just for discussion sake la..so u meaning to say dat wheel hub do NOT determine which shaft to use?just gearbox n type of car rite?

meaning to say in this example..wira 1.5 wiz a 1.8 gsr gearbox, can stil use either (choice) 1.6 (coz i was told 1.5 n 1.6 is same) drive shaft s well s 1.8 gsr shaft (can a normal proton 1.8 nshaft b used s well?

tq sifu skywalker

which driveshaft to use depending on what gearbox u use and what car u driving... nothing to do with wheel hub PCD...

Jan 3, 2008
yup, as long as the drive shaft in same size...

---------- Post added at 07:43 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:40 PM ----------

the only diff is only on the material and the quality of the product

fazidk

thnx bro...so bro 8229, in ur honest opinion which is best to use in dis set combination?

tq all

Jan 3, 2008
its hard to say... im still using drive shaft buy from halfcut shop... maybe im so lucky dont have problem with it, because when u buy from halfcut u wont know how long it have been use, other wise u taken from halfcut that u can see the mileage of the car...

Now a day, many part label as original but its was an imitation part, other wise you buy from proton spare part department...

My advise is, always check your drive shaft cover, if got any crack or torn (koyak), quickly replace it and refill it back with drive shaft grease, it will keep your drive shaft life longer than its rubber cover... if your inner rim got black grease with it, then its should be the drive shaft cover have crack or torn letting the grease freely from lubricating the shaft bearing...

understood bro..just for discussion sake la..so u meaning to say dat wheel hub do NOT determine which shaft to use?just gearbox n type of car rite?

meaning to say in this example..wira 1.5 wiz a 1.8 gsr gearbox, can stil use either (choice) 1.6 (coz i was told 1.5 n 1.6 is same) drive shaft s well s 1.8 gsr shaft (can a normal proton 1.8 nshaft b used s well?

tq sifu skywalker
for the example u quoted... 4g93 engine and gearbox is plug and play to wira... hence, u can use 1.8 driveshaft no problem... plug and play...

problem comes when u have a non-plug and play engine/gearbox... for example, 4g93t into saga iswara.... driveshaft has to be custom made or kacuk'ed...

fazidk

thnx bro skywalker...let me get dis straight..wiz dis combination (vr4 engine wiz 4g93t gearbox) can use proton 1.8 drive shaft?so how u determine whether to use d 1.5/1.6 or 1.8 shaft?mmm if im x mistaken they r differnt rite?

for the example u quoted... 4g93 engine and gearbox is plug and play to wira... hence, u can use 1.8 driveshaft no problem... plug and play...

problem comes when u have a non-plug and play engine/gearbox... for example, 4g93t into saga iswara.... driveshaft has to be custom made or kacuk'ed...

thnx bro skywalker...let me get dis straight..wiz dis combination (vr4 engine wiz 4g93t gearbox) can use proton 1.8 drive shaft?so how u determine whether to use d 1.5/1.6 or 1.8 shaft?mmm if im x mistaken they r differnt rite?
not sure if vr4 engine can kacuk 4g93t gearbox or not... since u using 4g93 gearbox, 1.8 driveshaft should be suitable for u...

fazidk

urmmm nw dat u mentioned it bro..thnks..yes im using vr4 block wiz gsr (4g93t locked 2-wheel ) gearbox...so i can use proton 1.8 wira shaft?

not sure if vr4 engine can kacuk 4g93t gearbox or not... since u using 4g93 gearbox, 1.8 driveshaft should be suitable for u...