Help Sifu!! Calling Out Sifu!! Twinpot Brake Problem

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

dmi3

Known Member
Jul 25, 2006
sifu!! calling out all the sifu out there...
need help on my brake problem ler...
my evo1,2 twinpot brake caliper kept getting jammed...
in 1 year ... i've already service twice bcoz of jammed..
and it happend again recently... this is gonna be the 3rd time in a year....
i'm really damn frustrated on whats causing my brake to constantly get stuck...
FYI... i've serviced the brakes (replacing with new brake kits(not ori))
then change brake oil(Bosch DOT 4)
and everthing was fine ... untill the 1st brake jam happend..
since then i just go to my mech and unjammed it only.. nothing additional done...
and the problem still persist.....
so i need help .. sifu .. can anyone tell me what is the problem with my twinpot brakes.. :((:((:((
sooooo frust ler... seeing my disc brakes overheat like superoverheat in 3long periods....
really need to solve this problem once for all ler... haihzz..
HELP!!!!.... :(:(:(:(

jinkl

4,000 RPM
May 22, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
change good pads
if can , create a thin aluminium plate to be placed between the pad n piston

ealt

2,000 RPM
Dec 16, 2003
bro...once your brake jammed...you need to check your disc brake coz it might winding already....

dmi3

Known Member
Jul 25, 2006
change good pads
if can , create a thin aluminium plate to be placed between the pad n piston
i forgot to mention ... i'm using a good brake pad... EBC black stuff comes with aluminium plate wan

dmi3

Known Member
Jul 25, 2006
bro...once your brake jammed...you need to check your disc brake coz it might winding already....
bro thanks for the advise.. but then if my disc brake might be winding i may feel it when i brake... but my discbrake is perfectly fine as no vibration accure when braking.... haihzz

alantan350

Known Member
Apr 5, 2007
is ur disk brake pump using ori? if not, maybe ur mech didn't change the screw nut on the replace brake pump.

GT_AUTO

3,000 RPM
Oct 25, 2005
K.Trg
www.facebook.com
i think ur problem lies on the piston.usually when the piston is already old,it
rust.that why ur piston won't move back n keep pushing the pad.it stuck.
the only way i know of to repair this problem is ask ur foreman to sand
the piston using sandpaper to remove the rust.lubricate it n re install it back.

dmi3

Known Member
Jul 25, 2006
is ur disk brake pump using ori? if not, maybe ur mech didn't change the screw nut on the replace brake pump.
bro ... i'm using original pump ler..
but then wat do u mean by change screw nut? which nut are u talking about?

dmi3

Known Member
Jul 25, 2006
i think ur problem lies on the piston.usually when the piston is already old,it
rust.that why ur piston won't move back n keep pushing the pad.it stuck.
the only way i know of to repair this problem is ask ur foreman to sand
the piston using sandpaper to remove the rust.lubricate it n re install it back.
hmmm about this .. i personally look at the mechanics taking out the piston .. the brake kit.... the ring inside the piston (part of the brake kit).... and the cylinder....

for me at 1st i saw the piston .. then there were some rust on it but when i ask the mech, he told me tat the rust of that part is top part where the cylinder will not reach that level when the piston is pushed back. so i wonder is tat really true or not lor coz the bottom part and all was smooth and nicely lubricated dy ...
hmmm maybe if it happens again .. i think i really have to sand paper it then hmmmm
thanks SIFU!

dmi3

Known Member
Jul 25, 2006
is there any holdback spring for the piston to retrack after clamping onto the disc??... if yes, is the spring missing??....
spring?? omg there is a spring in repair brake kits???
i really never heard of tat b4 ler...
wat i see from a new set of brake kit is just some rubber hose to put ur piston in , a rubber ring to put inside the cylinder and a steel ring to lock the all of it together....

omg...shud there be a spring in each cylinder of the brakes??

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
spring?? omg there is a spring in repair brake kits???
i really never heard of tat b4 ler...
wat i see from a new set of brake kit is just some rubber hose to put ur piston in , a rubber ring to put inside the cylinder and a steel ring to lock the all of it together....

omg...shud there be a spring in each cylinder of the brakes??
dunno... i hantam only... dunno got spring or not...
coz when brake pump transfer pressure via brake fluid to ur piston calipers to clamp on ur disc, it needs to retract from the disc also rite??... :hmmmm:

Doink

3,000 RPM
Aug 1, 2004
House
Visit site
i think ur piston inside got rust before...so uneven surface will cause the piston not sitting properly in position...

GT_AUTO

3,000 RPM
Oct 25, 2005
K.Trg
www.facebook.com
dunno... i hantam only... dunno got spring or not...
coz when brake pump transfer pressure via brake fluid to ur piston calipers to clamp on ur disc, it needs to retract from the disc also rite??... :hmmmm:
bro sky,there's no spring inside the brake caliper.here's how it works.

Operation: High pressure brake fluid (red) forces the piston out and at the same time forces the whole caliper back to cause both pads to contact the rotor. The caliper "floats" on the caliper pin. When the brakes are releases, the hydraulic pressure drops. The low residual pressure (blue) allows the seal to draw the piston back thus freeing up the rotor and releasing the brakes. The seal twists and deforms when the brakes are applied and it is the recovery from this deformed state which causes the piston and pads to release.

Most systems allow a minimal pad drag even when the brakes are released however. Note that the piston can also slide through the seal providing a self adjusting action to compensate for pad wear.

View attachment 125994

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
bro sky,there's no spring inside the brake caliper.here's how it works.

Operation: High pressure brake fluid (red) forces the piston out and at the same time forces the whole caliper back to cause both pads to contact the rotor. The caliper "floats" on the caliper pin. When the brakes are releases, the hydraulic pressure drops. The low residual pressure (blue) allows the seal to draw the piston back thus freeing up the rotor and releasing the brakes. The seal twists and deforms when the brakes are applied and it is the recovery from this deformed state which causes the piston and pads to release.

Most systems allow a minimal pad drag even when the brakes are released however. Note that the piston can also slide through the seal providing a self adjusting action to compensate for pad wear.

View attachment 125994
oooo... thank u sifoo...:adore: :adore:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hehe..well guys..
i realise today that m,y car is runing in a minimal level of lub. oil and i min is below 'L' ... for at least a week or 2 or mebbe more

well..i never had lub oil on my recent oil change but past oil change i had tufoil..

so probably tuf oil clean sum carbon in my combustion area so i got less friction

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience