Guys...What do u prefer??HID or Halogen Bulbs??Should JPJ Ban HID??

csl

1,000 RPM
Aug 22, 2005
Malysia
Actually, most HID conversion kit is not suitable to put on the ori non hid light. That's why so 'eye blinding'. And some after market light also did the same thing, which bypass the standard spec and make the product just for more profit. I dare to say those light can even stun a tiger which is trying to attack you.

All cars are designed to provide certain level of safety. The original lights are bright enough, even proton car or kancil. You have to know few things, if you change the bulbs to cheap bulbs, sure not bright enough. If your lamp already old and the lamp cover become blur or too yellowish or change to non ori lamp, you will have the same results. The earthing system (for old car) also effect a bit. If not bright enough, can straight go to the root cause. Putting a HID conversion kit to your car will only blind your opposite drivers or the car in front of you. Kindly please check with the shop if there is any paper that certify the kit won't blind peoples' eyes.

Please don't use safety as an excuse. In stead, selfish is the reason. My car come with ori HID light. And compare to another car with halogen, it is way left behind if driving at night while raining. Those 5000k-12000k bulbs are just a joke if taking about safety.

The real safety starts from visiting an optical shop and check your eyes 1st before even think about changing a bulb.

JINEIL2EN

Over 10,000 RPM!
Sep 6, 2004
Island Of Pearl
team99ers.2.forumer.com
Actually, most HID conversion kit is not suitable to put on the ori non hid light. That's why so 'eye blinding'. And some after market light also did the same thing, which bypass the standard spec and make the product just for more profit. I dare to say those light can even stun a tiger which is trying to attack you.

All cars are designed to provide certain level of safety. The original lights are bright enough, even proton car or kancil. You have to know few things, if you change the bulbs to cheap bulbs, sure not bright enough. If your lamp already old and the lamp cover become blur or too yellowish or change to non ori lamp, you will have the same results. The earthing system (for old car) also effect a bit. If not bright enough, can straight go to the root cause. Putting a HID conversion kit to your car will only blind your opposite drivers or the car in front of you. Kindly please check with the shop if there is any paper that certify the kit won't blind peoples' eyes.

Please don't use safety as an excuse. In stead, selfish is the reason. My car come with ori HID light. And compare to another car with halogen, it is way left behind if driving at night while raining. Those 5000k-12000k bulbs are just a joke if taking about safety.

The real safety starts from visiting an optical shop and check your eyes 1st before even think about changing a bulb.
50-50 only.....

LuKa

500 RPM
Jul 14, 2005
Kedah
if they cant detect if its Hid.. THEN ITS OK.. use yellow temp colors.. n most el cheapo Hid in the marked doesnt come with a Glare shield.. if u align it lower oso.. no use.. it will lighted on the top oso.. thats whats causing the blinding of oncoming vehicles..

simplycomplexed

Known Member
Jun 28, 2007
redorzero.blogspot.com
being pulled over will make me lose approximately 10 precious mins of my life (and possibly 50 bucks of my cash) so i'd rather stick with whatever my headies came with.

baby_jap_wawa

2,000 RPM
Sep 10, 2006
police always have road blocks to catch people using HID. my question is, what rule and act does the police have to catch people using HID. i don't think they can enforce akta modifikasi kereta because only jpj can do that right? police only can catch for traffic offences and not things related to car modification eg installation of hid right? do correct me.. thx.. :)

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
police always have road blocks to catch people using HID. my question is, what rule and act does the police have to catch people using HID. i don't think they can enforce akta modifikasi kereta because only jpj can do that right? police only can catch for traffic offences and not things related to car modification eg installation of hid right? do correct me.. thx.. :)
mayb u can try arguing that with the police officers and let us know the result...:biggrin:

JINEIL2EN

Over 10,000 RPM!
Sep 6, 2004
Island Of Pearl
team99ers.2.forumer.com
mayb u can try arguing that with the police officers and let us know the result...:biggrin:
hahahaha....u wan ppl die meh...ahahahaha...:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

just can says, they do got rights to saman u for mod ur car....

jojo9984

5,000 RPM
Dec 19, 2004
well..usually when got road blocks, i wil use hi beam(halogen).depends on ur luck actually whether they wil stop u or not...i've been doin that since their HID crackdowns..so far stil safe..

normality78

3,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
JB
Visit site
i can only say those "blindly" hate HID are sore loser. u can find tons of them in AW.

laichong

Known Member
Oct 3, 2004
Kepong
Visit site
we just cant simply blame ppl on using HID... its a New Innovation for more safety in night driving... just only those idiots who doesnt care to re-align their lamp make others suffered..

and i saw many ppl using Halogen bulb also make us blind when their headlamp shoot just right on your face...

and Govt just simply banned a product without analysing its features and how usefull it is.. i really got nothing to say... Boleh Land everything "Tak Boleh"...

JINEIL2EN

Over 10,000 RPM!
Sep 6, 2004
Island Of Pearl
team99ers.2.forumer.com
we just cant simply blame ppl on using HID... its a New Innovation for more safety in night driving... just only those idiots who doesnt care to re-align their lamp make others suffered..

and i saw many ppl using Halogen bulb also make us blind when their headlamp shoot just right on your face...

and Govt just simply banned a product without analysing its features and how usefull it is.. i really got nothing to say... Boleh Land everything "Tak Boleh"...
indeed...
Gov shld banned all the lights...no lights in/on cars..ahahahhaha...:rofl:

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ

Well said.

proton63t

500 RPM
Mar 21, 2007
HID = WASTE OF MONIES / DANGER TO OTHERS / DANGER TO YOURSELF UNDER RAINING SEASON

Its ok if u want to trade LIFE for LOOKS, Nobody will blame u except urself :D

I

Indecided

Retrofitting HIDs into reflector headlamps meant for halogens are illegal in virtually every first world country.

If you want to do something, do it properly. It's not just the HID kit, you need to replace your headlamps or retrofit them with projector capsules (and even that has its share of problems, not to mention legality, but then again, this is Malaysia, we're no first-world country, are we?).

Otherwise, like many have said, you're just spewing light output everywhere with your reflectors which is extremely dangerous for oncoming traffic.

We don't blindly "hate" HIDs like some people have mentioned; in my opinion HIDs are a great improvement both visually and functionally over standard halogen bulbs, but they only serve as a road hazard for your fellow road-drivers as long as you don't do a full retrofit.

The only local car here that you could throw a HID kit in and not have these teething problems immediately would be the Waja which comes with projector headlamps.

So before you throw a set of HIDs into your car, think twice lah. Besides the fact that JPJ/Police are now pulling people over for light-related offences, think of the other people on the road... that might be somebody's life you're toying with there.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I just want to know how to installed toyota ficd for stable idling with 4g93.Is it too difficult cause many foreman in ipoh dont know how to install it.I got the idling problem if on aircond.Engine will stall if press the cluth to shifting the gear.RPM will drop around 400 if turn on the aircond.I hope ppl can introduce to someone that know to install it.Also who use this item can share here about the effectiveness.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience