greddy v-manage question

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

jon3171

Known Member
Aug 3, 2005
Malaysia
hi there...i was just curious about something and hope that someone can shed some light on it...

toyota 1jz-gte has two types...vvti and non vvti...

so i was wondering if i were to add a v-manage to the non vvti version....would it then have the vvti capability?

i'm sorry if the question sounds dumb...personally i have a feeling it doesn't work that way but i was just wondering why not? since the vvti is controlled electronically so theoretically adding a piggyback like v-manage should do the trick

anyways thanks for ur time...any information on the matter is much appreciated...thanks in advance!

Enslaved

Known Member
Jun 17, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
The V-manage is to control timing of the VVT-i engines/mivec (evo IX) and others as well (not too sure which ones) but it DOES NOT create VVT-i in a non-VVT-i engine.

am_izham

Known Member
Oct 17, 2004
Kota Bharu
Visit site
hi there...i was just curious about something and hope that someone can shed some light on it...

toyota 1jz-gte has two types...vvti and non vvti...

so i was wondering if i were to add a v-manage to the non vvti version....would it then have the vvti capability?

i'm sorry if the question sounds dumb...personally i have a feeling it doesn't work that way but i was just wondering why not? since the vvti is controlled electronically so theoretically adding a piggyback like v-manage should do the trick

anyways thanks for ur time...any information on the matter is much appreciated...thanks in advance!
just as you said, vvt systems are controlled electronically via an ecu. meaning? it is a mechanical system but it's operation is controlled by ecu.

so....

1J non vvt + non vvt ecu + v-manage = no vvt but can tune afr.
1J non vvt + vvt ecu + v-manage = still no vvt but can tune afr.
1J vvt + vvt ecu + v-manage = sweeeet!:biggrin:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi, i am still new here, do someone have an electronic brochure about viper alarm regarding to its model,featured and the price in malaysia,especially in penang area.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience