Give me a card. Seriously.

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search
Mar 16, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
I have noticed that my spendings have gone to the point where i realize that if i actually made purchases with a CC i might have gotten something back in return. Now i have heard plenty of recommendations from friends and people alike but i want to hear what the forum have to say about selections in the market now. Im pretty sure i would get a more honest opinion here.:biggrin:

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
u want a credit card when ur expenditure is already so bad???

getting a card would be ur spending worse... avoid them at all costs.. at least this way u can better control ur finances. debts aint fun....

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
avoid it was the best solution...

and try to reduce your spending on least needed item... :adore:

kumar22mostwanted

1,500 RPM
Jan 9, 2010
HELL!!!
cash is the best way to track your spending
in a sense that if u run out you cant spent more which is the realistic choice
unlike credit card no matter what u can spend until u reach your credit limit of course which is still pretty high in comparison with your income
thats how they get ya :banghead:

csl

1,000 RPM
Aug 22, 2005
Malysia
A credit card is good if you do not have medical card. Keep it in your wallet and when you have emergency and somehow reach private hospital, at least they won't let you die at a corner. If wanna use it to purchase things, it would be very convenience. But you must not forget to clear it every end of the month. You miss 2 times, you are gone.

Depends on limit, you must have 1 or 2 in your pocket. It is useful to deal with emergency. So far I would like to have the one got petrol rebate but I'm gonna apply for it cuz don't wanna make my wallet looks fat and ugly.

montyashley

Nov 9, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
but cc is good during emergency lol...for me i only keep 1 whichc is the shell card..coz got discount on petrol hehe...that card purely on petrol only

FVel

500 RPM
Feb 5, 2007
Seriously guys.

If someone is a serial spender, I doubt denying him the 'plastic' will stop him from abstaining from over-indulgence :)

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
the best CC i've used is CIMB..

i think all local bank CC is good.. except Bank Islam..

control is a MUST..

it's like juggling..

must balance ur income & ur expenditures..

jimmyae101

1,000 RPM
Dec 7, 2005
medan indonesia
credit card is good for ppl who know control,worst for ppl who dunno control...over limit what u earning per month like when we havent money but we like a watch...watch and wear it first...talk/pay later ma...if everything also same excuse...just image u got 10 item to pay installment...watch,camera,tv,computer,h/phone,holiday trip,bla bla....am sure ur basic also cant cover all expenses...how about monthly expenses after pay all debt...like petrol,food...sweep by cc again...final apply bankrupt status lo...

ckteck9898

Jan 27, 2011
Selangor
its true... CC can be good n oso can be devil.... u cant control it, u r gone... take myself as a sample... im in the process of clearing the debts... thanx God im doin well in clearing the debts... but CC still usefull for emergency case... should hav 1 or 2 for emergency use... Good luck..

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Credit Card sometimes you can get addicted and adopting the attitude of "nevermind" use 1st sure can pay later...you will lost control and whenever u dun have enough cash and want to buy that thing badly, the 1st thing that come into your mind is credit card...

I only use it to book movie tickets and pump petrol but pay within the week itself...cant exceed 20 days or I'll have to pay with some interest charges...

PocketRocket

'(00) Mod'er
Helmet Clan
Nov 28, 2004
Up Yours
it took me 4 yrs to clear 25k CC debts...5 damned cards...2011 im a free man!

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
the best CC i've used is CIMB..

i think all local bank CC is good.. except Bank Islam..

control is a MUST..

it's like juggling..

must balance ur income & ur expenditures..

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/26/3-ball_cascade_movie.gif[\img][/quote]

i agree, bank islam is the most f**ked up bank. when u apply CC wah..they very nice to u wan, when u late for your payments, they scold u......they will call u up & straight away "bila nak bayar"
thats bank islam guys......

FVel

500 RPM
Feb 5, 2007
i agree, bank islam is the most f**ked up bank. when u apply CC wah..they very nice to u wan, when u late for your payments, they scold u......they will call u up & straight away "bila nak bayar"
thats bank islam guys......
Danz,

To be perfectly honest bro, most banks are like that, even the foreign banks. It's not a behavior unique to Bank Islam. It's just that Bank Islam and Maybank are more f**ked up than many others.

Bankers are never your friend. They only like to pretend to be your friend.

There's an old saying that a banker will give you an umbrella to shade you from the sun. When it starts raining, the banker will take away that umbrella.

When you go on credit, when you take a loan, when you owe the bank, they will treat you as another guy with debt....they won't treat you as a valued customer.

That is why when you are liquid and financially independent, and bank reps start to woo you for your patronage and deposits, there is absolutely nothing wrong in hammering the bast*rds and demand your pound of flesh in terms of service, and better rates of return.

An most typical bank reps that push investment packages to depositors are just sales people with no real financial acumen. They are just there to meet their monthly sales quota. Which basically means they don't really advise you of the pitfalls and ramifications of investing in some of these packages.