Getting rid of your HID???

Doink

3,000 RPM
If you guys notice...nowadays many people are selling their HID kit...Is it the HID kit is officially banned from the public road???Ever since the newspaper has posted about its misuse and problems...many people want to get rid of it...What do you guys think???

ai.. all kind of funny2 things in malaysia de la.. season coming mah... sure many all this stuff de lor... :biggrin: juz see ur luck... eehehhe..

I want to buy a set of HID second hand la. Thing is.... is there a shop who can install the HID on my back speaker board, directing the HID towards the back?
I want to HID those fuckers with high beam.
HID = Hailat Idiotic Drivers, in my case if I install it at the back. hahaha

If you read the papers properly, the government did not ban HID lights. It merely says you should seek JPJ approval if you wanna install them.

Actually i'm very much supporting this move. As it is now, these cheapo HID's are plain nuisance on the road.

white halogen

what about white halogen bulbs? do we need jpj to approve?
prodigy said:
If you read the papers properly, the government did not ban HID lights. It merely says you should seek JPJ approval if you wanna install them.

Actually i'm very much supporting this move. As it is now, these cheapo HID's are plain nuisance on the road.

cheapo HID or not, the main problem is ppl who never adjust their light angle correctly

just in case no one have noticed yet
it is often those ppl who simply adjust their lights until high high ( probably looking for monkeys eating banana on the trees or signboards ) that is the problem

i am a witness of such things, even with 60W halogen, they are still blinding enough to 'leave me in the dark'

I dont have HID but sometimes i also think its the "dumb" installers themselves are to be blamed, they are the ones who are doing the installatio, dont they know the adjustments?
my humble 2 cents... :tongue:

dun blame the installer ma, most of the time they do the installation not at night, how to adjust?

we drivers have to adjust the light ourself.not that hard la, plenty of info on the Net.

most culprits runs on the normal headlights who , most of the time, failed to adjust the headlights accordingly.

one of the easiest way is to install driving lights, during roadblock just switch on city lights mode + driving lights, that should do the trick.

EG8 said:
dun blame the installer ma, most of the time they do the installation not at night, how to adjust?
point taken :tee: but shouldnt they also know "roughly" where to point the bulps? downwards rather then directly "hurting" drivers in-front of them? :biggrin:

DIY la bro.

found on the Net

http://www.ehow.com/how_112704_adjust-headlights.html

[font=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][size=-1] How to Adjust Headlights

[/size][/font] [font=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][size=-1]Although mechanics use a highly accurate headlamp adjuster to ensure that both headlights are pointing in exactly the right direction, in a pinch a screwdriver will fix misdirected beams enough so you can safely drive in the dark.
[/size][/font] /images/step.gif [font=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][size=-1]Steps: [/size][/font] [font=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][size=-1]1. [/size][/font] [font=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][size=-1]Park your car on level ground with the headlights about 10 to 15 feet (3 to 4.5 m) from a wall or garage door. [/size][/font] [font=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][size=-1]2. [/size][/font] [font=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][size=-1]Find the adjusting screws for the headlights. They will probably be inset adjacent to the headlight. You'll find a horizontal and a vertical adjusting screw, with small springs behind them. Some cars come equipped with a small level (like a carpenter's level) attached to the top of the headlight under the hood to help you get the correct adjustment. [/size][/font] [font=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][size=-1]3. [/size][/font] [font=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][size=-1]Turn the headlights on. [/size][/font] [font=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][size=-1]4. [/size][/font] [font=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][size=-1]Notice where the light shines, using the wall or garage door as your gauge. Check for uneven or cross-eyed light beams. [/size][/font][font=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif](Image 1) [/font] [font=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][size=-1]5. [/size][/font] [font=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][size=-1]Turn the adjusting screws with a Phillips screwdriver while looking at the wall. Turn slowly and continue to check the wall (see illustration) until the light beams are even and tilted slightly downward (so your car's headlights won't blind oncoming traffic). [/size][/font] [font=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][size=-1]6. [/size][/font] [font=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][size=-1]Test-drive in the dark and repeat steps 1 through 5 as necessary. [/size][/font]
464_a1.jpg

[font=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][size=-1]Overall Tips: [/size][/font]
[font=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][size=-1]Turn the adjusting screws slowly and review the beam's location frequently to avoid adjusting the headlights in the wrong direction. [/size][/font]

this one not secessary for HID user, as well as non HID user too!

noticed on the road how many motorists driving with the uneven headlights beam? be it hid or non hid user it is our responsible to ensure that it wont blind oncoming traffic then

scoupe said:
what about white halogen bulbs? do we need jpj to approve?
i thought i read on my youngest bro's driver licence law test book, say that white is okay ler.. anything hotter than white is ilegal, so those blueish white is illegal lar.. i think... thats also a year ago liau dunno they change it or not.

yah...actually i think HID is a good thing...since jpj is gonna have ops very soon..i think everybody should keep their hid at home...

i think those who stop cars with HID should die.

what we can do to them is :

1. Take the HID and SHINE directly into their eyes until it bleeds.
2. take a spoon and scoop their two eye balls half way almost coming out from the eye soket.
3. scoop one out and force them to eat and make sure they munch it and swollow their own eye balls.
4. stuff 1 HID light bulb into the empty eye socket and light it up.
5. pour salt into the empty eye socket and drizzle a little bit of water into the light bulb.
6. while the HID light bulb inside their eye socket.. purposely break the blub and let the glass all go inside the eye soket at the same time releasing those toxic gas into the infecteed area.
7. after all those are done.. bang his damm head into the wall and make his other eye ball half hanging out burst.
8. let him live.
9. send him home to his family.
10. give him a RM50 teh money
11. send a psycotic HIV begger to rape his wife
12. decorate his whole house with HID lights. so everyone can see.
13. make sure the psycotic begger is raping the wife continuesly.
14. tie the hostage and make sure he is aware of the situattion.
15. finally.. burn everything to destroy the evidence and send them to hell.

thank you

anybody got HID kits they want to sell let me know ..

I want .. either H7, H11 or 9006 .. thanks. hee hee ~~

wah 7500 rpm so brutal i very scared. tell me your plate number so i wont offend u on the road n die meaninglessly hehe.......

devilangel said:
I dont have HID but sometimes i also think its the "dumb" installers themselves are to be blamed, they are the ones who are doing the installatio, dont they know the adjustments?
my humble 2 cents... :tongue:

Some time u can't blame the installer cause is not their faulth, The seller who sell the kit should be the person to blame ..... Cause most seller don't understand what they sell just simply claime A D2S (HiD bulb) can fix in H1,H3,H4,H7 and bla bla ..... they simply modify the bulb base and install when the lenght of the bulb is different and focusing point also different, so how you blame the installer cause nomatter how hard he adjust he can't get the right beam that cause by the product .....

But i'm happy this week cause none of my buyer get block or question by JPJ even they drive thru Road Block .....
My sell is drop this week but still able to sold few pair to my return customer .......

Good Luck on buying H.I.D ...

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom