Getting a 2nd hand Mazda RX-7 1996

will3830

Jul 25, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Bro, if you want affortable maintainence, Silvia series was good buy..My S15 already 7 years and no major break down, just change oil and drive, but mine engine never mod la, remain fully stock ( only intake & exhaust mod ) until today.

RX7 & S2000 was my favorite even until today, but dint buy cuz worry maintainence and cost of upgrade + spare part.

Hope this help.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Yeap, its rare. A random search only 3 popped up. 3 different websites.
Its exp esp the hard top one coz the hardtop is an aftermarket part I think.
For such an expensive price and rarity, I think it could be more worth it to spend the money and time in looking for a NSX. Comparing NSX with S2000, NSX will win for it's looks, reputation and performance. No matter what, legend is still a legend even if it is older. :biggrin:

sagaevo

Known Member
Nov 20, 2003
Well...as this comes to the 5th page of your thread here.....so by now you should've know which one that you would be choosing........12savefuel have given you a good insight on what to expect with the RX7s and also recommends S15 to you......surely folks here have been very helpful to share their good thoughts and experiences to you :)

Just something that i found.....although it is an auto....but seems to be worth it with the price....
Nissan Silvia S15 SR20 (A) - Cars for sale Selangor - Mudah.my

12savefuel

Known Member
Dec 10, 2008
Seems like most people say S15 and everybody seems to agree that its the car with good all round performance with good parts availability.

My 2cents about the S2000 vs S15. "You can always piss faster than can ever suck." a.k.a force induction.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Seems like most people say S15 and everybody seems to agree that its the car with good all round performance with good parts availability.

My 2cents about the S2000 vs S15. "You can always piss faster than can ever suck." a.k.a force induction.
S15 Silvia might be faster at straights due to better hp and torque. But at corners, I'm not sure how will it fares against S2000. Besides, the nice exhaust sound that the high revving S2000 makes, S15 won't be able to match it.

Clutch_Shift_Accelerate

Known Member
Sep 8, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Well...as this comes to the 5th page of your thread here.....so by now you should've know which one that you would be choosing........12savefuel have given you a good insight on what to expect with the RX7s and also recommends S15 to you......surely folks here have been very helpful to share their good thoughts and experiences to you :)

Just something that i found.....although it is an auto....but seems to be worth it with the price....
Nissan Silvia S15 SR20 (A) - Cars for sale Selangor - Mudah.my
Yea I saw this though i'm not interested in auto. I'm gonna stick to Manual all the way. I'm checking this one out tomorrow morning, hopefully it'll be a good one.
Nissan Silvia 2.0 (M)S15 SPEC R GOOD CONDITION - Cars for sale Selangor - Mudah.my

paranormal

Nov 19, 2006
Bermuda
hi... i got this car before FD3S ...sold it because of need money to run a project :(

for me daily rider... maintenance is very low for the standard twin turbo... every 2 or 3 month i just change an engine oil, plug and oil filter which is cost at only not more than RM200... for the fuel, cost at RM150/tank can go for 630km with straight pipe 3inch run long distance but in town only can get bout 450km...(it's depend on how you ride your car!)... new spare part still can get easily but you must know where to buy... some body part need to costume .. for rotary garage, i have seen one at USJ1 Subang Jaya but i never send my ride because i can do it myself :D

Clutch_Shift_Accelerate

Known Member
Sep 8, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Ah so you knew what needed to be done for the car then.
Completely agree with you on the "how you drive your car part".
Hmm, you make it sound a little better compared to previous comments on it. I still would love to get it but I don't think I have the money to maintain an FD3S, perhaps i'll check it out though not gonna get my hopes high.
Don't have that much of a budget for maintainance or parts cause dad only agreed to sponsor for the car itself only.
Will check it out though none the less and see how things go.

What kind of fuel do you pump? 97 or 95?
Also if I were to take it to that track I bet parts and maintainance would be pretty high wouldn't it in comparison to a Silvia?
Though a wankel engine + twin turbo would be epic!

Last edited:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi guys. My friend's Yellow EG Ferios was stolen last Sunday, 2AM at MBO, Terminal Two Seremban. He went there to watch a movie. So please be extra careful if you go there. The place is equipped with CCTV but were told that not all are functioning. Below is the info of the stolen car:

1. Yellow colored EG ferio
2. Black front hood
3. Bronze CE28 replica rims
4. Plate number JCP 1636

Kindly please contact me at 013 if you happen to see the car anywhere.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience