engaging (neutral)

audiolizard

Known Member
i realize that my car will automaticly "mati engine" when engaging free gear when the engine of the car is still cold.. so the previous owner mention that its the what "tortue" body matter which i am not very known bout what is it and the spellings. any idea what is it?
even when i warm up my engine sometimes its still happen so im still looking for a solution.
pls to all honda sifu check it out for me thx:biggrin:

is throttle body....it controls the amount of air flowing into the engine..i am oso newbie here,
let other honda sifu find solution for u..:biggrin:

btw wat honda u driving??

ya its a throttle body! hehe... let me guess mayb is the air flow problem like F1 that cant resist the car suddenly stop gua... hehehe...

i just get a eg6 not for long and its a b16a block+b16b head :proud:
i kinda love my baby , how bout u?

me?? am jz a student & drive a stock wira:biggrin: but kinda love EG 2door but still student cant afford it..:bawling:...hope u enjoy with ur car..:party:

hope tis help u to understand more bout it... Throttle - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

wat u mean 'when engaging free gear'? isit from free gear engage to 1st gear when cold starting??

i realize that my car will automaticly "mati engine" when engaging free gear when the engine of the car is still cold.. so the previous owner mention that its the what "tortue" body matter which i am not very known bout what is it and the spellings. any idea what is it?
even when i warm up my engine sometimes its still happen so im still looking for a solution.
pls to all honda sifu check it out for me thx:biggrin:

send to mechanic,clean the throttle body and check the timing...the problem should be solved...

me?? am jz a student & drive a stock wira:biggrin: but kinda love EG 2door but still student cant afford it..:bawling:...hope u enjoy with ur car..:party:

hope tis help u to understand more bout it... Throttle - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

wat u mean 'when engaging free gear'? isit from free gear engage to 1st gear when cold starting??

what i mean engaging free gear means, when the car is still cold, i need to step on the pedal untill the engine is warmed up if not i will die at free gear situation,so sometimes when im slowing down i cant drive easily cuz i need to engage free gear while i still need to step on the pedal to make sure the engine is still running, but anyway i checked today and the mech say is the throttle body problem, that the previous owner had changed the throttle body to racing type so once i change back to a normal 1 everthing will be the same xD.

what i mean engaging free gear means, when the car is still cold, i need to step on the pedal untill the engine is warmed up if not i will die at free gear situation,so sometimes when im slowing down i cant drive easily cuz i need to engage free gear while i still need to step on the pedal to make sure the engine is still running, but anyway i checked today and the mech say is the throttle body problem, that the previous owner had changed the throttle body to racing type so once i change back to a normal 1 everthing will be the same xD.

Bro, so te tb is the source of the problem...
No cold start valve function...so if you deide to throw it away pls let me know okay...
Hee hee hee...
That brand if not mistaken idling air screw also do have...:biggrin:

you using super90 throttle body is it ?? haya then nvm la...leave it alone....just dont drive the car till its properly heated up la.....after the car is warm that idle problem no longer will be there wat...i think better you give to bro E-tech the TB...he give you back Type R throttle body ....no need $$$...just swap...both also happy.

Last edited:
o really bro e-tech want to swap the tb i want leh...cant tahan using the tb every morning have to start n wait for 5min...

---------- Post added at 08:02 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:02 PM ----------

e-tech bro if u want to swap let me know wo ok....hehe

---------- Post added at 08:03 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:02 PM ----------

e-tech bro it u really want to swap let me know wo ok hehe this tb use few month only.

o really bro e-tech want to swap the tb i want leh...cant tahan using the tb every morning have to start n wait for 5min...

---------- Post added at 08:02 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:02 PM ----------

Bro
I oledi hv super90 70mm.
Ur maybe is duratech?
Tq:biggrin:

oh but my mech said that, if i change to those normal 1, can setting 1 wor... mean can tune the RPM there high abit while idling... u mean its not the engine cold problem but the throttle body problem la? so if i change already den ok liao lo? btw u said u ned 5 minute but i ned 10 minute la, summore i nid to close aircond for 10 minute la.. aiyo

Yes, if eg tb can be adjusted.
But kena open the bottom area.

no its not throttle body problem...it is juts that....the throttle you are using cant adjust the timing...so have to wait for engine to be warm then only go...

if you think this causes inconvenience and its not worth the sacrifice...then change the TB.

once you change the TB this wont happen anymore...

no its not throttle body problem...it is juts that....the throttle you are using cant adjust the timing...so have to wait for engine to be warm then only go...

if you think this causes inconvenience and its not worth the sacrifice...then change the TB.

once you change the TB this wont happen anymore...

Ad,
his must be dura tech type correct?
Looks like ori but do not hv idling screw..

ya same when i open airrcon also at very low rpm.wa s90 also got no ori 1 er hot to see?now looking for a b18cr tb any merber got pls let me know...

ic. thx for the info, 1 more thing i want to know about it,if i change already, the horsepower of the car will go down isit?
and i think my mech mention to me that the TB im currently using are racing type so if im gonna change it to the normal 1 means i had to sell the previous 1, any 1 intrested?

Ad,
his must be dura tech type correct?
Looks like ori but do not hv idling screw..

dont think so la bro...cause this bro not sure what is TB also...so it might eb the s90 tb also he not sure...he just mention his mech say racing type..i am assuming s90 70mm ....

---------- Post added at 07:08 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:07 PM ----------

ic. thx for the info, 1 more thing i want to know about it,if i change already, the horsepower of the car will go down isit?
and i think my mech mention to me that the TB im currently using are racing type so if im gonna change it to the normal 1 means i had to sell the previous 1, any 1 intrested?

your horsepower MIGHT go down...or not....depends on your setup..

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom