Dyno results the ultimate measurement tool ??

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

yolk

1,000 RPM
according to what you said

In real world theory always come first then follow by practical laa.

The "feeling" u mentioned is actually support by lots of engineering theory behind which u didnt realised, or intensionally dont want to know.. :lol:

For me i cant afford to invest just based on feeling talk... like the faster 20V A/T in Selangor and Penang aka Silvertop, tukar suspension based on feeling, like drinking TT...  :lol:

but i still don't understand laaaaa blur blur .. okay laaa dyno is ultimate tool for measuring engine performance .. i agree with you laaaaaa .. but can you pls enlighten me on how to measure the performance for the following parts from a dyno chart .... i abit stupid la dunno all this engineering stuff and theory and formulas .. so please explain in plain english based on dyno chart

1. changing of stock flywheel to lightened flywheel .. blacktop flywheel 5.9kg to tom's flywheel 3.8kg

2. changing of c56 final drive from 4.3 to 4.733

3. changing of 20v internals from stock conrod/crank to aftermarket balanced and lightened conrod/crank from toda/trd etc etc

that's all i can think of this moment .. can you pls pls pls explain to me how to read dyno chart based on the mods done above kaaaa ... next TTT belanja you minum la okay ... sifu you the best !!!!! B)

Originally posted by yolk@Dec 21 2004, 21:13
according to what you said

In real world theory always come first then follow by practical laa.

The "feeling" u mentioned is actually support by lots of engineering theory behind which u didnt realised, or intensionally dont want to know.. :lol:

For me i cant afford to invest just based on feeling talk... like the faster 20V A/T in Selangor and Penang aka Silvertop, tukar suspension based on feeling, like drinking TT...  :lol:

but i still don't understand laaaaa blur blur .. okay laaa dyno is ultimate tool for measuring engine performance .. i agree with you laaaaaa .. but can you pls enlighten me on how to measure the performance for the following parts from a dyno chart .... i abit stupid la dunno all this engineering stuff and theory and formulas .. so please explain in plain english based on dyno chart

1. changing of stock flywheel to lightened flywheel .. blacktop flywheel 5.9kg to tom's flywheel 3.8kg

2. changing of c56 final drive from 4.3 to 4.733

3. changing of 20v internals from stock conrod/crank to aftermarket balanced and lightened conrod/crank from toda/trd etc etc

that's all i can think of this moment .. can you pls pls pls explain to me how to read dyno chart based on the mods done above kaaaa ... next TTT belanja you minum la okay ... sifu you the best !!!!! B)
changing those things above doesnt mean your car will go faster sometimes will go slower

dyno measurement tool's true capability I don't know, so don't dare to confirm what I'm going to write will be how many % correct or not.

however one thing is for sure is that ......

dyno results that are handed to us by the dyno operator ...... DOES NOT show us a few things.

The most important one, namely TIME DOMAIN.

i.e. It does not tell us how fast the rpm rise

without this we will not know how fast the car will fly based on dyno charts.

However from the dyno chart we will know one thing for sure, which is, given the same car weight, a car engine with more torque can carry heavier load and travel at the same speed as the other car engine with less torque carrying lighter load and use same amount of fuel.

Something like that ..... I may have made a mistake along the line but something like that .......

That's all that the dyno chart is telling ........

Although creative minds can put the "response" curve into good intepretation, as well as analysing AFR, but I'm not good at it so I won't dare to say much.

The key to understanding all this is first to understand how our universe operates in TIME DOMAIN.

Everything is related to TIME, if we do not understand it and ignore it's almighty existance then our knowledge will not increase.

It's like cam duration, it's about TIME, when, where, how long ....

It's like crank shaft .....

It's like wheel speed

It's like exhaust pulsation

It's like air intake choking of high cam

It's like suspension travel

It's like why all 4 cylinders are 1,3,4,2 - why can't it be 1,2,3,4

It's all about TIME DOMAIN.

This is why so many hi-fi enthusiast get allot of things wrong ....... because the number criterion about sound is TIME DOMAIN - travelling forward and not backward, and not faster nor slower.

The issues of amount of time it takes to come, go away, lingers, between the lingering, cycle between in-coming and out-going, the PHASE due to multiple angles, the time difference between wave A and wave B causing matrix of difference cascading downwards .........

TIME ................................. the ultimate knowledge .................

Those mods are dyno-able?

Question, can a dyno take measurements and plot it over time?

Originally posted by MK84@Dec 21 2004, 22:04
Those mods are dyno-able?

Question, can a dyno take measurements and plot it over time?
Ah, this I don't know ..... but heard that it's possibly .....

I would only imagine true dyno operators will know how to do it as well as run the all complex routines to ascertain the true usefulness of the engine + drive train ratios setup ......

wah, speak in english la chin! not in acoustic! :lol:

he asked wong sifu mah, not u!

alamak hahaha joking2 la, jgn marah aa chin :lol:

i lagi dunno. :P

those are english mah ,...........

when, where, how, lingers - is english what .....

But seriously, when one person starts to understand these things by imagine a visual movement in a CASCADING effects of effects .........

then the realization / enlightenment can be achieved when the complete VIDEO / ANIMATION of the wave ss s s ss ss CASCADING movement is made sucessfully in the mind :)

aiyah, doin't tembak me ....... pain ............

somehow understand yet somehow dun understand... its like can feel what chin is trying to say but can't "see" it.. whatever..

plain english and rocket science english also english ar.. maybe chin you type in rojak malaysian english ppl understand more...

aiyah, so fast kena tembak liao ............... pain ..............

aiyah, nevermind lah, ignore me lah ...............

I talk kok sing song only mah .................

not important one .....................

chin sudah merajuk liao... ayok tak tau.. :lol:

no lar where got tembak you.. your explanation still best in this tread.. until someone come out with a better explanation, and easier to understand, then we baru tembak you.

Dyno is for stupid pple... Feeling is for smart pple... dat's y lots of pple
is very smart and mod car oledi no need dyno.. jes FEEL is d best!

:)

Originally posted by BLaCkHoWLiNG@Dec 21 2004, 22:58

like dat i tiu liao......... :lol:

Originally posted by BLaCkHoWLiNG@Dec 21 2004, 23:07
you 4AF tak main la...

shoo!! go main jauh jauh...

24.gif

okay okay.......i go sleep.....sob sob...... :(

we cannot say the dyno machine now is the ultimate measuring tool...unless it takes "TIME" into account too like wat chin said...

let's say yoga sifoo....changed to 6 speed....acceleration ofcoz improved a lot, but figures on the dyno chart will still be the same as b4 rite??

Originally posted by BLaCkHoWLiNG@Dec 21 2004, 22:58

aijoooooooooooo like that i also masuk into stupid people category coz go for dyno <_< :lol: :P

chin,
aijoooooooooooooooooo .... too blur to understand what you type la now .. sleepy .. hahahahahaha :P

muahhahaha...sudah dyno ah?? got diff ah d cam conversions?

Ooiii… my car is in super stock condition la why ask me those mod questions....?

IMHO, those are the works to lighten/balance the engine parts in order to improve rpm response. It helps your engine punch out max horses at shorter time. But it does not increase the horses. Therefore you will not see any significant changes on the dyno chart.

Just like two SEG power by similar horses BLT under the hood, but one with stock standard JRD rim while another one with SSR super light rim. Obviously the later will have shorter time to reach max top speed.

In N/A world those mod sifu will first lightening + balance up the engine first than only looks for power up. If it is done in reverse way, it might caused premature to the engine life…

Ni macam answer boleh pass ke master? :lol:

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom