Distributor Problem need advice to modify..

babe.cube

From Facebook
May 20, 2012
www.facebook.com
hi,
i have a 4g13 carburetor car inside my Lmst, i found out the distributor is having problem cause engine jerk when AC on, rightnow intend to buy a new unit,question is can i use wira 1.6 model of distributor put it inside my 4g13 carburetor engine?if next time i want to convert my carburetor system to efi,can the carburetor model of distributor to be use in efi system without need to change?
beside this the stuff to convert to efi system is it ecu with wiring,intake magnaflow with throttle body, o2 sensor and fuel pump only? the method is when modify to efi system i need to get all of these stuff n drag supply voltage to ecu n the key to on off wiring to ecu then put the wiring from ecu though firewall to injectors n o2 sensor and distributor then the engine can b start? or not as simple like this?correct me if i wrong thank u.. i need guru to teach..

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
i don't know about 4G13.. but i think most of sparepart shop should sell the distributor..

if u wanna put EFI system to ur car, i suggest u change the engine..

buy a nice halfcut & u'll get all the necessary items..

if u wanna custom-made an EFI system to ur car, i think no mechanic would like to do that..

unless u wanna do it on ur own..

feipepe

Known Member
May 12, 2010
balakong
hi,
i have a 4g13 carburetor car inside my Lmst, i found out the distributor is having problem cause engine jerk when AC on, rightnow intend to buy a new unit,question is can i use wira 1.6 model of distributor put it inside my 4g13 carburetor engine?if next time i want to convert my carburetor system to efi,can the carburetor model of distributor to be use in efi system without need to change?
beside this the stuff to convert to efi system is it ecu with wiring,intake magnaflow with throttle body, o2 sensor and fuel pump only? the method is when modify to efi system i need to get all of these stuff n drag supply voltage to ecu n the key to on off wiring to ecu then put the wiring from ecu though firewall to injectors n o2 sensor and distributor then the engine can b start? or not as simple like this?correct me if i wrong thank u.. i need guru to teach..
hi bro,
if u tries to convert to EFI, 1st thing u need to changes the distributor, to EFi type distributor. because carburetor distributor without signal connector to calculate how many cam angle have been rotated and sendl to ECU, and supply how many electrical provide to spark plug fired the fuel at piston.
2nd, the AC pump or fuel pump also need to change to EFi type. in which AC pump near by and attached at top head block also need to modify and close it due to unused already AC pump.
3rd, ignition coil also need to change. normally, this ignition coil will be come together during u purchase 1 set of EFI part.
4th, tanki fuel, can be used back carburetor type , but become more accurate or effectively ECU control the fuel consumption, suggest need to changes the fuel tanki as well.
5th, like u mentioned above, throttle body intake manifold, gasket throttle body manifold, 4 pcs injector, o2 sensor and fuel pump need to concern it.

above only my 2cent knowledgeable i know, if have any wrong, pls dun shoot me haha...:wavey:

---------- Post added at 02:02 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:56 PM ----------

hi,
above the matter while u on the AC, the car will be jerk, u may try to adjust ac idle screw, in which below carburetor there and increase ur rpm idle time. for detail about the screw location, u may try to search on ZTH forum, because here have one of expert sifoo 4g13p upload the photo carburetor 4gxxx series.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi there. All sifus, on behalf of my friend, he got a Proton Gen-2 and planning to swap the engine either to mivec CK or 4age Black Top 6 speed. He already checked with the PUSPAKOM and the swap for both engine is allowed for his Proton Gen-2. The questions are

1) Which engine better in performance and durability?
2) Which engine has more potential for further modification to gain more HP?
3) Which engine got more aftermarket performance parts?
4) Which engine is more economical in...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience