Cutting Spring & Tyre Setup

Wira Y2K

Nov 22, 2005
Im using Wira 1.6 and changed the front & rear abs to gas shocks.My tyre setup is 195/60/15 for front & 195/65/15 for the rear.

My question is...
1.Will using different tyre size effect my handling?

2.The shop wants to cut my standard front spring about 1-2 inch to make it look lower,is this advisable?

3.What are my other option to make my front end lower?

K_Takuya

Moderate Moderator
Sep 1, 2005
Limau bali,Ipoh
1. weight not distributed to your tyres evenly

2. cut spring.. you wont like to attack corner...

3. err..whats your purpose to make your front lower? if emergency brake your front brake have to work harder and will take more time for ur car to full stop...danger...

My question is...
differences in tire section height should be ok. but both left n right hv to be the same. NOT OK if differences in tire section width.

2.The shop wants to cut my standard front spring about 1-2 inch to make it look lower,is this advisable?
not advisable...wan lower? change sports spring.

lower? either adjustable shock or lowered sport spring will do.

Wira Y2K said:

1) not vr noticeable... still ok... but better go with the same profile tyres all around...

2) NO.... dont ever cut ur springs.... it will totally mess up ur spring rebound rate....

3) fit sport springs at the front... but still, not advisable to go 'rear tonggek'.... vr dangerous especially when u do hard braking...

MiOKu

Oct 27, 2005
1) i think bigger rim size will benefit u in handling but dun put too big ...15" for wira i think is juz nice...

2) dun ever potong ur springs... u will regret...u wont dare to take corners and even speeding at highway...ur car will jump like kangaroo... get a sport spring better...

3) get a pair of lowered front spring or adjustable...but dun toggek behind too high...seriously is dangerous while braking....

Wira Y2K

Nov 22, 2005
Thanks all for the reply...

1.So i guess it ok then,waiting to change all tyre to 60 series.

2.Ok so i wont cut the spring,thanks.

3.Adjustable are too hard,how much lower will my car be with sport spring?Currently about 4 Finger front.Im afraid if change to sport spring my 60 series tyre will bang the body when car is bouncing.

simon

Mar 31, 2005
MiOKu said:
1)
2) dun ever potong ur springs... u will regret...u wont dare to take corners and even speeding at highway...ur car will jump like kangaroo... get a sport spring better...
i hv cut one round of my standard spring for my wira in front......its still comfortable & never jump like kangaroo in the highway also...in fact it was jumping like kangaroo when i was using sports springs earlier :)

MiOKu

Oct 27, 2005
lol.. wont de if 15" rim... mine last time use performax spring with ori abs front bout 2 and a half finger like tat with 195/55/r15... use longer will get lower a bit...

MiOKu

Oct 27, 2005
u try cutting all 4... it juz felt hard...no rebounds....

Wira Y2K

Nov 22, 2005
So if cut my front springs 1" its acceptable?My car wont go crazy?

nitrus

Nov 14, 2005
juz go get APM performax springs or something la ... dun cut ur springs la

so nice ady ur setup, u somemore asked about handling .. u cut ur springs later dunno apa jadi .. dun do it man.

simon

Mar 31, 2005
Wira Y2K said:
So if cut my front springs 1" its acceptable?My car wont go crazy?
im using cut springs (only one round) for the front & let me tell you its far more better than using those apm performax spring which tends to bounce & feel uncomfortable on uneven roads. you will not feel any bounciness at all & it is comfortable on uneven roads as well & the handling is fine. but the cut spring must be compressed well & fitted into the shock abs properly.

nitrus

Nov 14, 2005
simon : your feeling towards the cut springs may be different for Wira Y2k..

anyway,

Wira Y2k , whichever way u use, do update us with the outcome ya?

cheers.

my fren juz get his evo2-satria...

comes out from workshop n hv a test-drive...so whacked the engine.....after that..engine die off.....

after tat..start it..but engine rpm very low n car wanna die off die off oledi.....boost meter stay at 0 bar..took out vacuum hose n check..no air pressure/vacuum oledi..wat's wrong?

so send the car to another workshop..mech said the ISC spoiled oledi..hv to change..izzit?

with aircon off..the engine wont die....if ON aircon..then die....ISC...