~Help Needed! Jumpy ride..~

civic EdGe

Known Member
Jul 27, 2006
Hi all ZTH sifu's.........

Here is my case..... i have just recently put a 17" rim in my EG 4 door,
using 205/40 tyres..... but the problem is, im not used to the stiffness when i drive,
especially on bumpy and uneven roads (the rear is stiffer than the front)........ i was told by other ppl that putting a 17 incher will cause more FC, less pick-up, cost more for tyre, easily get dented, bla bla etc and etc, but i still stick to 17" cost i dowan to regret later with the looks of 16' or 15"....... i still think that the FC and decreased pick-up doesnt affect me much though, but my current ride is really harsh.... so here is what that kept my head spinning:

1. i still plan to lower my car a lil bit... is there any method of lowering my car without sacrificing even more of my car's comfort, or restores the comfort of my car..(i know its sounds noobie.:emoticon_U: ) im currently using stock abs and springs, and 1 mechanic intro'ed Eibach springs to me......

2. if i plan to use back the stock abs and springs, how can i reduce the stiffness?
(plan to change my tyres from 40 to 45, but the mechanic said it'z too big, wont fit into my car perfectly..)

Thanks in advance to all sifu's who r willing to help this noobie!!:_:

huakenny

LB Performance
Feb 24, 2005
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
1st of all, my EG is using 15inch wit lowered..it looks pretty nice n damn lowered....very good pickup n handling as well...

i doublt 17inch is just too big for a stock eg.

since it is 17inch, if u change from 40series to 45series, it make ur car looks higher,abit weird huh.....the only solution is to change ur springs...eibach maybe or some brands tat r comfort.

by the way, 17inch in ur car aint tat bumpy....it just slighty bumpy than ur stock rim. u wil get used to it after drive it for some times.

my2cent

civic EdGe

Known Member
Jul 27, 2006
Thanks to all replies... much appreciated.....

huakenny- yup, i agree that changing form 40 to 45 sized tyres will raise my car's height... even now my car looks a lil bit more floaty than b4 i changed the rims... guess that i have to find the best way to lower my car liao......

putra & skywalker- actually i stil have a long term plan to convert my engine into one of the b-series.. the mech said that if i pasang eibach now, the result will be good, but later after swap engine must change the abs again, if not canot tahan the weight of the engine..... so more money will be spent... haihz... so changing to adjustable straight away is the better choice...... TITAN?! my house dun have cash note printing machine le... how to find so much money... keke... any other cheaper adjustables to recommend other than titan? those that are comfy and wont make my car jump like katak puru... haha

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
in long term, TITAN is best... because after u convert engine, u still can use back the suspension... jz go back to the factory and reset the setting...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi , i wanna buy a manual sport car for weekend use . I am confuse to choose whether Rx8 or Toyota Celica.
i prefer rx8 much , but compare to maintanance . i always heard that rx8 got plenty of problem .
and celica is very easy to maintain . OF course if i buy rx8 i will buy the cheapest 2002 years car .10 years rotary engine . i always go long distance place . IS it many problem ? Hopefully some Sifu here get give me a clear comment .
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience