civic eg or satria??

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

pok nik

500 RPM
Oct 24, 2005
if u want to convert to vtec, buy eg..if wan to play wth tebo, buy satria...but it really depends on your preference...wat does ur heart say?but of cos u cannot deny eg is better in many ways, apart from the price lah...not trying to downgrde proton here, but every1 is talking bout its quality...if u wan to use it for long,go for an eg then...if u just wan to try2, buy both lah...hehe

andy_coupe

Known Member
Apr 30, 2006
London
www.zerotohundred.com
Daniel1688 said:
i've got a 1.6m satria and an EG4...even before i converted my EG4 i still prefer the eg to the satria.no doubt the satria is a new car compare to my EG but to me proton is still a proton.i just had too much problem with the car.but in terms of comfort is would say the satria is better as it has much more cabin and boot room...but in terms of looks the eg wins hands down.i mean you can see on the road some satria even put on the EG bumpers together with thier mivec bonnet to somehow resemble to an EG.anyway since you're a NA kaki then you should really go for the EG as the VTEC is KILLER!!!

Vtec4life!!!
Uh huh, I've seen some Satrias with Mirage bonnets and EG6 bumpers. At first glance, they look like EG6, only somewhat difference. Look slightly longer and you then realise the lights and bonnet are different. Look even longer and you find even more differences. But the funniest thing is some of 'em even put in the Honda red emblem. That takes longer to tell the difference- a red herring :_:

sr384

Known Member
Feb 14, 2006
go for civic bro.my bro used to drive satria before dis.but after im buyin a civic,he left his car behind and used to drive my car always as i went abroad.he said VTEC IS MORE POWERFUl n besides,he noticed a lot of chickas want to get near to him.haha

Daniel1688

500 RPM
Jun 23, 2005
PJ/KL
andy_coupe said:
Uh huh, I've seen some Satrias with Mirage bonnets and EG6 bumpers. At first glance, they look like EG6, only somewhat difference. Look slightly longer and you then realise the lights and bonnet are different. Look even longer and you find even more differences. But the funniest thing is some of 'em even put in the Honda red emblem. That takes longer to tell the difference- a red herring :_:
well....we cant deny that after 14 years the EG6 still looks good!

kRiminaLz

500 RPM
Aug 5, 2004
Docklands/SAlam
Visit site
wrong question in a wrong thread....
everybody will go for honda here....

well again, eg is a gud choice... but if its a satria neo, heh i'll choose the neo...
but still, if it is depend on this few criteria, look wise, power in a stock form, reputation wise heh, i'll take an Eg instead...

Pie_Wira_AB

Known Member
Oct 28, 2005
go for handa bro....coz i myself are going for EK next year....right now i'm driving a wira ab...thinking bout modding the wira ab...put mivec engine..etc...but no matter how much i mod it...i will always be a proton....so i think...why dont just i change to civic EK...surely i be more satisfied...and what more...''it's a honda''.....can't wait to get my EK early nex year....:)

kRiminaLz

500 RPM
Aug 5, 2004
Docklands/SAlam
Visit site
Pie_Wira_AB said:
go for handa bro....coz i myself are going for EK next year....right now i'm driving a wira ab...thinking bout modding the wira ab...put mivec engine..etc...but no matter how much i mod it...i will always be a proton....so i think...why dont just i change to civic EK...surely i be more satisfied...and what more...''it's a honda''.....can't wait to get my EK early nex year....:)

try to think positive...
be proud of the country n proud of what u drive.. dont la say "its only a proton"... hehehe..
owning a new honda has a different feeling than a 2nd hand ones, eventhough its still a honda... NO OFFENSE..

Pie_Wira_AB

Known Member
Oct 28, 2005
kRiminaLz said:
try to think positive...
be proud of the country n proud of what u drive.. dont la say "its only a proton"... hehehe..
owning a new honda has a different feeling than a 2nd hand ones, eventhough its still a honda... NO OFFENSE..

it's just people like to change the proton badge to mitsubishi....i mean...you should be proud of proton...why changed it...its like they are ashamed they are driving a proton...poor proton...even when the car is proton....people are always advertising other brands..dont know if there are some of honda owners changed their car badge to BMW or what so ever???and sure..maybe i buy some ek part from hattech-v if u can give me a good price :) ...just my 2 cent...no offence, i know there's a lot of people in zth do that ;p...hihi

Last edited:

matjun

Known Member
Mar 19, 2005
moon
www.hondaownwersclub.cjb.net
for me :

turbo : air compress manipulation + mechanical = not stable

vtec : electronic setting + mechanical = constant

u assume as : air compress = angin ribut = sometimes heavy/sometimes slow
: electronic setting = current in = current out = more stable

emm..havent u tries out b series with any turbo?

Daniel1688

500 RPM
Jun 23, 2005
PJ/KL
B series with turbo?still saving up for that! Been on a few vtec turbo and tell feelling is priceless!!!

kRiminaLz

500 RPM
Aug 5, 2004
Docklands/SAlam
Visit site
matjun said:
for me :

turbo : air compress manipulation + mechanical = not stable

vtec : electronic setting + mechanical = constant

u assume as : air compress = angin ribut = sometimes heavy/sometimes slow
: electronic setting = current in = current out = more stable

emm..havent u tries out b series with any turbo?

dude...
thats a gud FORMULA.....
hmm no wonder i prefer this than the old turbo... hehehe...
but abt the "G" feeling part, the vtec is not in advantage...

EGNINE

500 RPM
Jan 8, 2006
i own SGTi now after letting go my EG9, my personel opinion is even the EG is 14 years old and my SGTi is 5 years old... i still prefer EG handling and driving pleasure....in satria u'll feel the sit position too high from EG sit position....in term of engine power...i don't think 4g93 can beat b16a...4g93 power range from 4k to 6.5k only while B16a 4k to 8.5k... another issue is 14years old car with old component and hard driving and revving sure cannot tahan 170hp...but for normal driving the chassis can withstand the pressure i think heheh.. but overall SGTi is not a bad car.... my personel experience.....for anyone who says 'it's only a proton' , please respect other people who own Proton... it not about the car u own.. but also the money you have... if u own 2nd EF or EG doesn't mean u are more richer and better than people who own 1'st hand PV6 or Waja...sorry for being too emosional heheheh,.. anyway i really missed Vtec feeling.. selamat hari raya

aalto

Known Member
Dec 31, 2004
just my opinion............if u're thinking of getting an EG.....better to look for an original EG6 rather than a EG3, EH convert....might be the same body but the feeling is different.....EG6 chasis feels more stiffer and stabil with the B16a engine. Just from my own experience......i've tested converts and original EG6, they dont feel the same .usually the rigidity of the body from welds,joints differ with the engine model,manufactures do this to cut cost and create better handling with top of the line models........... and 1 last remark...because its an old car better u go for the original EG6 coz it still has value....loan can go higher than converts......that is if u can find one.......i was lucky enough to get one in quite good condition a while back....just be patient...........still feels great driving it....

If u want to go for satria and convert to turbo or whatever......i recommend SGti body....coz more rigid chassis than other models......

Just my opinion.....

shiroitenshi

3,000 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
If rigid chassis is what people are after.. I wonder how many people 'sanggup' drive a spot welded car chassis? NVH can throw out the window oh!

And even if like aalto said, sure, the chassis are welded extra for strength, but it's replicate-able on lower end chassis, provided you're willing to spend the dosh.

Anyway, I like the sGTI.. it would have been a good choice if I was going to go the forced induction route for power... done up properly, I think it'd be a contender as a sports compact.

Thing is.. most people ruined the image of the proton brand by sticking many, many, many mitsubishi stickers. With some even diluting it with spoon, TRD, mugen, blizt, jun tuning, etc. etc.... :rolleyes:
The new neo looks nothing like from the mitsubishi stable, and I like it a lot.. I wonder what kind of engine you can put inside with minimal mods... anyone heard of a boosted satria neo? (looks + power) :P

That actually makes me avoid proton brand like a plague more than it's well-known power windows. :P

Last edited:

alvin3666

Nov 3, 2006
dude..come join honda.
used Vtec's feeling damn good.
satria just cool for their out look oni..
dun kenal tipu..

budin99

Known Member
Mar 19, 2006
I just saw a Satria with Vtec LEV sticker in Mersing last few week (Raya taim). make me smile.

And..just found that my freind using Honda Primo sticker on his Iswara A/B :)