Drive a Honda Civic Eg/EK Must Read!

E-Tech

Jun 28, 2005
Johor
thx for yr fast response.

if remove J1, there is solid (no error code) the CEL won't go off but the main relay was clicked after 2 sec like normal.
i run p27 on D16Y sohc (non-vtec)

i hv run out of idea how to solve this.
Car can start but how is the idling?
Can rev pass 3500 rpm?

shiroitenshi

3,000 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
Bro E-Tech, on PT2 Accord ECU, where is the IC17 located? because in this ECU, layout totally different, so I can't find it. But tracing from A7, followed it to ZQ17.

Just want to confirm before I solder in a replacement.

E-Tech

Jun 28, 2005
Johor
Bro E-Tech, on PT2 Accord ECU, where is the IC17 located? because in this ECU, layout totally different, so I can't find it. But tracing from A7, followed it to ZQ17.

Just want to confirm before I solder in a replacement.
Sorry no PT2 onhand to confirm but is zq17 TA8903SN? Yes then shoud be correct.

shiroitenshi

3,000 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
Sorry no PT2 onhand to confirm but is zq17 TA8903SN? Yes then shoud be correct.
No, this board doesn't use the TA8903SN power supervisor ic.
In fact that was the component i looked for first before tracing the A7 back to ZQ17.
The board has nothing in common with the normal P08 b/d series ecu.

Just though i'd try fixing it since encountered the same problem before in B/D series ecu.
Its late, so i guess i'll try checking the part to see what it actually does tommorow. Thanks for the reply.

E-Tech

Jun 28, 2005
Johor
1. there are rough idle.
2. have not tried yet, i think it can't pass 3500.

thx you..
You hv a broken connection sonewhere....u need to check back all the areas you have done work on.....

thinnaph

Jul 12, 2012
bkk
You hv a broken connection sonewhere....u need to check back all the areas you have done work on.....
Not solved yet, still got solid cell. :bawling:
double checked all trace again, not see any abnormal.
can you specific the area that i have to inspect?

note that the P27 ecu is quite same as P28 but it is no VTEC.

Big thank.. e-tech

E-Tech

Jun 28, 2005
Johor
Not solved yet, still got solid cell. :bawling:
double checked all trace again, not see any abnormal.
can you specific the area that i have to inspect?

note that the P27 ecu is quite same as P28 but it is no VTEC.

Big thank.. e-tech

Bro...
Email me some good pictures...
[email protected]

spoon civic

Known Member
Jul 12, 2012
terengganu
Hi all...
Hope this scares'' you so that you will take preventive action before it happens to your ECU.
If you drive a civic EG or EK most possible you have a ECU in your car with the code P27, 28, P08, or P30.

I have repaired about 10 honda civic ecu with this type of problem..
This write up is on a ecu P30 which I had to repair for a friend's workshop customer's car... last saturday nite...

Lucky it was detected before any major mishap occured... A capacitor (C27) in the ecu leaked and cause a short burning a hole in the ecu..

Pls see attached picture for clearer info and take action on yours.... TQ and do thank me too.:biggrin:
one question,if this part problem..what are the eccfect while we are driving?or maybe check light engine will on at tachometer?or engine knockign or what sym[htom that we can detect this capacitor problem?

---------- Post added at 01:14 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:14 PM ----------

Hi all...
Hope this scares'' you so that you will take preventive action before it happens to your ECU.
If you drive a civic EG or EK most possible you have a ECU in your car with the code P27, 28, P08, or P30.

I have repaired about 10 honda civic ecu with this type of problem..
This write up is on a ecu P30 which I had to repair for a friend's workshop customer's car... last saturday nite...

Lucky it was detected before any major mishap occured... A capacitor (C27) in the ecu leaked and cause a short burning a hole in the ecu..

Pls see attached picture for clearer info and take action on yours.... TQ and do thank me too.:biggrin:
one question,if this part problem..what are the effect while we are driving?or maybe check light engine will on at tachometer?or engine knockign or what sym[htom that we can detect this capacitor problem?

E-Tech

Jun 28, 2005
Johor
Actual worst case senario... big cap leak and short or circuit broken.... becomes hot and burnt a hole
on the ecu pcb. Car stink from the smell of burnt pcb. Car cannot start.

Others will be like poor idling or engine check light comes on....

Oct 9, 2012
Penang
I have experience quite same case for my P30 | ECU. The capacitor leaked and the trace is burn. This cause vtec sometimes on and off. My friend help me replace the cap and luckily it still works.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hello everyone. Hope you maestros can help me with this one. The problem with the aircond is the cars idling becomes rough and jerky (like racing cam) when aircond on. However this only happens sometimes but can be quite irritating :angry: . My car is a Wira 1.6 MIVEC auto.
Any suggestions, recommendations to solve the problem. Any good aircon workshop in Klang Valley. Thanks in advance. :) .
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience