central locking not working properly

zephyr3d

3,000 RPM
Apr 29, 2005
near steven's
My central locking just went kookoo already.... everything is still working fine, the anti-hijack, impact sensors, alarm.. foot brake lock, etc...

but the central locking just can't work if i manually unlock fr the door lock button.. u know.. when i pull the lever on the driver side, it should normally unlock all doors rite? or vice versa if i push down the lever, it should lock all doors..

it doesn't work liao.. i have to unlock all doors via my remote (when the engine is running). I mean .. itz no big deal la, but sometimes i don't want to arm the alarm when i park at home.... like manually key lock it... i can't do it.. coz lets say i manual lock, i have to push down all 4 lever manually.

it happened after i relocate the alarm module.... i check all the wiring and fuse.. should be ok.. so i wonder what happened.

if wanna say the lock gun is spoilt.. but no.. coz i can still do the foot brake, and unlock via remote..

any idea what happened? or u're all lost reading my post. hahahaha.

trex92

500 RPM
Aug 10, 2004
KL
Visit site
okay, since if u use alarm, the central locking still works hence ur central locking device is 100% okay. Now there are 2 possibilities:-

1. From the door lock to the central locking there should be a signal wire (maybe through the lock gun) so that central locking would activate based on that signal. So problem might be with this signal ie, ur lock gun might be dead and not giving the signal.

2. In relocating ur alarm module, you might have accidentally loosen the wire for the central locking signal from the door lock. I think this is ur highest probability since u said this problem arised right after u relocated ur alarm module.

good luck...

zephyr3d

3,000 RPM
Apr 29, 2005
near steven's
Anfield said:
trex 92
ow about without alarm?is it same problem wit no 1?
trex.. thankz for the reply.. will check that.

but i'm curious is that if there is a problem wit the signal wire to the gun... then the central locking shouldn't work at all rite? but mine, it works, if i lock/unlock fr the footbrake and remote...

just tat it doesn't work when i manually lock, like from keyturn or pushing the lever.

trex92

500 RPM
Aug 10, 2004
KL
Visit site
Anfield said:
trex 92
ow about without alarm?is it same problem wit no 1?
hmmm.. it is hard to say coz in zephyrd case the central locking can still operate by the alarm. Central locking unit and alarm modules are actually separate things but are linked in a way the the alarm is connected to central locking ang gives signal to central locking to lock or unlock. Another input for the central locking would be the door lock itself, a central lock switch or a brake pedal (or handbrake) switch.

How is ur case like? Totally no central locking?

trex92

500 RPM
Aug 10, 2004
KL
Visit site
zephyr3d said:
trex.. thankz for the reply.. will check that.

but i'm curious is that if there is a problem wit the signal wire to the gun... then the central locking shouldn't work at all rite? but mine, it works, if i lock/unlock fr the footbrake and remote...

just tat it doesn't work when i manually lock, like from keyturn or pushing the lever.
as i just mention the above reply, the central lock unit has a few inputs:-

1. from alarm module
2. from driver door lock lever
3. central lock switch (on/off like those present in satrias and putra)
4. brake pedal or handbrake (not those countdown lock type).

So i suspect the ur problem lies in No. 2. Either the signal has been broken or the central lock gun for ur driver's door is already spoilt. Btw, wat y mean by keyturn? How does the central lock kicks in with the keyturn? Is it from a countdown or it locks immediately when u turn the key?

zephyr3d

3,000 RPM
Apr 29, 2005
near steven's
icc.. ok i got what u mean. Will take a look later..

keyturn, meaning u lock your door using the key turn loh, instead of the remote. By right, if u use key to lock the doors, it will lock all doors together right? like manually pushing down the lever, but u lock fr outside, so u use the keys loh.

nvm.. i'll take a look again. Thankz!

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

allu guys...
i'm looking for cheap turbo timer ( RM50 - RM100)
anybody have fizz turbo timer?
what is the price
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience