Carburetor Section

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

unknown1x

Known Member
Sep 26, 2006
seriously guys.. i think we better request for a brand new carb section instead of one post.. its gettimg dizzy! so many question so many answerS 1

rex82

Oct 30, 2006
I turn the screw at the right hand side of the engine 4g15.The nut is facing me and i turn it to clockwise.I still dunno wat happen.When i drive at afternoon open up the air-cond my car seem like pressing the fuel coz my RPM at 1.5 to 2k :(

nitrus

2,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2005
aik rex82 .. i think u go adjust the aircond-on idle screw la ..

not any screw can smiply go adjust wan leh...

rex82

Oct 30, 2006
The air cond idle screw i go turn clockwise and i face in front of engine that mean i turn right.

The aircond off idle screww i got turn a bit left and right andd now i know i mess it all up liao.I feel my car no power oledi tim :(

Now when my air cond off my car RPM at 1k and when on my air cond my RPM will be at 0.8.At night my car engine not so hot but the RPM totally different liao.

Do i need to send to mechanic to tune it?

nitrus

2,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2005
hehehee rex82 i think u say ur car no power is in ur mind only.. :biggrin:

yeah juz bring to mech la ask them tune for u back .. they wont charge wan la i think this small thing ... go to ur regular mech la .. then u learn from there..

and i have to tell u something... this fstrader ar, is actually the real sifo .. he is too humble .. all the things that i am trying to "preach" actually all he teach me punya muahahahhaaa!!!

justlikeu

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2005
Subang Jaya
wei wei... my 1.5 manual carbie full tank can go 470km till the indicator light show up... so izzit good? hehe...

yewjunyan

Known Member
Jun 19, 2006
Hey sifu..may u all share some idea with me?..my car just did a complete overhaul, change to standart over-size piston..since they bore my selinder to 50mm larger...now adays i can hear the knocking sound from the engine...i check the timing advance, it's just fine..10degreeBTDC..and the a/f is normal..2.8% Co reading...now im wondering,after changing the piston, issit causing the compression ratio too high? which mean higher that original spec resulting in engine knocking?

yewjunyan

Known Member
Jun 19, 2006
my car is wira1.5 carburator engine..my friend said can increase the pick up of my car by tunning a/f to slightly rich setting...issit true? thanks for any comment given by sifo:)

fstr

7,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Apr 19, 2004
Sahara Desert
dats good to hear someone did da same thing as mine, ur pinging/knocking sound u need to ask ur mech to reset the tappet clearance, yes comp will be higher, no nid to worry bout that...have been using mine for the past 6 months..no problem at all, but word of advise, do not push ur engine to the limit now...after 1st oil change only go all out.

nitrus

2,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2005
actually ar.. when u guys say engine knocking or pinging ... how exactly it sounds like wan ar? i hear ppl talk about it so many times i still not sure how it sounds like ..

yewjunyan

Known Member
Jun 19, 2006
Thanx for ur best advice uncle fred:) i just check my piston compression.. its around 11.5-12 psi..issit ok?...erm, original spec is 10psi? not sure bout it....erm, sifo fred mentioned bout setting on tapet clearance have to be tighten? ok, tomoro i gl to set it:) uncle fred put how much timing advance for best performance? i wish to put that setting also after 1st change oil :)

yewjunyan

Known Member
Jun 19, 2006
Nitrus, knocking sound is 'TIAK TIAK TIAK' sound from engine while u accelerate under heavy load such as full throater on 5th gear at low speed, and also usually heard while start moving on 1st gear where u need lots of torque from ur engine....the knocking sound will be obvious while the engine is hot....erm, this wat happend on my engine...4g15...have to reset the tappet clearance as wat sifo fred taught me.....hehe..

rex82

Oct 30, 2006
Sifo can intro some mech that near KL.Nearby my house i dun trust them.

Yesterday brought to them they say is normal :(

Sifo pls help me!!!

unknown1x

Known Member
Sep 26, 2006
hmm i was wondering.. i remember reading somewhere about changing to high flow air filter = need to retune the a/f ration? anyone can help me about this?

XtasyM

Known Member
Jun 28, 2006
sifu ... some ques ...
1. will the presence of knocking sound affect power of engine ?? and ...
2. wat is tappet clearance ?? or mayb wat is tappet anyway ??
3. how a mech reset the clearance ??
4. will inaccurate af ratio cause knocking sound ??

thx

cipan_supercas

1,500 RPM
Feb 4, 2004
Shah Alam
www.draxecu.com
XtasyM said:
sifu ... some ques ...
1. will the presence of knocking sound affect power of engine ?? and ...
2. wat is tappet clearance ?? or mayb wat is tappet anyway ??
3. how a mech reset the clearance ??
4. will inaccurate af ratio cause knocking sound ??

thx
1. Yes. That knock just indicate that your tuning are over the line. Your engine will destroy eventually. If you are using high powered engine or turbo, your dooms day will be sooner or even immediate.

2. That is the clearance between the rocker finger and the valve. This clearance is essential to give a relief to the valves and making sure that it's shut close with the exertion of the valves springs tension.

3. They use spanners and screwdrivers and a feeler gauge set. However, hydraulic lifters have no tappet clearance to be set.

4. Indirectly yes but knock are directly related to the setting of the ignition timing.

cheers.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

i gt a problem with my aircond,everytime i on my ac,sure hve sound 1...izzit my belt lose already?or need grease?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience