can anyone pls tell me...!!

Originally posted by jwrx+Jan 20 2005, 08:46 --></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (jwrx @ Jan 20 2005, 08:46 )</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by kher@Jan 20 2005, 01:52
<!--QuoteBegin-jwrx
@Jan 20 2005, 01:08
there is a diference between an anti-lag system(misfiring system) and a turbo car running rich resulting in flames from the exhaust.

anti-lag system(misfiring system)  is an engine management technique that allows to minimize the turbo lag time. When the driver lifts his foot from the gas pedal the ignition  timing is altered with delay (retard) and the intake air and fuel supply mixture is made richer...basically when the driver lifts off..the ECU is still feeding fuel into the cylinders..this is used in WRC to keep the turbo on boost..

What u see in Kl where flames come out of turbo cars is normaly just BADLY tuned cars running a rich mixture, it doesnt add power or help with turbo lag, in fact its damn bad fo rthe car cos the exhaust system is not meant to take these sort of high temps and stress

thank u sifu... wanted to know the answer so long alr.
answers i always get is by installing those 2f2f gadgets ur exhaust will spit fire. <_<

but i'm sure WRC fellows will not even bother to play wif those stuffs n yet thier cars spit fire.

anyway... wanted to ask something bout turbo. i hav a fren who told me his fren race all the way up to genting wif his turbo car n when he openned his bonnet he saw red manifold. after not long engine condemn.... really ah so easy condemn??? :o
There are gadgets like "spitfire", "kingdragon" stuff like that that will let u spit fire from your exhaust..but its for show only and waste of fuel...its like putting on a fake audio BOV jsut for the "psshhhttt"....

I have always felt that ppl shouldnt waste money on things like that..surbo lar, fuel magnet, super filter, powermax, cyclone, spitfire..all those stupid waste of money devices..save up and buy a better car.

Having red hot manifolds is quite normal..for example if I go for a long drive and park in a dark area and open my bonnet...my turbo and manifold would be glowing red hot..bright enough to read :D

your fren engine..could be alot of other things that killed it...modern turbo cars are quite reliable if well taken care of. [/b][/quote]
jwrx,
kinda agree with u.
alwiz from my appartment, i can see one dude playing with firedragon thing. the fire can reach 2-3 length.

no offence to firedragon users, but it is total waste of petrol n it is dangerous!!! imagine tat dude didnt realise there is a motorcyclist at his back? tat fellow will b bbq ed.

somemore those misfiring system, fire from the exhaust is short n fast, like a flash oni.

Top Bottom