can anyone pls tell me...!!

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

topracing_01

Dec 25, 2003
how come some turbo car , when they off throttle , their exhaust got fire came out de ?? izzit miss fire-ing sistem or wat ??

kenshin

<3 My Lil Honda
Dec 17, 2004
Penang , M'sia
www.kenshin2.tk
Mm. Not sure but i saw an AD on some MAG , which sells this kind of gadget . around 250 like dat . It works juz like the skyline Bryan was driving in 2f2f (in the starting scene where he's called to race wif those "DEEP-POCKET" dudes) :) Hope this explains well . Cheers :)

mafia_boyz

Known Member
Dec 9, 2004
Visit site
there is this gadget call flame kit.. where i can be install in any car.... the kit consist of a spark pug some wiring... i on/off switch and little mod to make some petrol to leak down your exhaust... then voila there you go... flame...

however in turbo car... which are WOT... well over tune.. running super rich in their combustion... and without cat convertors, un burn feul would be suck into the uppipe and to the downpipe..
you might be asking why no flame in up pipe.. why only at the back box.. this is why... when the petrol is near the back box.. there is more air to burn therefore.. vapour from petrol is ignite from the heat from the echaust pipe mix with air.. then got flame lor...

this is what i think... happen to my WRX.... might be wrong.. still learning.. dun flame me.. hehe..

whatdamn

1,000 RPM
Sep 29, 2004
Cheras, KL, Mal
those 250 gadgets are push button ones.

misfiring system could also lead to that or even normal NA cars if running lean(more petrol than oxygen one) then wehn lift of throttle will lead to combustion in the exhaust piping itself.

someone correct me?

whatdamn

1,000 RPM
Sep 29, 2004
Cheras, KL, Mal
haha kenshin it's ok :D we're all here to learn and correct misconceptions we may have heard from our friends-friends-friends-friends....hahah u get the idea.

simonchangwaimun

1,500 RPM
Nov 21, 2003
Cheras
teamshadowrider.multiply.com
some are really misfiring
ECU controlled...

topracing_01

Dec 25, 2003
ok ..thx all sif here......now I only know how come will have fire come out liao...hehe ...coz sometime me n my fren always simply guess..so I decide 2 ask all sifu here loh...anyways thx u all .. ^^

lekalo

500 RPM
Mar 4, 2004
TTDI
Visit site
Originally posted by whatdamn@Jan 5 2005, 00:14
those 250 gadgets are push button ones.

misfiring system could also lead to that or even normal NA cars if running lean(more petrol than oxygen one) then wehn lift of throttle will lead to combustion in the exhaust piping itself.

someone correct me?
Can I correct you there?
Lean = more AIR, less PETROL.
If I read correctly, you're referring to RICH tune.

TQ.

k3nny

Known Member
Oct 10, 2004
Lean = More Air, Less Petrol.

Rich = More Petrol, Less Air.

Normally when fire comes out the exhaust, and not like 2f2f, like a pop, its usually running RICH

lozo

500 RPM
Sep 26, 2004
Petaling Jaya
Visit site
off throttle, a moment where the mixture gets very rich, and no throttle occurs, the mixture gets sucked into the exhaust pipe, creating a combustion in the exhaust pipe...

just my 2 cents..heh

jwrx

Known Member
Apr 29, 2004
Visit site
there is a diference between an anti-lag system(misfiring system) and a turbo car running rich resulting in flames from the exhaust.

anti-lag system(misfiring system) is an engine management technique that allows to minimize the turbo lag time. When the driver lifts his foot from the gas pedal the ignition timing is altered with delay (retard) and the intake air and fuel supply mixture is made richer...basically when the driver lifts off..the ECU is still feeding fuel into the cylinders..this is used in WRC to keep the turbo on boost..

What u see in Kl where flames come out of turbo cars is normaly just BADLY tuned cars running a rich mixture, it doesnt add power or help with turbo lag, in fact its damn bad fo rthe car cos the exhaust system is not meant to take these sort of high temps and stress

E V O L U T I O N

Known Member
Aug 6, 2004
everything about turbo cars is just cool!

boggysv

2,000 RPM
Sep 7, 2004
Originally posted by jwrx@Jan 20 2005, 01:08
there is a diference between an anti-lag system(misfiring system) and a turbo car running rich resulting in flames from the exhaust.

anti-lag system(misfiring system) is an engine management technique that allows to minimize the turbo lag time. When the driver lifts his foot from the gas pedal the ignition timing is altered with delay (retard) and the intake air and fuel supply mixture is made richer...basically when the driver lifts off..the ECU is still feeding fuel into the cylinders..this is used in WRC to keep the turbo on boost..

What u see in Kl where flames come out of turbo cars is normaly just BADLY tuned cars running a rich mixture, it doesnt add power or help with turbo lag, in fact its damn bad fo rthe car cos the exhaust system is not meant to take these sort of high temps and stress
dun forget the JGTC cars :lol:
damm loud

kher

1,500 RPM
Aug 30, 2004
Klang, Selangor
Visit site
Originally posted by jwrx@Jan 20 2005, 01:08

thank u sifu... wanted to know the answer so long alr.
answers i always get is by installing those 2f2f gadgets ur exhaust will spit fire. <_<

but i'm sure WRC fellows will not even bother to play wif those stuffs n yet thier cars spit fire.

anyway... wanted to ask something bout turbo. i hav a fren who told me his fren race all the way up to genting wif his turbo car n when he openned his bonnet he saw red manifold. after not long engine condemn.... really ah so easy condemn??? :o

boggysv

2,000 RPM
Sep 7, 2004
maybe ur fren straight shut off the engine?
or he poured water on the engine to cool it?

jwrx

Known Member
Apr 29, 2004
Visit site
Originally posted by kher+Jan 20 2005, 01:52 --></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (kher @ Jan 20 2005, 01:52 )</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-jwrx@Jan 20 2005, 01:08

thank u sifu... wanted to know the answer so long alr.
answers i always get is by installing those 2f2f gadgets ur exhaust will spit fire. <_<

but i'm sure WRC fellows will not even bother to play wif those stuffs n yet thier cars spit fire.

anyway... wanted to ask something bout turbo. i hav a fren who told me his fren race all the way up to genting wif his turbo car n when he openned his bonnet he saw red manifold. after not long engine condemn.... really ah so easy condemn??? :o [/b][/quote]
There are gadgets like "spitfire", "kingdragon" stuff like that that will let u spit fire from your exhaust..but its for show only and waste of fuel...its like putting on a fake audio BOV jsut for the "psshhhttt"....

I have always felt that ppl shouldnt waste money on things like that..surbo lar, fuel magnet, super filter, powermax, cyclone, spitfire..all those stupid waste of money devices..save up and buy a better car.

Having red hot manifolds is quite normal..for example if I go for a long drive and park in a dark area and open my bonnet...my turbo and manifold would be glowing red hot..bright enough to read :D

your fren engine..could be alot of other things that killed it...modern turbo cars are quite reliable if well taken care of.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hello frenz & sifu's,

I want to replace my Perdana V6 aircond system with the digital eterna aircond system and evo 3 aircond compressor installation.Did anyone can suggest me the workshop (good workshop with good servicing and reasonable charge) to installed the full set of eterna digital aircond controller with all the wiring (complete set).

For info, I've already buy all the "complete stuff".Just need someone to "pasang itu barang" and make the "aircond sejuk tahap beku".Now I'm...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience