Campro Turbocharge

boyzone

2,000 RPM
Mar 13, 2005
Guys,

Hear that Proton new campro engine will go to turbocharge, is it correct?

Btw,
can we BOT on existing campro engine ? what is the package cost?
Any idea?

Pls share...Thanks

Ooi Choon Chiet

Oct 22, 2008
Kuala Lumpur
hi, i'm a campro owner oso cps version...haha...my fren bolt on a turbo onto its ori campro n it js blow afta a short driv from d shop tat install d turbo...he said tat his crankshaft went wrong n kill his block...i dunno y coz nt a pro oso...jz tellin u my experience bt i oso heard d rumours tat proton is plannin 2 release campro turbo in 2010...btw nw my fren is using mivec turbo in his gen-2 n enjoy driving it...:rolleyes:

Mar 21, 2008
LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

Long live protonheads

NFS

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
whats with the LOL bro??

:)

anything wrong being a protonhead?

NFS

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
boyzone, nowdays every car can be turbocharged ... its only a matter of tuning ... and reliable workshop ...

as about poor taste ... i can say that it is subjective ... beauty is in the eye of beholder :)

heyy I started out with proton and now driving a honda ... i surely did not condemned others driving Proton ... either do i condemned others driving a nissan or toyota ...

as long as you have the desire to mod ... than be it ... :)

Happy modding and experimenting bro!

aoinatsume

Sep 3, 2008
theres lots of BOT campro around, and campro definately do have lots of potential. However, do remember to stay with moderate boost unless you have your internals done up nicely. With everything stock, its not recommended to go above 0.4 bars of boost. Boost higher once you have replaced your pistons/conrods, headgasket etc etc.

On average, most BOT campro with 0.4bar could achieve approx 160-170hp on wheels.

mrafif

Known Member
Mar 1, 2007
theres lots of BOT campro around, and campro definately do have lots of potential. However, do remember to stay with moderate boost unless you have your internals done up nicely. With everything stock, its not recommended to go above 0.4 bars of boost. Boost higher once you have replaced your pistons/conrods, headgasket etc etc.

On average, most BOT campro with 0.4bar could achieve approx 160-170hp on wheels.
woah.. its already too much power for campro engine.. :proud:

boyzone

2,000 RPM
Mar 13, 2005
So, it mean optimum boost for campro stock engine is 0.4bar?:confused:

amad108..

Known Member
Jul 27, 2004
it seams right, coz it's internal parts not design for turbo usage, so it just can handle boost 0.4bar only... but that only produce 160-170hp, quite impressive n remarkable result coz just 0.4bar boost only...
keep the modification spirit goes on...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

yesterday my frontscreen has been kissed by batu that makes my frontscreen cracks(just small cracks but who knows i will grow bigger):cry_smile:

any suggestion?

do i need to replace it or just repair it?how much it will cost..my location is kajang
and good shop that can fix it..

so sad rite now...need help
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience