Beaks Bars

Swifterific

Jan 21, 2014
What's the function of it? i've seen many wiras and hondas having that bulky metal bar under their cars. Does it replace the beam or does it only support it?

i kinda want one for my car too... :biggrin:

Beaks makes for Hondas. If your car isn't a Honda it's a fake bar. And I don't think we have an official Beaks distributor in Malaysia anyway (I could be wrong).

Generally the idea is to lighten the lower arm while retaining it's rigidity. The other function of the original Beaks bar is to support the antiroll bar as well but this is specifically for I think the Acura/Integra DC5.. but I could be wrong.

Those aluminum ones you see for Wiras and all that crap is dangerous to use as they aren't designed for high impact driving, ie-potholed roads and crap. Too much impact will snap the bar and it's been known to happen already. What's more people use the ASR bar with the Beaks bar and it makes the car super lower (not the car height, just the bar is low) which'll scrape anything.

What's the function of it? i've seen many wiras and hondas having that bulky metal bar under their cars. Does it replace the beam or does it only support it?

just for show....

that 2 point the things connected (or strengthen) was already the hardest,strongest part of a chassis which hold strongest point to bolt the lower arm....

that chasis on the area already made from the thickest metal in any car....

so...adding fancy alloy bar is just pure show.... :banghead:

another different item is alloy lower arm....reliability/strength factor i didnt know...better off with stock oem or chrome-moly group A racing lower arm instead...

Swifterific

Jan 21, 2014
To me its just for show.
doesnt look strong enough for support.
Beaks makes for Hondas. If your car isn't a Honda it's a fake bar. And I don't think we have an official Beaks distributor in Malaysia anyway (I could be wrong).

Generally the idea is to lighten the lower arm while retaining it's rigidity. The other function of the original Beaks bar is to support the antiroll bar as well but this is specifically for I think the Acura/Integra DC5.. but I could be wrong.

Those aluminum ones you see for Wiras and all that crap is dangerous to use as they aren't designed for high impact driving, ie-potholed roads and crap. Too much impact will snap the bar and it's been known to happen already. What's more people use the ASR bar with the Beaks bar and it makes the car super lower (not the car height, just the bar is low) which'll scrape anything.
just for show....
that 2 point the things connected (or strengthen) was already the hardest,strongest part of a chassis which hold strongest point to bolt the lower arm....
that chasis on the area already made from the thickest metal in any car....
so...adding fancy alloy bar is just pure show.... :banghead:
another different item is alloy lower arm....reliability/strength factor i didnt know...better off with stock oem or chrome-moly group A racing lower arm instead...
whoa.. i really thought it has some sort of function to the car. so its a waste of money AND dangerous. huh. What about ultra racing? are they any good?

Yup, seen some snapped ones.....
story time! :biggrin:

KenDiriwan

Mar 15, 2006
kendiriwan.multiply.com
Generally 90%+ on street are fake. There are even fake for Hondas.
Why uses fake? Because genuine ones easily cost you a thousand at minimum. There are Beaks, Function7 etc...

Some comparison from Function7 :
http://www.function7.com/warning

whoa.. i really thought it has some sort of function to the car. so its a waste of money AND dangerous. huh. What about ultra racing? are they any good?

story time! :biggrin:
The ur bar which connect the 2 center lower arm nut does not have improvement.i have it on my waja and it does not seem to improve anything.its just a magnet for other wannabe to cucuk u from behind.

Even those lower arms these days sold at some accesories shop are immitation......looks like anodized aluminium, but they are too soft ( i dont think it has been tested) too dangerous to be used...

Any accident happen, I bet the insurance company will happily say "sorry, U r not covered, becoz you used fake stuff". On top of that, you gonna get sued for causing accident.

Sticker is gaya and they are generally OK (worst would be kutuk or jeers from fellow ZTH members)
But using ciplak barang that subjected to road stress.....you are inviting trouble...

It pays to do some of your own research la dude.

UR makes their stuff out of solid steel. And they don't make lower arms, just bars. I don't know if the UR equivalent bar is any good, I've never used it.

mADmAN

the Beaks bar on its own acts as a lower tie bar... to help strengthen the chassis... it doesnt replace anything...but the design is pretty weak... so ppl install it more for bling...

but the bar + a subframe brace (eg ASR) becomes absolutely useless and just for adding weight as well as bling.. bcoz the subframe brace does a better job at strengthening the subframe than any other lower tie bar. and when it comes to ASR+beaks... u actually mount the beaks ON the ASR... rendering it useless other than bling.

and just as an FYI... the subframe braces and beaks (as well as those bling lower control arms)... are made for hondas.. non honda=fake....actually most in the country is fake..very minimal original ones here coz the fakes are so cheap and works pretty decently for its true intended purpose.

correct about the honda and the distributor although ppl can just order the thing online

lighten? lower arm? with the beaks and subframe brace like ASR... lower arm is not involved...no lightening.. the thing is an add on.. not a replacement...unless ur talking about them Lower Control Arms.. yes, those are replacement and meant to lighten (beaks no LCA though)... although the weight difference is actually negligible.. another possible reason to install is the bushings on aftermarket arms may improve handling... BUT... ALOT of aftermarket brands of LCA have sucky bushings... even ori brand use shitty bushings... like my ori Blox... 6 months koyak... and this is generally happening with other users as well...so far the only recommended brand to get is Function7... and im talking ori...costing 1k+... and hardrace for bang for buck (both brands only have for honda) if improving handling is the concern, then replacing the stock bushings on stock LCAs would be more beneficial cost wise.. FYI, ori Skunk2 arms also has a reputation for sucky bushings

no its not for the anti roll bar... beaks is a lower tie bar.. thats it... the anti roll bar would be the subframe braces...such as the ASR....why need a brace? to prevent the subframe tearing when using thick anti roll bars.. so actually using the ASR without ARB is also pretty pointless.

snapping? ive never seen a Beaks tie bar snap before... unless again, ur talking about the Lower Control Arms then yes... those that snapped are local brands like zerone and velocity and password AP and also the fake skunk2 etc... actually...fake skunk2 lasts better than the local brands LOL.

my car has these.. except the Beaks...

ori Blox LCA-got these coz i havent really done my research on LCAs... after buying only found out and thought dammit! hahahah....but ive replaced my bushings with custom Soft PU bushings from a forumer here. so ada guna jugak laaaaaaa hahah

fake ASR subframe brace... got this coz i was running larger than stock ARB... stock is 16mm..was running 19mm Ultra Racing (which is actually still ok), then now on 23mm ARB which can tear my subframe out....so my install of these actually got function oso la...hahaha

Finally a truly insane Honda fanatic has come in to correct us all on our erroneous ways.

Cheers Banshee!

Swifterific

Jan 21, 2014
the Beaks bar on its own acts as a lower tie bar... to help strengthen the chassis... it doesnt replace anything...but the design is pretty weak... so ppl install it more for bling...

but the bar + a subframe brace (eg ASR) becomes absolutely useless and just for adding weight as well as bling.. bcoz the subframe brace does a better job at strengthening the subframe than any other lower tie bar. and when it comes to ASR+beaks... u actually mount the beaks ON the ASR... rendering it useless other than bling.

and just as an FYI... the subframe braces and beaks (as well as those bling lower control arms)... are made for hondas.. non honda=fake....actually most in the country is fake..very minimal original ones here coz the fakes are so cheap and works pretty decently for its true intended purpose.

correct about the honda and the distributor although ppl can just order the thing online

lighten? lower arm? with the beaks and subframe brace like ASR... lower arm is not involved...no lightening.. the thing is an add on.. not a replacement...unless ur talking about them Lower Control Arms.. yes, those are replacement and meant to lighten (beaks no LCA though)... although the weight difference is actually negligible.. another possible reason to install is the bushings on aftermarket arms may improve handling... BUT... ALOT of aftermarket brands of LCA have sucky bushings... even ori brand use shitty bushings... like my ori Blox... 6 months koyak... and this is generally happening with other users as well...so far the only recommended brand to get is Function7... and im talking ori...costing 1k+... and hardrace for bang for buck (both brands only have for honda) if improving handling is the concern, then replacing the stock bushings on stock LCAs would be more beneficial cost wise.. FYI, ori Skunk2 arms also has a reputation for sucky bushings

no its not for the anti roll bar... beaks is a lower tie bar.. thats it... the anti roll bar would be the subframe braces...such as the ASR....why need a brace? to prevent the subframe tearing when using thick anti roll bars.. so actually using the ASR without ARB is also pretty pointless.

snapping? ive never seen a Beaks tie bar snap before... unless again, ur talking about the Lower Control Arms then yes... those that snapped are local brands like zerone and velocity and password AP and also the fake skunk2 etc... actually...fake skunk2 lasts better than the local brands LOL.

my car has these.. except the Beaks...

ori Blox LCA-got these coz i havent really done my research on LCAs... after buying only found out and thought dammit! hahahah....but ive replaced my bushings with custom Soft PU bushings from a forumer here. so ada guna jugak laaaaaaa hahah

fake ASR subframe brace... got this coz i was running larger than stock ARB... stock is 16mm..was running 19mm Ultra Racing (which is actually still ok), then now on 23mm ARB which can tear my subframe out....so my install of these actually got function oso la...hahaha
woot thanks for the in depth explanation! definitely saving this comment if i get myself a honda.

--

so based on all these great comments, what i learnt is that dont cucuk non-honda cars with beaks bars or brightly colored lower control arms then. :rofl:

hi there...all i jz wanna know where is the fuel pump for wira se located?......is it the things is the black color near the brake pump upper the stereng rack mounted at the body of the car?...

can anyone show me where is it located?.....can i anyone show me the pics of where is it located..

my question is if change it to a high presure fuel pump would it increase the performance of the car?.....

ideal if instal the fuel pressure regualtor? (FPR)?....when the high poressure fuel...