b16a, b16b - im newbie to hondas!

consonar

Known Member
Dec 28, 2004
D'sara - S.alam
Visit site
thanks... slowly learning about vtec... happy mods? hehehe, little mods only, cannot mods hardcore, later pocket will 'koyak'

AD_EG

6,000 RPM
Apr 5, 2009
Ipoh
hahaha...cause got too many ppl poison...the worst poison will be ZTH - Marketplace - Engine and Performance !!

consonar

Known Member
Dec 28, 2004
D'sara - S.alam
Visit site
hahahahaha... u guys!!! lol...

right now im in stated of only little mods vtec, coz my money spend for my kancil drag car, wanna rebuild back my kancil upgrade from 660T to 1000T...

so, vtec just jalan2 bawak anak bini, kasi sedap2 saja... no meant for 400m... haha... *syok woo balik keje vtec bukak... *addict laa to that sound!!

*btw, this morning, very shock coz my engine sound like piston/valve hancur in very slow cruising *baru kuar umah... kong kang kong kang tong tang tong tang... *rupanya belting aircond snap!! haihss*belting seems twisted around... weird!!

btw guys : more question! *maybe a silly, but i still want to know..

1) do vtec have rpm limit cut? if do, what rpm?
2) what are the maximum rpm that vtec can go? that safe for engine? can go rpm9000 ka?

*both question above is for stock vtec engine... with no upgrade at all..

Last edited:

AD_EG

6,000 RPM
Apr 5, 2009
Ipoh
hahahahaha... u guys!!! lol...

right now im in stated of only little mods vtec, coz my money spend for my kancil drag car, wanna rebuild back my kancil upgrade from 660T to 1000T...

so, vtec just jalan2 bawak anak bini, kasi sedap2 saja... no meant for 400m... haha... *syok woo balik keje vtec bukak... *addict laa to that sound!!

*btw, this morning, very shock coz my engine sound like piston/valve hancur in very slow cruising *baru kuar umah... kong kang kong kang tong tang tong tang... *rupanya belting aircond snap!! haihss*belting seems twisted around... weird!!

btw guys : more question! *maybe a silly, but i still want to know..

1) do vtec have rpm limit cut? if do, what rpm?
2) what are the maximum rpm that vtec can go? that safe for engine? can go rpm9000 ka?

*both question above is for stock vtec engine... with no upgrade at all..

if im not mistaken rev cut at 8200rpm

revving to 9k rpm is possible..need to get your ecu re-chipped...but the question is....whether you are making power past 8k rpm is more important..on a stock engine i highly doubt you will be making power past that range...so rev cut at 8.2k is just nice,so that you can shift at 8k rpm.

freeman1314

Known Member
Oct 7, 2008
Stock ecu rev-cut should be around 8.2k , but revving it to 9k better swap in better valve spring and retainer. Else might do alot of harm to your engine lo. Also as AD_EG said, if your engine is not producing power after 8k then no nid let it rev that high first. Some poisonous cams should come first:biggrin:

mtm

Mar 7, 2007
Hi guys,

If I may just ride on cons's thread, (only if it's ok, otherwise, will start another), I have a manual '95 local 1.6i Civic, clocked abt 300k km. Time to give it some TLC...

what are my best options and where is best to send car to (cos I don't know of any workshop for Honda Civic jobs that are not too mod crazy). Most workshops boast of tuning and this sounds expensive. I just wana do the engine up a little bit, maybe even just an overhaul job.

was thinking swapping heads (twin cam if not too $$), new ori dampers with new bushes... and it should run like new...

the car is STOCK standard. I'm in the d'sara utama/pj area. Need spare change f bodywork (new coat of paint), interior (really needs work)...

i must repeat the thanks for the great info given so far and i look forward to your feedback on what i've just brought up.

arrowhead

Aug 20, 2004
Damansara/PJ
u cant change to twin cam. it doesnt work like proton's 4g92p (sohc) -> 4g92p DOHC just by getting the head, wiring and ecu.

ur block is totally diff from the b series. as far as i know, there is a DOHC 1.6 non-vtec, also known as the legendary ZC engine. i doubt it'll fit with ur engine block, but i'm not sure. pls correct me if i'm wrong.

300k km? its time to overhaul. i can recommend u a good honda tuner, where i usually "repair" my car. he is detailed in what he does, and on top of that, they are reputable... they built the killer 3xxhp k20a.

PM me for more info bro, dont wanna simply publish ppl's workshop name =Pp

AD_EG

6,000 RPM
Apr 5, 2009
Ipoh
eh bro...why la pm pm all.... :biggrin:

you are talking good about a persons workshop ...no harm in publishing its name right...at least ppl know....if you are talking bad about a workshop then better have facts to justify b4 such a post....at least others will know also....

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

we all know that Proton uses the Goldie-Cable harness for their power windows. i find it rather flimsy, esp for the windows that you rarely wind up/down. besides, the design of the Goldie cable puts a lot of strain on the motors esp for the Satrias and Putras with huge 2-door windows.

it would be interesting if we can put our heads together and come up with a more robust power windows system. does anybody how do the BMW's and MercedesBenz's run their power windows? i doubt they run the...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience