DIY Power Windows

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

differ

1,000 RPM
we all know that Proton uses the Goldie-Cable harness for their power windows. i find it rather flimsy, esp for the windows that you rarely wind up/down. besides, the design of the Goldie cable puts a lot of strain on the motors esp for the Satrias and Putras with huge 2-door windows.

it would be interesting if we can put our heads together and come up with a more robust power windows system. does anybody how do the BMW's and MercedesBenz's run their power windows? i doubt they run the same system.

i was thinking along the lines of a simple hydraulic valve or an actuator to do the job? any other ideas?

i guess using hydralics mayb a little too much for a window glass as it is not dat heavy..

i think if we can do some improvement over the stock power window mechanism is good enough...

i heard many parts inside are using plastics.. the reason they normally fail is becos of de plastics broken... so if we can fabricated/get metal parts to replace those plastic parts is great...

about de motor load... we may try to get bigger/ heavy duty motor with de same rpm n customise its mountings to fit nicely...

any comments?

a lot of problems also stem from the cable coil when you do not use it often. a lot of times as well, the steel cable itself rusts thus jamming up the entire mechanism, resulting in you have to change the regulator rack.

do our Mitsubishi cousins run the same design? i doubt the newer EVO's use something as cheap as this.

in an episode of Pimp My Ride, they use a motor connected to a flexible cable to push up the Electric Limo Window.

differ said:
we all know that Proton uses the Goldie-Cable harness for their power windows. i find it rather flimsy, esp for the windows that you rarely wind up/down. besides, the design of the Goldie cable puts a lot of strain on the motors esp for the Satrias and Putras with huge 2-door windows.

it would be interesting if we can put our heads together and come up with a more robust power windows system. does anybody how do the BMW's and MercedesBenz's run their power windows? i doubt they run the same system.

i was thinking along the lines of a simple hydraulic valve or an actuator to do the job? any other ideas?

BMW's and MercedesBENZ's power window system using motor to drive also, but excellent mechanical design, high efficiency DC motor and match with car's computer to control the motor movement, let the power window system feel high class and intelligent.

i plan modify my car (Isware A/B, New Saga?) power window with Microprocessr to control the motor movement.

Hydraulic Valve? " I not sure y u wan use Hydraulic Valve, can you explain your purpose. It's modify current proton power window system to double "B" level?

every automotive power window uses a Motor.....

what i meant was the lifting mechanism. Goldie-cable design just seems to rather unreliable as most proton owners can testify to.

american cars such as Dodge, GM and Chrysler use a Scissors-Hinge design which looks rather more effective and robust.

yeah...im also having problem with my power window...
so,anybody go ideas how to fix it....before send it to the doktor....save money maa... :biggrin: :mad:

My iswara, when i wind down the window glass, the glass feel like loosy only...any suggestion of how to rectify that?

not much solutions to the problems as the proton windows are a very simple mechanism which comes in 2 parts - the cable assembly/rack/regulator & the motor itself.

mivecmerah: what problems do you have? describe a bit ler bro, if not how to help.... -_-

jaywat: when you say loosy, does it mean that the glass can tilt forward/back. if so, it could be that your support for the glass in the regulator is loose already. not sure about iswara, so you will need to remove the rack and see if you can tighten it back. else, just change the regulator, which can cost upwards of rm80.

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom