Autochild

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

stephen

Known Member
Dec 19, 2004
Have anybody had their cars done up here? They seem to be able to do a good job flushing the transmission & engine sysytem.

Thinking of sending my car in to do a thorough flushing including cooling, brakes, and power steering system.

ongteckweng

5,000 RPM
Jul 15, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
Visit site
no experience with them...but i never flush my engine or gearbox b4 as i normally change my oils before the recommended mileage. usually i use fully syn engine oil n change every 4500km...as for ATF, every 20,000km instead of 30,000km...

as u all know, KL's traffic is really bad. the amount of time we caught up in jam r not countable in terms of mileage but the engine is still running right. so when ur mileage is showing 6000-7000km, ur engine might have travelled more than 10,000km!! think about it...

unless u always able to find jam free roads...

Lawcc

Known Member
Jul 15, 2005
Damansara
Bring your ATF oil at least.....

Went there once, flush engine oil and ATF oil and spent more than RM800+, regret and will never do that again. Spend so much money thought to get better and smooth running end up worse than before. The smooth running only can feel in a week time.

Engine oil used was Royal purple...and ATF was Adnoc (RM18 per liter). Believe will get much better effect if used Nissan ATF at RM18 per litre too.

ongteckweng

5,000 RPM
Jul 15, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
Visit site
atf should be okie even if u get from them...but would prefer to get my own engine oil. usually workshop will carry a certain brand of engine oil, which benefits them...moreover, there is a lot of fake oil in the market especially those branded like Mobil, BP etc...try not to get those from spare part shops. best place to get them: petrol station. although its a little but more premium, its worth it!

stephen

Known Member
Dec 19, 2004
any idea how many litres in our transmission?
Std. 1.6 car about 4 litres? should take about 6 litres to flush.

defcon1

500 RPM
May 26, 2006
I never bother with engine flushes. If I think I need a flush, I just do an oil change with normal mineral oil, drive the car around for about 2k kms and then change oil.

Same with the transmission.

Also, in an aged engine, a flush is not necessarily a good thing. Hardened carbon actually does plug up some holes... :smile:

ongteckweng

5,000 RPM
Jul 15, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
Visit site
defcon1 said:
I never bother with engine flushes. If I think I need a flush, I just do an oil change with normal mineral oil, drive the car around for about 2k kms and then change oil.

Same with the transmission.

Also, in an aged engine, a flush is not necessarily a good thing. Hardened carbon actually does plug up some holes... :smile:
agree with chris...i am using that method every 30,000km...

huakenny

LB Performance
Feb 24, 2005
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
yea....engine too clean will gv u more troubles....

wat i do for flushing is.....drain out my old oil n pour in cheap mineral oil n run engine for 10-15min and the drain it out...

pour new oil n new filter.....job done....

cheap cheap only....:_:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi guys. do you guys happened to have the wiring diagram for kancil 660 meter? i just bought l2s trxx meter and wanted to install it myself. i found a diagram on the net but its way off from the what on my car.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience