Am i being cheated? scammed?

mysayasan

Known Member
Jul 25, 2009
Johor Bahru
To all sifus out there, need help from u guys to make sure am i being cheated or not.
This scenario happened to me when 1 day i brought my car to one reputable shop for some upgrading and modification, since my old engine had too many leak already.

Im using B16A eg9 vtec engine with high cam (dunno what this cam is got from fren engine can never idle properly even after send to 2-3 reputable workshop for idle setting).
He quoted me with for changing to b20block rm4k change gearbox integra type-r lsd swap with my 4.4 non lsd old one for 3k. After all around this and that. Together 13k.

Ok, after the modification had been done..
My engine can idle perfectly. Without problem. After few mile break in procedure. I found that my gearbox oil is leaking from the shaft seal. I goto the workshop and ask them to fix this problem. They said its my fault because they are using my old seal. Can anyone advice me.. if change gearbox.. seal still use the old one?..maybe they are right.. so im ok with it.
My car finally can go for dyno. But the dyno failed. My engine blown, the mechanic said its because my clutch was slipping which makes my engine blown.. im really confused that time.. why he didnt stop dyno if my clucth is slipping.. i mean he's a reputable mechanic.. sure he should know when to stop. And then something came out from his mouth.. he said he should change my oil pump (before rebuilding my engine, he already said that he will change all parts, water pump, oil pump belt, etc) and then now.. he asked me money for the new oil pump that need to be change. And i need to bear half the cost of the blown engine.. MMMM OK... but im still cool with that. Although i feel been cheated a bit.

After my engine been rebuilt. I drive my car for another break in procedure. On saturday i when balek kampung. After 100 km of driving.. suddenly my gearbox have problem.. first i cannot shift to fourth gear.. after a period of time.. i cannot shift too all the gears.. I stop for while until the engine cooldown.. and then i try to shift again.. now i can only shift from 1,2nd, and 5th.. HAIZZZZ...

I go back to the shop and ask them to fix the problem.. since i buy the whole gearbox from them.. they said my 3rd synchro is having problem.. i asked them to fix.. because its not my fault.. i havent rev my engine past 5k and i havent open my vtec (because still in break-in procedure). But he tried to give many excuses.. but after few debate, they admit and will change my gearbox. After few days, they said i can take my car.. the gearbox not yet come. so i need to take back my car.. since no space for them to store my car..

The confusing part is.. when i take my car. something really weird happened.. now only 3rd gear having problem.. i suspect they are using non lsd gear oil.. that makes my gearbox failed.. i donknow.. maybe some sifus can help here.. my PETROL 3/4 now all gone...the meter now almost empty warning lights keep coming.. mm i wonder.. they sure test my car alot.. 3/4 of my fuel gone ady.. and my tachometer when reach 4-5 rpm it will jumping... after i check with few mechanics.. they said my distributot is having problem.. and then after carefully look at the dizzy.. there is a number (halfcut shop paint) on the dizzy.. which is not there before.. i got the picture before and after.. i will upload soon for u guys to see.. i text him, why he changed my dizzy.. although i didnt ask for it.. he said.. its because im using 2 litre block.. thats why need to change the dizzy.. im using OBD1 P30 ecu.. does 2 litre block need to change dizzy.. i know im being cheated right now..
So please any sifu out there can comment my problem here.. im really stress!!! 13k gone.. but my car more slower than before.. :adore::mad::bawling:

mysayasan

Known Member
Jul 25, 2009
Johor Bahru
u just go back & get them to rectify all the problems as u have paid them rm13k...damn....check the reciept on wat they have changed.

otherwise, just report to
Selamat Datang ke Portal TTPM
I already paid them in cash 13k all total..all the list are listed in his note book (555 book) ( too long to listed here) the problem is i dont know if he really changed it or not, i dont have any receipt.. so no proof.. mmm... i really trust the mechanic.. because his shop always post item to sell in zerotohundred wor... so i trust zerotohundred and i trust their users.. now im really regret.

1 more thing.. before i can feel the g-force when vtec kick in, ala turbo.. cause using high cam. now i cannot feel at all... no ala turbo feel in.. and my idle is perfect.. i dont know whether my cam being swap or not..

arrowhead

Aug 20, 2004
Damansara/PJ
what cams were u using prior to this? and if u dont mind, which workshop? maybe u can private message me. =)

i think u should do what danz suggested. this workshop is definitely taking u for a ride.

Last edited:

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
looks like they just want to get rid of the "not so good condition of halfcut parts" to u at the price of good conditioned parts...

agree with danz...

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
I already paid them in cash 13k all total..all the list are listed in his note book (555 book) ( too long to listed here) the problem is i dont know if he really changed it or not, i dont have any receipt.. so no proof.. mmm... i really trust the mechanic.. because his shop always post item to sell in zerotohundred wor... so i trust zerotohundred and i trust their users.. now im really regret.

1 more thing.. before i can feel the g-force when vtec kick in, ala turbo.. cause using high cam. now i cannot feel at all... no ala turbo feel in.. and my idle is perfect.. i dont know whether my cam being swap or not..
bro, care to share with us the workshop name?

---------- Post added at 10:22 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:21 AM ----------

u need to get the reciept as proof bro.

jombiee

500 RPM
Feb 7, 2005
Ghombau
engine blown during dyno ? at what RPM is that ? chipped ecu with no rev limit ?, holy crap what kind of pomen is that ?
For 13k OMG this is just too much bro !

mysayasan

Known Member
Jul 25, 2009
Johor Bahru
bro, care to share with us the workshop name?

---------- Post added at 10:22 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:21 AM ----------

u need to get the reciept as proof bro.
Later i will try to get the receipt from him.. if he have la..

One time really funny, i think he didnt know many user had been exposed to "which is the original skunk2 intake manifold". I ask him, if he sell skunk2 original intake manifold or not.. he said have.. then he show me.. 100% FAKE... i have the original skunk2.. just dun want tell him.. cause i wanna see if he really honest or not.. and then.. after that i show him my skunk2.. he said.. mine are fake 1..

his skunk2 has many fake spots shown by skunk2 website..

from that time.. i believe im being cheated.. but i dont know how far ive been cheated by him,

I will announce his workshop name after he replace back my lsd gearbox and my distributor..
Cause later he see this post.. then dun wan replace.. im the one who really rugii worrr..
But i think no one will believe me (the shop kinda popular).. cause i never join any honda group or club or anything (maybe thats why he cheated me).. no good links and all that.. but i hope people in ZTH would aware about this..

mysayasan

Known Member
Jul 25, 2009
Johor Bahru
engine blown during dyno ? at what RPM is that ? chipped ecu with no rev limit ?, holy crap what kind of pomen is that ?
For 13k OMG this is just too much bro !

7 rpm something.. he show me video.. but i dont have the video.. he havent send to me.. although many time asking.. haiz.. 7 rpm suddenly the tachy jump tp 9-11k rpm something.. video to small..
said my clutch slipping... i dont know.. can sifu help me here.. does clutch slipping can be like that?... but my clutch use type-r clutch just been changed for few month (3 month precise). But why he didnt stop if he know that my clutch is slipping.. sry i dont know about all this stuff..

using hondata.. (but 13k is not include hondata yet.. cause of blown engine 13+3k=16k include hondata)
hondata price seems very ok.. but other parts i dont know......

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
workshops are like that.......
once they recieved the money, & if car got problems, they wont answer your calls & ignore u.....
for me, if car mods costs more than rm2k, i will pay upfront rm500 & the balance by cheque......but will inform him before hand la.......then when i take the car, will hand him the balance amount by cheque. cos at least need 2-3 WD days to clear & that time i got time to test my car........if problems persists in the future i could cancel the cheque & get him to fix the problem 1st.

mysayasan

Known Member
Jul 25, 2009
Johor Bahru
Next time.. i will do like that.. i will never trust a workshop anymore.. although it is reputable.. these kind of things makes me learn, but in expensive way.

ALiAS

Known Member
Jun 27, 2009
PJ
i would have bought a half cut type r and modify it with that 13k...

my RM0.02...

karl_razlie

500 RPM
Apr 25, 2005
Puchong
yup agreed wth 13k or 16k better take halfcut type R..and start from fresh std engine hehehehe...nxt time buy part by ur self and ask shop to install it....

jd5

Known Member
Mar 9, 2010
N/A
You got burned bro! Sort out your car with the mechanic, and then do what would hurt him the most - reveal the name of the shop/mechanic!

There are just too many greedy bastards out there!

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi guys,
Require some advice here; where is the best for money paint job around KL or Selangor, thought of having pearl white on my Skyline V35.
I've seen the next level customz website, these guys quite impressive, have not got the chance to visit the shop in PJ.

What you guys reckon...?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience