My turn being bullied by sparepart dealer!! : (

zac

1,000 RPM
Feb 7, 2007
Johor Bahru
Guys...

I sprayed my car 3 months ago, replacing new bonnet as paint sifu said if it's already rusted then he can't guaranteed that it won't come out again... so i took in his advice, and change a after market wira hood for rm200, but one month ago, it's starter to have those pimple things came out, and recently it's spreading and got around 5~6 pimples on my hood, i bring my car back to pain sifu and he said he never face this kind of problem before...
The inner side hood was stuffed with good quality silicon and one layer of soundproof cotton sheet by paint sifu... So he examined it, the silicon that added earlier by him was not the culprit causing rust, it's the silicon/gum/substance that inside structure bone started to rust. He take me to the sparepart shop, the fellow said he take bulk order together with other sparepart shop so he don't who's the middleman and he also can't replace it, inspired by bro danz, i told them i will raise this issue to consumer tribunal court, he also tak gesa... FXXK!!! so i took this sparepart shop name card, and copied down the maker and distributor details from a sticker pasted on hood, and took photo of my hood.

Now i have few question:
1. I don't have receipt of car spray, cos it's old friend of my sister, and he actually willing to respray back just that the hood need to be replaced first.
2. Does hearing venue located kl?
3. Without receipt, is my chances going very low?
4. Any proper channel in jb i can seek for assistance?

:mad::mad::mad:

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
dont worry bro...i feel u....
they think they could bully us consumers...dont worry, report this case to tribunal,
here u go . http://ttpm.kpdnkk.gov.my/portal/index.php
u register at the bottom left 'pertanyaan & pemfailan", u key in your details & the story & submit....they are quite efficient....they will call u sometimes on the same day or latest the next day...u could also check your status.....online.....

once they rcvd your file, u need to print out the forms & hand it to the person that u file against.....when u hand over to them...they will ask u wtf is that? u say u open yourself la......if they dont wanna recieve it jugak...u just leave it on the table......dont worry, tribunal will also send a letter to them as well........

if he ask u why u sue him...u say either we settle in court & will hebohkan this issue to everyone or we just settle here & gimme a new bonnet......

good luck bro...anything u could ask me....

---------- Post added at 02:52 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:50 PM ----------

Now i have few question:
1. I don't have receipt of car spray, cos it's old friend of my sister, and he actually willing to respray back just that the hood need to be replaced first.
**as long u have the reciept for the bonnet

2. Does hearing venue located kl?
** u need to check whether is there a branch in jb or not
3. Without receipt, is my chances going very low?
** u need the reciept for proof.
4. Any proper channel in jb i can seek for assistance?
** if there is not tribunal, seek mahkamah tribunal. tell them your claims below rm5k, does not require lawyer.

---------- Post added at 02:54 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:52 PM ----------

make sure u sue the spare part shop, not the distributor/wholeseller tau...

zac

1,000 RPM
Feb 7, 2007
Johor Bahru
habis lah... the bonnet was taken by paint sifu from distributor, so i dun have any receipt at all... so now how? i should get the invoice of paint sifu receiving the bonnet? :bawling:

arturo

nooB
Aug 5, 2004
SateCelupLand
wah Danz...can bukak consultation desk here liau:biggrin:

zac...no receipt means no proof of purchase...yr paint guy bought the bonnet without receipt? sure must have some sort of invoice wat.

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
zac...oOOo so means the paint guy bought the bonnet for you from distributor.....
by right the paint guy should be responsible not u....

but anyways, u need to ask him for the reciept or invoice.
its very important, cos u need proof to declare the pricing.

arturo...
hehe no la...just helping forumers here......

---------- Post added at 04:23 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:20 PM ----------

zac..u mean u bought aftermarket hoods like performance ones with scoops or
u meant OEM ones?

---------- Post added at 04:23 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:23 PM ----------

could u post some pics of your bonnet?

---------- Post added at 04:25 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:23 PM ----------

if no choice ah....u got to tell the paint guy to redo your bonnet,
have to grind & fibre the part that has pimples, & a full respray....
becos without the reciept, u cant get a case.

zac

1,000 RPM
Feb 7, 2007
Johor Bahru

It's oem design but 2nd class manufacturer lah i guess...
Actually paint sifu willing to redo it, but he said even respray it will come out again, because the problem lies with bad quality of hood...
I found one original wira hood from my friend place, only rm100, cheap ma? original one should be able to tahan right? :hmmmm:

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
did the paint sifu gosok the bonnet before spraying anot? from my point of view,
looks like he did not...just spray over with out sanding it evenly.....
no need to waste yr money to get another bonet, if not u rugi rm200 edi....

so for now, just grind off the pimples & sand the bonnet down properly till u get an even surface, after that spray primer & then only the top layer coating....
remember, after primer let it dry under the sun, do the same process after completing top layer coating.

zac

1,000 RPM
Feb 7, 2007
Johor Bahru
Actually he did brush the thing... cos i almost went there everyday to inspect my car... and now i can see that the rust were coming out from structure bone connecting part... it's not randomly grow pimples... just now we took out some part of my heat insulation cotton... and it's very obvious, the rust part are following the structure bone... sigh... if it's hood problem, even gosok also useless leh... cannot tahan also

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
zac, sorry to hear your case......

arturo

nooB
Aug 5, 2004
SateCelupLand
Zac...did yr paintjob guy check if the area under the bracers have paint coating or some sort of rust proofing? metal will only bubble up like that if moisture gets trapped...either from bad preparations or spraying during wet/high humidity weather...my paintjob guy delayed my paintjob 2 weeks cos he said humidity too high to do any painting...i think wira hood bracers are totally covered up from below rite? if during manufacturing already have moisture trapped inside then i think however u paint oso no use...since the rust is coming from within the bracer's hollow inside.

May 30, 2010
petaling jaya
i have the same problem. how to remove the rust under the bone frame of the hood? and on the frame it self. the topside of my hood is ok. only the underside has rust. also came out after the paintjob

zac

1,000 RPM
Feb 7, 2007
Johor Bahru
bro lord, need to get it changed then... no point to respray it when you chances of rust is high...

calvin9683

Jul 5, 2004
JB
sorry to hear abt this...sure damn heart pain....
zac....pasang mivec hood oni la.....
since edi 1.8 mivec....lolz

zac

1,000 RPM
Feb 7, 2007
Johor Bahru
Cal, i dun like mivec hood lah... i really like evo2/3 front but i got nth to put in front of radiator... somemore my car only normal wira, so normal wira kit will do... :love:

btw, used ori 97' wira hood selling for rm100 expensive mah?? heard that old car steel better right? somemore this hood kept in shop for quite sometime never kena water...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Wiper blades are like squeegees. The arms of the wiper drag a thin rubber strip across the windshield to clear away the water.

When the blade is new, the rubber is clean and has no nicks or cracks. It wipes the water away without leaving streaks. When the wiper blades age, nicks or cracks form, road grime builds up on the edge and it doesn't make as tight a seal against the window, so it leaves streaks. Sometimes you can get a little extra life out of your wiper blade by wiping the edge...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience