How to improve? Slight power-loss after turning on air-cond...

KGhee

Feb 9, 2008
Any idea on what can be done to minimize power-loss after turning on the air-conditioning? I have asked my mechanic to adjust the timing so the engine rev higher during idle, but that is only a temporary solution. Currently driving a s-gti.

Appreciate the feedback.

jeffayn

500 RPM
Mar 27, 2004
Klang
the aircond need power to operate, how u wan to compensate the losses ?

if u want to compensate, you need to add more power la...:biggrin:

khoyos

2,000 RPM
Nov 23, 2003
Shah Alam
easy. when u switch on aircon, drive in relax mood. when ur in the mood for spirited driving, switch off aircon. will increase lifespan of aircon compressor.

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
Any idea on what can be done to minimize power-loss after turning on the air-conditioning? I have asked my mechanic to adjust the timing so the engine rev higher during idle, but that is only a temporary solution. Currently driving a s-gti.

Appreciate the feedback.
- remove ur aircond unit all together and fix a fan inside the cabin
- switch off ur aircond when u wants to do spirited drive
- use undersize lightweight pulley for ur compressor (this one hard to find, side effect u have a less cool aircond)
- service ur aircond compressor regularly

mivec_mivec

Known Member
Oct 21, 2007
yup..agree with sifu sky..use smaller crank pulley..it may cost to belt as well..less cool but gain more power to engine.

KGhee

Feb 9, 2008
Thanks for the advice, as of now...definitely switching off my air-cond for spirited driving...haha. Can only do this at night, harder in the afternoon due to M'sian weather.

khoyos

2,000 RPM
Nov 23, 2003
Shah Alam
Thanks for the advice, as of now...definitely switching off my air-cond for spirited driving...haha. Can only do this at night, harder in the afternoon due to M'sian weather.
plus with all the traffic in the afternoon... better save ur petrol hehehe

clanzkiller

1,000 RPM
Oct 31, 2006
aiya air-con is when u got chicks inside your car..drive slowly and gentlely...don chok her until she don dare to sit on your car next time..plus u got more time to spend wit her inside your car...

when u're alone, just don use air con and play til u siok lo...

tat is how my usage of the air-con LOL...except raining day la,sure need air-con even if alone

alangbudi

Known Member
Jun 10, 2006
Hahah totally agree with what clanzkiller said. Simple mechanism, on and off....

Shinjite

500 RPM
Feb 27, 2006
Klang
yup normally if its very hot then I will on my aircond and drive slowly because car powerless adi
my compressor is absorbing a huge load from my engine when its on......

renxun

1,000 RPM
Jul 4, 2006
aiya air-con is when u got chicks inside your car..drive slowly and gentlely...don chok her until she don dare to sit on your car next time..plus u got more time to spend wit her inside your car...

when u're alone, just don use air con and play til u siok lo...

tat is how my usage of the air-con LOL...except raining day la,sure need air-con even if alone
if the car is fitted with a 2 way lsd.. hmm.... chicks will say..--ui ui wat happen to your car..? apa bunyi itu...? pandai tercabut ka..?

then u answer... - there is only one way to drive to ensure there is no sound....

chiiiih...!!.... haazz..~~ hazzz...hazzz.... kechiuu.....!:biggrin::thefinger:

clanzkiller

1,000 RPM
Oct 31, 2006
if the car is fitted with a 2 way lsd.. Hmm.... Chicks will say..--ui ui wat happen to your car..? Apa bunyi itu...? Pandai tercabut ka..?

Then u answer... - there is only one way to drive to ensure there is no sound....

Chiiiih...!!.... Haazz..~~ hazzz...hazzz.... Kechiuu.....!:biggrin::thefinger:
muahahahahah...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Nissan has updated its Murano crossover less than four years after the launch of the original, revealing the all-new 2009 car at today’s Los Angeles Auto Show. Though styling remains similar to the outgoing version, the 2009 Murano has been upgraded with a new platform and body structure as well as an all-new steering system.

<object...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience