Aircond Killing Engine Timing HELP!!!

Today I went to a workshop to enquire on cleaning my TB. There's 2 types, one a simple cleaning and lubricating which costs RM45. Another is using 3 bottles of different lubricant to clean the TB and fuel injection which cost RM180. The thins is I went to a hardware store to check the prices of these 3 lubricants which only cost less than RM60.

I think all of them a b#llsh*t.

Anyway, FICD may be the thing but I believe the best way to get around this may be geeting a HKS part controlling the engine timing and air intake with digital timing control and display.

I have such problem to lately, after installing open pod air filter, when air con is on already down to 750rpm, when radiator fan is on together it drops even lower, my mech advise me to get grounding kit, does it help?or any better ways to solve it?going to check my tb in 1 day

HaxDuum bro,

Nice to c u here. previously I also having problem same as you..... Tested many way.
1) stock air intake, rpm w/o a/c was 900. rpmwith a/c on was 800. but between that rpm dropped to 500 than only went back to 800.
2) Changed to open pod filter, same thing happened.
3) Added FICD & tuned myself. slightly better.
4) Added VS + grounding... zaptor VS. Got improved.
5) TB cleaning DIY... (MMC TB), just bought the carburettor cleaner spray on TB clean-up the carbon inside..:banghead:
6) Not yet get the car to fine tune back the TB, but I took off the battery wire & next day plug it on again. (help to reset the ECU to stock)

Anyway, now running smoothly. But when a/c kick in there still slightly rpm dropped but it came back 900rpm quickly compared before all above done.

However, I talked to few mech... rpm dropped when a/c kick in, it is mechanical issue... or there is worn engine mounting too.

Hope I can help...:listen:

friend,.. y friday worked till 10pm ... many work meh? chris & I at mitch place . chris went for fine tuned his ride bit.. I went to collect my car, cos sent to mitch service.

So, coming friday how wanna go "yamcha" not?? I staying at PJ ... :biggrin:

Go to tuning center to remap ECU n try 2 check tb....
The idling problem...when on air-con rpm muz higher then without on air-con rpm....
Coz higher rotation engine to work ac compressor....
So muz go to tune it,man...:idea:

Correct me if i am wrong....

have to work, or else cant go for BOT hahaha
Already let my mech overhauling the engine, so i will call him to check it out for the carbie. Hope can return to normal.
This coming fri should no problem since not working anymore back to full time student hehehe...
opps....i was reading things on Tb hehehe got mess up, anyway tot of changing to injection end of this yr n go for bot

Last edited:
have to work, or else cant go for BOT hahaha
Already let my mech overhauling the engine, so i will call him to check it out for the TB and carbie. Hope can return to normal.
This coming fri should no problem since not working anymore back to full time student hehehe...

very confusing, u got a TB & a carbie ? r u running fuel injection or carburator la bro

If carbie juz adjust the ac idle oni ma at air-fuel idle there....
Can adjust by urslef...

first of all your engine should be a EFI version.... then your air cond should be trigger by electronic also.... EFI car has got a electrinically controlled by pass valve to allow the engine to spool to higher RPM....
most of the time after year of usage.... the by pass valve is either spoilled or filled by dust or dirt.... maybe u try to take that by pass valve out and check if it is still working.... then use an air gun to clean up if the valve is working.... GOOD LUCK

first of all your engine should be a EFI version.... then your air cond should be trigger by electronic also.... EFI car has got a electrinically controlled by pass valve to allow the engine to spool to higher RPM....
most of the time after year of usage.... the by pass valve is either spoilled or filled by dust or dirt.... maybe u try to take that by pass valve out and check if it is still working.... then use an air gun to clean up if the valve is working.... GOOD LUCK

Hi bro,... can show where is the location of the by pass valve locate in the engine bay??
better attach with photo... then easy for us to DIY check & clean up or replace new 1.

:adore::biggrin:Thank you..

pls look at the pic... is it this 1 ka??? pls advice??

Bump: check out the picture pls.....:itsme:

Bump: check out the picture pls.....:itsme:

Bump: wow... sorry. never see clearly ur nickname... lilprincess.

Ok come back to the by pass valve u talked earlier....:biggrin: But actually what type of car u talking about? cos it might be different?

According to ur explanation.... I think I done it, cos I added the FICD front toyota into my wira same like u said.

Below pic for ur reference....:driver:

Ok come back to the by pass valve u talked earlier....:biggrin: But actually what type of car u talking about? cos it might be different?

According to ur explanation.... I think I done it, cos I added the FICD front toyota into my wira same like u said.

Below pic for ur reference....:driver:

Attachments

• DSC05852.JPG
    DSC05852.JPG
    75.9 KB · Views: 150
  • FICD Graph.jpg
    FICD Graph.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 230
i am not quite sure where is it.... but then u can try to find a hose that is attached to somewhere after air filter and before trottle body, and the hose will attach to a device that should not be quite big... then the device will have another hose that will attach to you manafoil.... AND please be gentle to me..... i am not your BRO.....

wow... sorry. never see clearly ur nickname... lilprincess.

Ok come back to the by pass valve u talked earlier.... But actually what type of car u talking about? cos it might be different?

Below pic for ur reference....

Ok come back to the by pass valve u talked earlier.... But actually what type of car u talking about? cos it might be different?

alright.... no worry..... that is what i am toking about... i dont know what is it called.... hahaha... so i call it a air by pass valve.... which allows u bypass air before your trottle into you manifoil...

ya,... FICD (Fast Idle Control Device) it help a lot..!! I am using it on my wira.

But it might be my wira oem FICD not working properly....... better check on that too.

Top Bottom