air intake from cabin

Sep 29, 2010
subang jaya
hai everybody, what i noe for better combustion the car need cold air from air filter to create a perfect combustion,( correct me if im wrong) and can i just make a piping from air filter to my cabin to suck cold air coz im using aircond ... so dat air must be cooler...is it any dangerous?

MetaruBZG

Known Member
Dec 25, 2005
Cyberjaya
www.cardomain.com
Ur concept is correct, cold air = better combustion but i think its not worthit. First u have alot of induction noise (noise from air coming into the enjin n stuff). Then any bonus u get from cold air is used to run your aircond compressor, not to mention the xtra pipings needed to suck air from the cabin. Its a good idea but, no offence bro, rather impractical in my opinion.

arturo

nooB
Aug 5, 2004
SateCelupLand
i've heard of ppl running the intake thru the aircon cooling coil just to cool it down(they move the cooling coil to the engine bay n place it near the intake)..but its rather illogical cos the energy spent to cool the air down doesnt justify the extra power from cooler air. besides, the engine sucks in quite a huge amount of air esp at higher revs...will the air cool down in time before getting pumped into the engine? dont think so.

shah5755

Known Member
Apr 20, 2007
Pj....kch
don't think thats a gud idea bro...better u just follow others by using the funnel through ur front bumper goes to ur filter....juz my 2 cents:biggrin:

JINEIL2EN

Over 10,000 RPM!
Sep 6, 2004
Island Of Pearl
team99ers.2.forumer.com
hahaha... just using CO2 to cool down ur intake... in US, there got some complete kits for NA & Turbo car... hassle free... hahahaha...

Oct 11, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Co2 gas will choke ur engine, it will replace the oxygen needed to burn fuel. I have read about their test and actually they manage to increase 3-4 hp if they manage to prevent Co2 gas from entering air intake system. but if the gas leaks to intake hp decrease is 20-30hp.

i believe the CO2 gas used to spay on intercooler. they test with nitros also and they manage to gain 50hp, just because some of the nitros get inside air intake and burn with the fuel.

JINEIL2EN

Over 10,000 RPM!
Sep 6, 2004
Island Of Pearl
team99ers.2.forumer.com
huh??.... co2 to cool down the intake manifold??.. u dont mean spray inside rite??..
no la ofcos... hahahaha... who would gonna waste the CO2 by spray into intake or intercooler... hahhahaa.///... old style not suit for me....:proud:

briconner

Sep 28, 2010
Long Beach, Cal
is it true that cold air should be the one being sucked by the engine? I thought the engine just need some air in order to regulate the burning process of the fuel.

Last edited:

arturo

nooB
Aug 5, 2004
SateCelupLand
cold = kecut
hot = kembang

cold air = more air molecules/sq inch
hot air = less air molecules/sq inch

more air = bigger explosion
bigger explosion = more power

hence cold air = more power

kumar22mostwanted

1,500 RPM
Jan 9, 2010
HELL!!!
yeah i have to say most practical is use a CAI hose and put on end at the air filter and the other route it to the front bumper
looks nice also